Betti

If you want to learn how Americans think...

47 posts in this topic

Don't worry about it, I guess some people don't have a sense of humor. I guess a comment like "hey we should, you know, have better sidewalks" is equal to calling someone's grandmother fat on this board or something.

So the US as draconian alcohol laws, sidewalks that just end...Germany has draconian laws about symbols and violent video games. The UK has draconian laws too.

The thing is, you have to keep an open mind on these things, otherwise your just a brainwashed individual following the party line.

When people comment on things that are wrong with the US, how about instead of a knee jerk "Don't bash America" response. We actually recognize the problems and try to improve them. I know I know I'm speaking crazy talk.

Please realize that your brain has blind spots

lame personal attack simpson

heres what I posted -

Please realize that your brain has blind spots

you have your biases and you act as though you dont plain and simple, please dont try and make more out of it. I'm only stating facts. :yes:

Edited by _Simpson_

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

heres what I posted -

you have your biases and you act as though you dont, plain and simple please dont try and make more out of it. I'm only stating facts. :yes:

When you take an opinion as fact I need not argue.

Wowza, I didn't know that this is such a sensible topic. Thought I'd share a good laugh, sorry if you are offended by the blog. No need to get your panties in a knot though, just don't read it.

Shoot for the moon - even if you miss, you'll land among the stars...

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012
Received BBG from Germany in 02/2013

Passed N-400 interview and civics test 06/07/2013

Oath ceremony some time in July

Wowza, I didn't know that this is such a sensible topic. Thought I'd share a good laugh, sorry if you are offended by the blog. No need to get your panties in a knot though, just don't read it.

That advice doesn't resonate well with some of VJ's more sensitive personalities ;)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

Hey, I think it's hillarious. Wonder if something similar has been written about Germans. I can think of a number of wacky things to talk about there. But then, Germans ain't raised to be pansies.

Hey, I think it's hillarious. Wonder if something similar has been written about Germans. I can think of a number of wacky things to talk about there. But then, Germans ain't raised to be pansies.

Check out nothingforungood :)

Shoot for the moon - even if you miss, you'll land among the stars...

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012
Received BBG from Germany in 02/2013

Passed N-400 interview and civics test 06/07/2013

Oath ceremony some time in July

This is a crackup and something I see, laugh and shake my head daily at.

where_the_sidewalk_stops.jpg

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.