US_SL

K-1 pet/ben both are divorced

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It makes little difference that I can see. If they suspected the divorce was obtained to make it possible for one party to immigrate and eventually help the other to immigrate, then the only thing that would matter was whether the ex-husband was American. He's not. Additionally, even if they presume she has no intention of helping her ex-husband immigrate, they might still suspect she wants to help other members of her family in Sri Lanka to immigrate. Or, perhaps her ex-husband tried and failed to get a work visa to come to the US and work for a US hotel chain. There are many variations of the scheme that could apply. The common thread for all of them is that both parties had overlapping relationships and recent divorces. I don't see how the consulate would not think this was worth investigating.

I'm saying the "if" is far less likely because one party is German. If the couple wanted to live together in a Western country, it would be far simpler and less risky to chose Germany. Consular officers know this.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Worse come to worse, if thy reject her, i will go and get married and file for immigrant visa instead K-3 and having her grilled at the CO.

You might want to rethink any approach to a K-3 - http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/

Regardless of Visa Type, grilling is not optional - most ppl call it 'interview with Consular Official'.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You might want to rethink any approach to a K-3 - http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/

Regardless of Visa Type, grilling is not optional - most ppl call it 'interview with Consular Official'.

Thank you for your response. Another non-I visa! May eb if things go south. I thought about this very deeply today and came up with idea below:

what if i submit a very detaild statement in regards to my previous marriage to the embassy with supports of the settlement when my fiancee submit teh documents when packet 3 comes? I will explain everything in detail as far as what happened! There is nothing to hide for me. The reason being is US Consulate in SL is not a big one and they are not that busy comparing to other posts (they issued only 31 K-1 in 2009, i found out today in state dep website, NOT 18 as i said earlier)so the CO have enough time to read the story and know the matter well when my fiancee face the interview. Because i doubt my fiancee will have enough time to explain the matter well because most of the time CO made up their mind prior to what they do.

Any thought!

I'm saying the "if" is far less likely because one party is German. If the couple wanted to live together in a Western country, it would be far simpler and less risky to chose Germany. Consular officers know this.

I am not clearly understaning your reply. Can you please explain bit further? Is it in my favor or teh consulate's favor?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.