^_^

Alan Keyes: US citizenship is an unalienable birth right, not a grant by government that government can take away

43 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually they amended their Constitution to close loopholes, such as people flying there and popping out kids. What's "moronic" is justifying a law on the basis of it's unique.

Like saying I slammed the car door on my hand while you didn't, so suck it loser.

The problem is, it's not a loophole... It's judicial activism that says it's ok for people to do that...

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

The problem is, it's not a loophole... It's judicial activism that says it's ok for people to do that...

Why do you guys even have a government? They are clearly powerless against the mighty judicial system. You guys seriously replaced Kings and Queens with judges. In othewr words, six of one, half a dozen of another. In layman terms, same ###### different smell.

Then again you are not exactly a fan of government or democracy.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

Why do you guys even have a government? They are clearly powerless against the mighty judicial system. You guys seriously replaced Kings and Queens with judges. In othewr words, six of one, half a dozen of another. In layman terms, same ###### different smell.

Then again you are not exactly a fan of government or democracy.

I'm a fan of proper government that plays its roll. Unfortunately, it seems to have lost its roll.

The SCOTUS has become a branch that creates law, rather than defends or strikes down law... Quite sad really.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

I'm a fan of proper government that plays its roll. Unfortunately, it seems to have lost its roll.

The SCOTUS has become a branch that creates law, rather than defends or strikes down law... Quite sad really.

I know what you mean. I think where we butt heads on government is that libertarians and repubs refuse to acknowledge or accept when and where the government does well and is good for a country.

Immigration and citizenship is purely a governmental issue and should be decided by the government, not a court. As a republic, the government has been elected to represent the majority. For obvious reasons, it cannot represent all points of view. The government is also there to do what is in the best interest of the country, which at times might conflict with the people's opinions.

What it comes down to is this, there is no rational argument in allowing people that are not citizens to pop over, even for a day and the first time being here, and have a child who is then automatically granted citizenship. And eligible to run for president. There is no logic to it whatsoever, hence why every other country with a brain has closed this loophole. Yes, this is regardless of what their Constitution said or how it was written, the loophole has now been closed.

I just don't understand why in this country, everything has to be argued on technicalities rather than practicality. Where people will spend years arguing what it says rather than putting to vote whether something should represent x or y; whether it should be open or closed. While you guys play these silly games, which some actually believe is good for the country, the rest of the world [slowly but surely] is overtaking the citizens of America.

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Lou Dobbs decrying a repeal of the 14th amendment really surprised me. He's as anti-illegal immigrant as you can get.

Fixed that for ya. For your information, Lou's wife is Mexican-American and his in-laws are immigrants.

Timeline

I know what you mean. I think where we butt heads on government is that libertarians and repubs refuse to acknowledge or accept when and where the government does well and is good for a country.

Immigration and citizenship is purely a governmental issue and should be decided by the government, not a court. As a republic, the government has been elected to represent the majority. For obvious reasons, it cannot represent all points of view. The government is also there to do what is in the best interest of the country, which at times might conflict with the people's opinions.

What it comes down to is this, there is no rational argument in allowing people that are not citizens to pop over, even for a day and the first time being here, and have a child who is then automatically granted citizenship. And eligible to run for president. There is no logic to it whatsoever, hence why every other country with a brain has closed this loophole. Yes, this is regardless of what their Constitution said or how it was written, the loophole has now been closed.

I just don't understand why in this country, everything has to be argued on technicalities rather than practicality. Where people will spend years arguing what it says rather than putting to vote whether something should represent x or y; whether it should be open or closed. While you guys play these silly games, which some actually believe is good for the country, the rest of the world [slowly but surely] is overtaking the citizens of America.

On immigration it's a matter of votes.

Democrats want them as voters and donors, and Republicans are scared of upsetting the hispanic population too much.

If there was no benefit in votes/monies, Democrats would have been shipping out illegals years ago. Hell, they would have put some pork for some illegal immigrant superhighway that rushed them out of the country..

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Decisions should come down to votes. After all, that is what a republic is all about. Elected leaders should vote on issues of ambiguity.

Democrats want them as voters and donors, and Republicans are scared of upsetting the hispanic population too much.

If there was no benefit in votes/monies, Democrats would have been shipping out illegals years ago. Hell, they would have put some pork for some illegal immigrant superhighway that rushed them out of the country..

I think it goes a step further. Certain individuals on here [no names S.....] and in the US clearly believe the country reaching China's population is a good thing. That at the time when 35 million people lived here and it became a country of immigrants, the same still holds true in 2010; even with 310 million people and 60,000,000 of those living in poverty. Immigration will help those 60 million people, because the immigrants pay taxes. True Story. Furthermore, anyone speaking up against this is an anti-immigrant racist.

Apparently the entire first world is racist for amending their Constitution too, especially for monitoring their immigration quotas. Freagin Racists...

Edited by Heracles

Timeline

anyone who says to repeal the 14th amendment is a moron. However, anyone who thinks it grants automatic citizenship just because you are born on US soil is an idiot as well. They completely misunderstand the 14th amendment and its intention and understand nothing about its wording that goes with said citizenship as well.

That's what amazes me and has me yelling at the tv lol. The 14th Amendment was never meant to grant birthright citizenship to anyone's babies just because they were born in the US. It was directed at southern states who might refuse to recognize freed Black slaves as U.S. citizens after the Civil War. In the days when the amendment became part of the Constitution, states conferred citizenship, not the federal government, per Article 4. It was an evolving process, involving several court cases, and a clarification by the 14th Amendment that moved the determination of citizenship from the states to the feds.

So, it is an interpretation in court that broadened the scope of the amendment to allow birthright citizenship. A revision of the misinterpretation could undo it.

Edited by Sofiyya

:thumbs:

Exactly right! The left has made great strides with the black community and look where their at. When will ppl smartin up and realize that the left only offers empty promises, poverty and a few crumbs to keep them coming back. Pride and a job well done is something the gov. can never give. However the gov. can create an enviroment for this to take place.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

:thumbs:

Exactly right! The left has made great strides with the black community and look where their at. When will ppl smartin up and realize that the left only offers empty promises, poverty and a few crumbs to keep them coming back. Pride and a job well done is something the gov. can never give. However the gov. can create an enviroment for this to take place.

People are smartening up. That's why Barry's poll numbers are tanking. Yesterday, a 20-something Black woman in a legal group I attend whispered to me that she will not vote for him again because of what he did to demean Arizona, encourage the boycotts and his open borders demeanor. I had her repeat it twice because I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This woman used to tell me that no matter what, she would never turn against the first Black president. Now, she regrets voting for him. I'll bet there's a lot of that going around.

Edited by Sofiyya

Filed: Timeline

What law specifically has the SCOTUS created?

And yes, that gubmit sure is on a roll...

Filed: Timeline

That's why Barry's poll numbers are tanking.

He's still doing better than the Gipper did at the same point in his first term (Obama 45, Reagan 41). Slick Willy didn't look much better in August of his second year logging the same 41% approval rating that the Gipper scored. Both came out alright and as the economy comes back, so will Obama.

ronald-reagan-approval.gif