sbrr

Just got married 1 week in and want divorce! didn't file AOS yet.

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I think if the marriage is only 1 week old, there is no joint ownership of anything yet and if both of you mutually agree to be seperate, then annulment could be the fastest way.

I dont know the details, but you guys might want to give a shot, it takes atleast couple weeks for both of you to settle and to learn to live with each other.

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

he wont really cooperate now. he wants to flee the US back to Russia within a week. Is it okay for me to file paperwork on my own here? what if he refuses to sign stuff? I hope he doesn't need to show his face.

Non-cooperation is a pretty big red flag. Think carefully about what went on with you two before marriage. Were there warning signs you did not heed? Were you misled?

He is free to go back to Russia, but won't be able to re-enter. No, he doesn't have to sign things but it makes it more difficult.

State law governs divorce/annulment. You can google your state laws on Divorce in New York State. My question about being misled is that this is an additional possibility for annulment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope your not being harsh with him being that he came from Russia to live with you! Because if he wants to leave that BAD, and being that Marriage is very complicated to point fingers to one spouse, but after one week+! Someone is driving the other up the wall and there's no respect for the other.

I LOVE my fiance and wife to be and I have no plans in trying to make her someone I want her to be. BIG MISTAKE! I LOVE her just as she is with all the GOOD and the BAD! And, she LOVES me the same way!

So whatever your doing you need to stop as well as him!

04-??-2005, --:-- -- - Met online at myforeignbride.com

04-14-2005, --:-- -- - First meeting online using Yahoo

08-30-2005, --:-- -- - Choosed to make a commitment to me, Yeppee!

10-17-2005, --:-- -- - Accepted my marriage proposal

07-30-2008, --:-- -- - Arrived in the Philippines

08-04-2008, --:-- -- - Departed from the Philippines

07-26-2010, 10:01 am - Sent I-129F Express Mail, Signature Required!

07-27-2010, 10:57 am - Delivered, LAGUNA NIGUEL, signed by M GUERRERO.

07-30-2010, --:-- -- - NOA1

08-05-2010, 11:33 am - Recieved (NOA1) I-797C, Notice of Action: received and is in process.

12-20-2010, --:-- -- - NOA2 - APPROVED!

12-24-2010, 12:30 pm -- - Recieved (NOA2) - Valid from 12/20/2010 to 04/19/2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Can someone help me figure out the rules of divorcing in nyc after just 1 week into marriage on the k1 visa. his visa i-194 expired and i didn't file the AOS just yet. we both agree to do this quick, clean and fast. we own nothing, we just made a big mistake. HELP ME PLEASE!

Is there a rule if it's only been 1 week, it could be easier? or is all treated equal?

Check the Law's in state you are filing and yes, as he is gone or leaving it will take about a year to get it done, do not do mistake of contacting him once it has been filed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.