monkeyface

the date passed us by

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee and I have been closely watching the historical processing times for the California Center here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1historical

The problem is now they are working on the 9th of June, but ours was opened on the 7th!!!! Is this bad news? Does this mean that they will probably ask us for more documentation?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My fiancee and I have been closely watching the historical processing times for the California Center here:

The problem is now they are working on the 9th of June, but ours was opened on the 7th!!!! Is this bad news? Does this mean that they will probably ask us for more documentation?

Thanks!

Well, i wouldn't pay too much attention to it... for the IR1/CR1, they re supposed to work on the 2nd of may, but only one of the april filers got approved...So i don t think it s bad news, USCIS is just going really slow lately...

NVC:

Case number assigned : 10/12/2010

IIN received: 10/21/2010

paid AOS bill: 10/22/2010

Sent AOS: 10/25/2010

paid IV bill: 10/28/2010

Received confirmation COA: 10/28/2010

Sent IV+DS230: 10/29/2010

AOS entered in the system: 11/08/2010

IV entered in the system: 11/12/2010

Stupid RFE on birth certificate: 11/24/2010

Send German birth certificate : 11/26/2010

German birth certificate received by NVC : 11/29/2010

RFE entered in the system : 12/07/2010

SIF: 12/15/2010

Case complete: 12/16/2010

Holiday in Martinique with my wonderful wife : 12/31/2010

Interview : 02/22/2011

Visa in hand : 02/28/2011

POE DALLAS : 03/01/2011

You have not posted any time line so it is difficult to answer your question. I paid no attention to the posted center's processing times. All it did was depress me. I just waited and after 5 months and 2 days I receved the NOA2 for the K1 visa. That was the average time for processing at Vermont at that time according to other members posting status. The center's posted times were months behind what was actually happening. All I can say is be patient even though it is frustrating...you are not alone. Good luck for your NOA2.:time:

http://www.visajourn...nt/k1historical

Thanks!

That is just an average date based on other people's timelines. Some take more or less. Don't get upset by it.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Also those dates are not given by USCIS and are not official in anyway (although they are a very good indicator of average time).

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The dates and timelines are mostly meaningless (and only generated by those who fill in their timelines here on VJ.) You have to take them for what they are worth, and that's not too much in many cases.

When I first sent my I-129F in mid-April, the "current processing date" for VSC was mid-January, if I recall correctly, and my timeline stated that my petition may be adjudicated in mid-August, or right about now. By late-June, it had moved up so much that it was telling me my petition may be adjudicated in late-May. Now, it has crept forward again and tells me that I should look forward to hearing something between mid-June to early-July (ha!)

If you only submitted your petition in June, you have nothing to worry about at this point, regardless of what the "current processing date" or timeline "may be adjudicated date" says...

Good luck!

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

I just checked the USCIS time lines and according to the time table, it is currently taking 5 months to process I-124F's. If you filed in June, then be patient. Did you sign up for email notification?

The one thing about the K-1 process is, it is very frustrating waiting for someone to do their job. Everyone that has been through this process goes a little crazy waiting for the papers to get processed. If there was something missing, you would have been notified earlier. Now all you can do is wait.

The best advice is to begin getting your home ready for your fiance/fiancee's arrival. Some deep cleaning, painting and overall maintenance has a way of taking up your time while you wait. Also, look for stores that carry items from your SO's country. That will help later to make them feel more at home. If you have the chance to meet other couples (from America and your fiancee's country) then start making some friends. But, make sure they are happily married couples.

If you can put in extra hours at work for later time off, that would be a good idea too. You want to be able to spend a lot of quality time with your intended after they arrive.

But, mostly learn to be patient. :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks a lot for your information and support!!! I won't worry about it now. We are together right now anyhow and that is a lot more than can be said for other couples in the same situation. See, now I feel thankful!! :)

Yeah, it is hard and I know that I'm luckier than most because I've been able to spend at least some time with my fiancée every month (except this one, but soon!) since January. It would be 1000X worse if we didn't get to see each other at all...

The best advice is to begin getting your home ready for your fiance/fiancee's arrival. Some deep cleaning, painting and overall maintenance has a way of taking up your time while you wait. Also, look for stores that carry items from your SO's country. That will help later to make them feel more at home. If you have the chance to meet other couples (from America and your fiancee's country) then start making some friends. But, make sure they are happily married couples.

Funny, because I've been doing A LOT of this lately - the deep cleaning and maintenance, at least, but I've suspended all new painting/decorating until after her arrival..:lol:

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Thanks a lot for your information and support!!! I won't worry about it now. We are together right now anyhow and that is a lot more than can be said for other couples in the same situation. See, now I feel thankful!!

Mine bounced all over the place for months. Unfortunately, while that timeline gives us a LITTLE bit of a guideline or idea, I don't find it the best way to judge.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Thanks!

Take a deep breath and relax, I don't think you have much (if any) cause to worry. I believe that just states that they have begun working on those that were submitted later than yours. ;)

Good luck! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.