^_^

Alan Keyes: US citizenship is an unalienable birth right, not a grant by government that government can take away

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

He's the first pro-Libertarian that I've heard take a stand on the 14th Amendment that is consistent with Libertarian ideology.

Awww, I was hoping it would be one of Alan Keyes' batsh!t crazy moments.

:lol:

Timeline

Well, the whole part about "Goverment granting citizenship" and subsequently having the power to take it away, will scare the Libertarians off.

Yeah, that was a pretty compelling argument by Keyes, even if he is a bit crazy.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Lou Dobbs decrying a repeal of the 14th amendment really surprised me. He's as anti-immigrant as you can get.

anyone who says to repeal the 14th amendment is a moron. However, anyone who thinks it grants automatic citizenship just because you are born on US soil is an idiot as well. They completely misunderstand the 14th amendment and its intention and understand nothing about its wording that goes with said citizenship as well.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

anyone who says to repeal the 14th amendment is a moron. However, anyone who thinks it grants automatic citizenship just because you are born on US soil is an idiot as well. They completely misunderstand the 14th amendment and its intention and understand nothing about its wording that goes with said citizenship as well.

That is by far the most intellectually compelling argument ever made regarding the 14th Amendment. Paul is like God but with a small 'g'.

anyone who says to repeal the 14th amendment is a moron.

Why?

Are you also suggesting the rest of the first world is stupid too? if so, I'd reevaluate marrying someone from this stupid azz world then.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why?

Are you also suggesting the rest of the first world is stupid too? if so, I'd reevaluate marrying someone from this stupid azz world then.

because the 14th amendment is proper enough. It gives everyone equal protection under the law. Which is the way it should be. It sets us a world apart from many nations when you offer constitutional protections to all those within our borders.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

because the 14th amendment is proper enough. It gives everyone equal protection under the law. Which is the way it should be. It sets us a world apart from many nations when you offer constitutional protections to all those within our borders.

Actually many recently amended their Constitution to close loopholes, such as people flying there and popping out kids. What's "moronic" is justifying a law on the basis of it's unique.

Like saying I slammed the car door on my hand while you didn't, so suck it loser.

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.