I AM NOT THAT GUY

Kagan Becomes the High Court's Fourth Female Justice

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Personally, I'd prefer it if someone called me a b!tch or a harlot to my (virtual) face than be needled ineffectively with what are failed attempts at witty parlay.

But that's just me.star_smile.gif

Forget all that subtleness. Talk dirty to me! :lol:

Forget all that subtleness. Talk dirty to me! :lol:

Ummmm, mud pies? Hardscrabble plots of land? The Gobi desert? The basement of Delta Kappa Epsilon at 4am on January 27, 1994?unsure.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone have any real objections to this appointment, other than that Obama appointed her?

That's rich considering how Sen. Obama voted against CJ Roberts.

Justice appointments are pretty political nowadays and pretending otherwise isn't realistic. She's not the biggest brain out there but the left has a history of picking more politically reliable justices and that's what happened again.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Justice appointments are pretty political nowadays and pretending otherwise isn't realistic. She's not the biggest brain out there but the left has a history of picking more politically reliable justices and that's what happened again.

That is absoluely retarded corky. Serioulsy, when is the last supreme court justice appointment that was actually controversial? The appointments over the last 30 years have all been center left or center right. The least retard appointed was Robert Bork, so you can stop the crocodile tears.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Seriously, you three are delusional. It is still a 5-4 conservative majority on the SCOTUS, and even the most liberal of the judges are barely center left. You make it out to be like there is suddenly going to be a mass exodus of women running out and snatching up your guns while having recreational abortions. Get a grip of reality, please.

kagan wrote the klinton 94 AWB. everybody knows this. she is not a moderate. she also clearly waffles on coburn's question, indicating that she does not have a problem with the continued abuse of the commerce clause to violate State and Individual rights. she is a Big Government schill, tried and true.

that being said, she is replacing someone with a similar track record, and there is no sign of another replacement being made in this decade.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Timeline

That is absoluely retarded corky. Serioulsy, when is the last supreme court justice appointment that was actually controversial? The appointments over the last 30 years have all been center left or center right. The least retard appointed was Robert Bork, so you can stop the crocodile tears.

Another TOS violation and another opinion backed with a vast void of knowledge. Do you ever get suspended?

You really don't know that many picks have gone down party lines in Senate votes and believe there isn't controversy involved? Ever heard of Justice Thomas or Harriet Miers- obviously not.

Bork was a retard? Only a partisan fool like yourself could dream up that one. Nobody said he wasn't qualified for the job.

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Another TOS violation and another opinion backed with a vast void of knowledge. Do you ever get suspended?

You really don't know that many picks have gone down party lines in Senate votes and believe there isn't controversy involved? Ever heard of Justice Thomas or Harriet Miers- obviously not.

Bork was a retard? Only a partisan fool like yourself could dream up that one. Nobody said he wasn't qualified for the job.

Bingo.

Though Miers was not liked by many on both sides. Which is probably why she should have been confirmed.

Someone with a helluva lot more experience than Kagan and Democrats harassed her on "experience" - now they put in a nit wit who has an education and no law experience... joyful.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Now the "Supremes" have a quorum.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Why is it "rich"? Noone should have substantial reasons to oppose or endorse political appointments?

I'll have what you're drinking.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

Why is it "rich"? Noone should have substantial reasons to oppose or endorse political appointments?

Not required and most senators tend to vote on the basis of lobbying efforts and the belief that a candidate will vote the "wrong" way on their pet issues and lean the court further in the "wrong" direction.

Roberts wasn't unqualified and Obama and many Democrats took issue him on political not judicial grounds. The Court isn't as political as widely advertised and there are plenty of unanimous decisions.

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Great. now were going to have cat fights over who is more mistreated Lesbians or Hispanics.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not required and most senators tend to vote on the basis of lobbying efforts and the belief that a candidate will vote the "wrong" way on their pet issues and lean the court further in the "wrong" direction.

Roberts wasn't unqualified and Obama and many Democrats took issue him on political not judicial grounds. The Court isn't as political as widely advertised and there are plenty of unanimous decisions.

The question was whether should people here should have substantial reasons to oppose or endorse political appointments.

There's no "requirement" for that either, but if someone says they oppose Kagan merely because Obama appointed her or because she's a "stupid head" or a "softball playing carpet muncher" opinions like that arent very compelling. Are they.