Andrew&Deb

K1 Annotation?

17 posts in this topic

OK, worry wart here again....i've passed my interview in London last week and have received my visa back :) i have just been browsing some posts and came across someone talking about the annotation on the visa, saying that the petitioner's name is wrong?? now on my visa the petitioner (my fiancee) is not mentioned at all, all i have is A# and then 8 numbers...is this normal and correct for visas issued out of London? Thank you for your help

Hi, i'm sorry to hijack this thread but i have a question. I recently passed my interview in London and have recieved the visa back in my passport which i and my fiancee are over the moon about, but ive been reading different things on here and have just read this particular thread and think that something maybe wrong with the visa in my passport. Basically under 'annotation' on the visa all i have is 'A#' and then some numbers...no name of petitioner or anything..is this correct? maybe ive just completely misunderstood the topic of this thread, i would appreciate it if someone could shed any light on this for me, thankyou

Nik's visa from London has an Annotation field which says

K-1 PET APPRV USCIS/WAC ON 13MAR2009

AXXXXXXXX

Nothing about me on there. As someone mentioned previously, this seems to be a somewhat free-form field, depending mostly on the person typing it up that day....

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Nik's visa from London has an Annotation field which says

Nothing about me on there. As someone mentioned previously, this seems to be a somewhat free-form field, depending mostly on the person typing it up that day....

thanks for response, all mine says is Entries 1....issue date....expiration date...Annotation A#********...nothing about petition approved or any other letters (obviously it has my name and the type of visa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

thanks for response, all mine says is Entries 1....issue date....expiration date...Annotation A#********...nothing about petition approved or any other letters (obviously it has my name and the type of visa

You A# is your Alien Registration number also refereed to as your Alien number, or file number. It is an identification number for your case. The border officer will look up all your info anyway when looks up your visa. The Border officer actually wrote my wife's A# in her passport and drew a line from the Visa entry number "1".

Also look for a red visa number. It will be 8 or more number long and should be stamped to the right side under the Annotation section. You will need that when filing for AOS in the I-485 form.

You A# is your Alien Registration number also refereed to as your Alien number, or file number. It is an identification number for your case. The border officer will look up all your info anyway when looks up your visa. The Border officer actually wrote my wife's A# in her passport and drew a line from the Visa entry number "1".

Also look for a red visa number. It will be 8 or more number long and should be stamped to the right side under the Annotation section. You will need that when filing for AOS in the I-485 form.

So as long as i have the Annotatin Number and the red visa number its all ok?? as i have both of these

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So as long as i have the Annotatin Number and the red visa number its all ok?? as i have both of these

If it was me I wouldn't worry about it. You have the visa with no errors or misspellings and you are going to be carrying a packet which will have everything the border officer needs to know about you and your case if he has any questions. The packet contains all your info and as far as I can tell all the info that was submitted with the original petition. Just make sure you enter the U.S before the visa expiration date.

If you want to feel more assured then you can call the US embassy in London and ask them if you should be concerned.

Safe travels!

Edited by gvt

If it was me I wouldn't worry about it. You have the visa with no errors or misspellings and you are going to be carrying a packet which will have everything the border officer needs to know about you and your case if he has any questions. The packet contains all your info and as far as I can tell all the info that was submitted with the original petition. Just make sure you enter the U.S before the visa expiration date.

If you want to feel more assured then you can call the US embassy in London and ask them if you should be concerned.

Safe travels!

i guess you're right :) i don't think i'll be completely at ease until ive passed immigration...my fiancee laughs at me because i seem to be worrying about the slightest thing lol, maybe i should keep off these forums so as not to find more things to stress about lol :) thankyou for your help

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone there,

I just got my passport visa just today.. but my problem is my petitioner last name which "ANNOTATION" was incorrect it supposed to be "DEWITT but they put DEWETT" Whats the best way to do, ? to make my flight got no problem when i fly into the U.S port of entry.. Because my seminar is on Monday JuLY 16 and my flight is on July 19,, pleasee need some good advice for your there guys..Thank you Godblesss u all

Hi everyone there,

I just got my passport visa just today.. but my problem is my petitioner last name which "ANNOTATION" was incorrect it supposed to be "DEWITT but they put DEWETT" Whats the best way to do, ? to make my flight got no problem when i fly into the U.S port of entry.. Because my seminar is on Monday JuLY 16 and my flight is on July 19,, pleasee need some good advice for your there guys..Thank you Godblesss u all

Instead of reviving a two year old thread, you should start your own.

Get in touch with your consulate about having it fixed.

• 8 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My fiancé received the passport with the visa today K1 also her friend received too at the same time. Both are K1 and none are mission critical. On her friend's passport it said at the bottom says:

*Exception under pp on risk to labor market
on My fiancé passport it doesn’t say anything like that .. can she still fly to the US ?
I emailed ustraveldocs to confirm

this is what they said

We confirm that you do not need that annotation on your visa.

can I travel to the US ? I am afraid 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, WHATSMYSTATUS said:

My fiancé received the passport with the visa today K1 also her friend received too at the same time. Both are K1 and none are mission critical. On her friend's passport it said at the bottom says:

*Exception under pp on risk to labor market
on My fiancé passport it doesn’t say anything like that .. can she still fly to the US ?
I emailed ustraveldocs to confirm

this is what they said

We confirm that you do not need that annotation on your visa.

can I travel to the US ? I am afraid 

You woke up an 8 year old thread 

Where is the friend from?

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You woke up an 8 year old thread 

Where is the friend from?

My fiancé is from India 

and her friend also from the same place 

both are no mission 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, WHATSMYSTATUS said:

My fiancé is from India 

and her friend also from the same place 

both are no mission 

There is no pp that I am aware of that precludes the issuance of k1 visas, particularly in India.   Some consulates are using a pp to not issue k1s in travel banned nations but India is not on that list.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.