LeslienScott

Next batch of K1's waiting for interview in MTL

179 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are very excited about Hawaii! We are planning on being there for a week. Thurs. to Thurs. with the wedding on the beach at sunset on the Sat. Neither of us have big families. So, it will be small no matter what.

My dress is strapless, with that scrunched fabric look on the top & I will get it altered to make it a high low cut, since it's on the beach. I don't want anything long.

What does your dress look like? What colour is your girls wearing? What are your honeymoon plans?

I loooove the idea of getting the hem altered to make it perfect for your beach wedding!

Mine is long, with a chapel train. Here it is! It's not super ball-gown-ish, considering we're going fairly small, but I love it!

My sisters are going to be wearing this one!

As for honeymoon plans, we're going to wait until January or February of next year, if everything goes well. At that point, we're planning on heading to Disney in Florida for a week. He's never been there, and I haven't been since I was like 10. I think it'll be an awesome time!

Here's to another day, hoping and waiting for news from DOS/MTL!

AOS/EAD/AP

Filing Location: Chicago Lockbox

Local USCIS Office: Philadelphia, PA

AOS/EAD/AP Package Sent: 2010-12-06

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 2010-12-14

RFE(s):

AOS Case Transferred to CSC: 2010-01-14

Biometrics Letter Received: UNDELIVERABLE--hopefully will be resent soon

Biometrics Appointment:

www.justputitinwriting.blogspot.com

Timeline

Hey Jess, My girls are 95% most probably going to be wearing the same dress in teh same color!!! Just waiting to hear feedback from one of them. How are you going about ordering yours, from what I can see there's no AA store in Canada...I was going to just ship to FI's house but I'm afraid by the time they get there I may have my visa and may not be able to cross to get them and bring them back to my girls since its a gamble if CBP will let you go in for a "visit" and not activate your K-1.....

any ideas?

Timeline

Hey Jess, My girls are 95% most probably going to be wearing the same dress in teh same color!!! Just waiting to hear feedback from one of them. How are you going about ordering yours, from what I can see there's no AA store in Canada...I was going to just ship to FI's house but I'm afraid by the time they get there I may have my visa and may not be able to cross to get them and bring them back to my girls since its a gamble if CBP will let you go in for a "visit" and not activate your K-1.....

any ideas?

I live in the Philadelphia PA area, so it was just a matter of about an hour's drive to Whitehall, PA to their store. Actually, it looks like there are some stores that carry Alfred Angelo in Canada! It's a different homepage than the US version: http://www.alfredangeloca.com I'm not sure how it works because they aren't specifically AA stores... but maybe try calling one and seeing if you can special order through them? All else fails, you could have them shipped to FI, and then have him ship them to you--but that gets super pricey. Hope that helps!

AOS/EAD/AP

RFE(s):

Biometrics Appointment:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I loooove the idea of getting the hem altered to make it perfect for your beach wedding!

Mine is long, with a chapel train. Here it is! It's not super ball-gown-ish, considering we're going fairly small, but I love it!

I love your dress! I like how soft and flowy it looks. I'm going to David's Bridal with my bridesmaids on Saturday. I hope I find something.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Timeline

Hey Tater, don't get your hopes up about DB.....the prices are good yes but atleast the two DB's I have experience with (one in MI and one in Buffalo) the custoemr service is LACKING the BM dresses are of very poor quality (don't know about the wedding dresses I did see some nice ones on the website but I had already bought mine so the wedding dresses may be a different story).

I have some taller girls in my party and the lady said that only 4 BM dresses in the ENTIRE store had the option to purchase extra length. Ok ok I understand...but hten when I tried to find out which 4 we should be looking at she kept just telling me well I know "this" one does (even though I had mentionned to her like 4 times I dont like "that" one for multiple reasons and never did tell us which were the other 3 options....she also kept telling me that my wedding color was outdated and that they didnt' carry it and I wouldn't find it online Or in their new booklet.....I opened the booklet pointed to "plum" and was like um....its right here. She continued to tell me that my color was outdated and I should think about another color... What sales person in their right mind tells the bride to CHANGE her color scheme!!!!!!!!!!! Oh adn last time I checked purple is a very current popular color!

I was going to go teh DB route becasue it seemed cheaper adn more convenient with stores all over US but not anymore.....I swear i'm not a violent person but I wanted to deck her!

As for the MI experience...it was my BM , she wasn't too impressed adn I didnt ask her to elaborate as i wanted to see for myself...well yeah that was a waste of my time!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Haha well I hope I have a more pleasant experience! I am a pretty frank and forward person so I am not worried about them trying to tell me what I want. I spoke with a lady on the phone and she was very nice and helpful... as for my bridesmaids they are not tall and we are leaning towards a knee length dress for them anyways. I am the tallest of the girls and I don't plan on wearring big heels. I wouldn't wear any at all but my fiance is 6'3" and so a small heel makes it easier to kiss him haha. We may get their dress elsewhere but just want to check it out. I might just buy my dress online but at this point I have no idea what I want so the goal is to try stuff on and find out what I want.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Timeline

Oh I was being pretty frank, but seriously how many times did she want me to repeat myself lol!

As for the experience its pretty fun becasue we get to sit back and watch as they try a bazillion dresses on!!! And let me tell you there are some funny looking dresses out there!

Timeline

I love your dress! I like how soft and flowy it looks. I'm going to David's Bridal with my bridesmaids on Saturday. I hope I find something.

I think customer service at DB can be hit or miss. I honestly went there thinking of it as a starting point, intending to go elsewhere. But I lucked out with a fantastically helpful saleswoman--she was ultra honest and extremely supportive. I ended up falling in love with the 2nd dress I tried on--and one that she picked out for me!

But either way it's fantastically comfortable and I think it looks awesome. Andrew hasn't seen it, so it'll be a surprise for all :)

AOS/EAD/AP

RFE(s):

Biometrics Appointment:

Timeline

And let me tell you there are some funny looking dresses out there!

Agreed here! There was one dress my sisters tried on that was absolutely ridiculous on them. First off, they're both carrot-top redheads, and the sample color was hideous on them. Secondly, it was the most unflattering fit ever! They came out of the dressing rooms with identical looks of horror on their faces.

AOS/EAD/AP

RFE(s):

Biometrics Appointment:

Jess, your dress is beautiful! & the girls dress is very very nice!

I bought my dress at Bridal Belle in Rochester NY. I walked in there & had the best service I have experienced ever. They were fab-u-lous! Just out of curiousity, I tried a few stores here in Ontario, & was I ever disappointed! They did not help me in any way. So I went back to Bridal Belle & got my dress. I haven't seen it online, but I will try to find a pic. Has anyone heard of barefoot sandles? I am thinking of wearing those, but just can't find the ones that I really love. http://sandals-flipflops.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/bridalpearlswhite.gif

OUR TIMELINE AND K1 JOURNEY

Sept 4, 2009...We meet in Toronto, Canada at a Kid Rock concert
Feb 19, 2010...NOA1 recieved in mail
May 19, 2010...NOA2 (92 days)
Sept 24, 2010...Interview! APPROVED! smile.png
Oct 29, 2010...POE--Buffalo, NY
Nov 10, 2010...Courthouse wedding in NY state
Dec 11, 2010...Beach wedding in Hawaii

Dec 09, 2010...NOA for AOS, EAD, AP
Feb 11, 2011...AOS & EAD approved smile.png
Feb 12, 2011...AP approved smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received GREEN CARD smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received AP
Feb 22, 2011...Received EAD

Nov 09, 2012...Sent in I-751, Removal of Conditions
Nov 14, 2011...NOA1
Dec 18, 2012...Biometrics

May 03, 2013...10 year GREEN CARD approved! yes.gif

Timeline

Jess, your dress is beautiful! & the girls dress is very very nice!

I bought my dress at Bridal Belle in Rochester NY. I walked in there & had the best service I have experienced ever. They were fab-u-lous! Just out of curiousity, I tried a few stores here in Ontario, & was I ever disappointed! They did not help me in any way. So I went back to Bridal Belle & got my dress. I haven't seen it online, but I will try to find a pic. Has anyone heard of barefoot sandles? I am thinking of wearing those, but just can't find the ones that I really love. http://sandals-flipflops.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/bridalpearlswhite.gif

Wowwwww that's really really cool for a beach wedding! Love the idea of the barefoot sandals!!! Heck, if I could get away with it at mine I would! Andrew is only a teeny bit taller than I am, so I have to be very careful getting shoes!

AOS/EAD/AP

RFE(s):

Biometrics Appointment:

I'll be hopeful and put us in the "next batch" with you, although our Packet 3 still hasn't been logged in yet.

A-HA! Called DoS again today, and found out our Packet 3 was logged in 2 July.

Has anyone heard of barefoot sandles? I am thinking of wearing those, but just can't find the ones that I really love. http://sandals-flipflops.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/bridalpearlswhite.gif

Prettiness!

Edited by Kukolka

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Timeline

A-HA! Called DoS again today, and found out our Packet 3 was logged in 2 July.

On this topic, how many of you guys are at the point of calling the DoS daily?

AOS/EAD/AP

RFE(s):

Biometrics Appointment:

On this topic, how many of you guys are at the point of calling the DoS daily?

Every third business day... didn't want to annoy them too much. :D

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.