웃

Religious Beliefs - Fact or Fiction

142 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Religion has nothing to do with science, so why would they have to give in anything?

Why did they burn people alive for saying the earth went round the sun ?

Isn't that religion and science at odds ?

Most of the scientists in the 19th, 18th, 17th centuries were terrified of what the Christians would do to them.

moresheep400100.jpg

Why did they burn people alive for saying the earth went round the sun ?

Isn't that religion and science at odds ?

Most of the scientists in the 19th, 18th, 17th centuries were terrified of what the Christians would do to them.

Be it magic or religion, I'd say 99.9% of humans believed in something back then. So using it is a bad example.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

you're right, they don't.

religious people have faith & thats all they need. non religious & anti-religion people can throw scientific facts & their own theories out all day. it doesn't change the one fact that matters. you can't successfully question or challenge another's faith. its what they believe & thats the end of it period.

now if they find 'the missing link' on 'noah's ark' shipwrecked infront of the entrance to 'jannah' or 'nirvana' everybodies gonna look like a dumbass.

What will happen is that they will flat-out deny it. Unless some see a God and have God prove his power, the will refuse to accept anything. It's no different to politics really but beliefs are way more entrenched in people. The more one pushes, the deeper the others get entrenched.

What gets me about atheist is their zeal to kill religious beliefs, waste of time really. I don't believe in Islam or Hindu Gods, but I sure don't waste my time going round battling everyone who does.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

Be it magic or religion, I'd say 99.9% of humans believed in something back then. So using it is a bad example.

eh I don't understand your reply

Really

are you saying that because people nearly all believed that the sun went round the earth, that it was alright for the church to burn scientists at the stake ?

Wouldn't it be better to say that church people in those days were horrible cruel bigots but they are different nowadays.

Why justify them when you could easily disown them

Why is it a bad example of science v religion - I would have thought it was THE perfect example

moresheep400100.jpg

eh I don't understand your reply

Really

are you saying that because people nearly all believed that the sun went round the earth, that it was alright for the church to burn scientists at the stake ?

Wouldn't it be better to say that church people in those days were horrible cruel bigots but they are different nowadays.

Why justify them when you could easily disown them

Why is it a bad example of science v religion - I would have thought it was THE perfect example

I wasn't around then, so I don't know the mindset or level of intelligence of people back then.

You sound like someone who would support white Americans in 2010 paying for the past actions of the 3% who owned slaves.

If we are going to focus on the past, imperialist Brits have a hell of a lot of explaining and apologizing to do. While you are at it, India and various others countries would also like their gold and historic artefacts back; which you still have.

Edited by Heracles

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

AIDS ---- First case in the 1940s

Mad Cow --- 20th century

Bird Flu, H1N1....

These diseases just popped up. Was it some type of scientific mutation or did a Godly Alien create them?

Earth --- I can just about guarantee that the morons (scientifically speaking) living back in Jesus's era thought the world was 1000 years old. Maybe 5,000 years old tops. Little did the morons know it is over 4.5 billion years old (give or take a couple HUNDRED MILLION YEARS!).

How can anyone take this book written 2000 years ago seriously? They wiped their rear ends with leaves, drank from rivers, hunted their food with spears, and wore bathrobes in 100 degree weather. When it rained they thought God was talking to them. If there was a drought they thought God was punishing them. You could have told those gullible morons anything and wallah, a new religion would be around today. You could have said a guy name Poo Poo Magoo took 30 sh!ts a day and walked on sh!t. He turned sh!t into wine and pee pee into water. There would be at least 10 million idiots around today worshiping their own sh!t and praising Poo Poo Magoo.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Mad Cow --- 20th century

Bird Flu, H1N1....

These diseases just popped up. Was it some type of scientific mutation or did a Godly Alien create them?

I don't really see your point here. The construction of a virus makes it remarkably easy to mutate. Scientist have long been mutating viruses. How does that possibly add to your argument? You want to convince me tell me how the kangaroo rat developed an extraordinary long loop of Henle thereby saving the animal from having to drink any water at all. I mean I can understand that nature will evolve increasing the number of favorable genes present in that environment. But what was the mechanism for the rat to generate a highly proficient loop of Henle in the first place? For that matter it boggles the mind that simple amino acids could pair in such a way to lead to a human being.

How can anyone take this book written 2000 years ago seriously? They wiped their rear ends with leaves, drank from rivers, hunted their food with spears, and wore bathrobes in 100 degree weather. When it rained they thought God was talking to them. If there was a drought they thought God was punishing them. You could have told those gullible morons anything and wallah, a new religion would be around today. You could have said a guy name Poo Poo Magoo took 30 sh!ts a day and walked on sh!t. He turned sh!t into wine and pee pee into water. There would be at least 10 million idiots around today worshiping their own sh!t and praising Poo Poo Magoo.

This whole quote just shows how little we should take you seriously. Would you have knowledge to have designed the pyramids? Could you have designed the concept of mathematics? Could you have calculated how long it takes the earth to travel an orbit around the sun?

Wearing bathrobes in the desert. Really, who is the moron, you or the gullible morons of the past?

Robes protect the skin from the sun and lose clothes prevent heat from being trapped close to the body. Plus once the outside heat is higher than body temperature the clothing acts as a shield.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Mad Cow --- 20th century

Bird Flu, H1N1....

Earth --- I can just about guarantee that the morons (scientifically speaking) living back in Jesus's era thought the world was 1000 years old. Maybe 5,000 years old tops. Little did the morons know it is over 4.5 billion years old (give or take a couple HUNDRED MILLION YEARS!).

I hope your choice of stock isn't as lame as this post.

I don't think anyone is saying the Church has been right in their dealings. Like any organization run by man it cane be corrupted. That doesn't mean there is no God.

Many scientists in history have been religious. The two do not have be at odds. Newton interpreted the bible literally but Lord Infamous is smarter than he.

I think Einstein (another retard compared to Lord Infamous) sums it up best, "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Removal of Conditions

The world is perfect? :blink:

simple amino acids made you. One protein in the wrong sequence and poof you would have never been with us.

Removal of Conditions

Christian people especially frighten me because of their frenzy and energy and hate which knows no bounds.

I have never been scared of a non-believer

1013press_cartman_and_otters.jpg

Science damn you.

A rather humorous episode on South Park poking fun at atheists.

People are generally evil. Lets be fair about it. In the past it was the church that carried on many heinous acts. In the last century there were many atheists dictators who eventually replaced the God they didn't believe in with their own flavor of communism or fascism.

Any zealot scares me. Doesn't matter what side they are coming from.

Edited by Atencio

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

I wasn't around then, so I don't know the mindset or level of intelligence of people back then.

You sound like someone who would support white Americans in 2010 paying for the past actions of the 3% who owned slaves.

If we are going to focus on the past, imperialist Brits have a hell of a lot of explaining and apologizing to do. While you are at it, India and various others countries would also like their gold and historic artefacts back; which you still have.

Heck - so you can't engage one subject so you spread it to many others

How come you lash out at my nationality in a thread about religion ?

Sounds like panic to me

If you want to know my views on compensation, why don't you ask rather than dreaming something up and attributing it to me ?

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Science damn you.

A rather humorous episode on South Park poking fun at atheists.

People are generally evil. Lets be fair about it. In the past it was the church that carried on many heinous acts. In the last century there were many atheists dictators who eventually replaced the God they didn't believe in with their own flavor of communism or fascism.

Any zealot scares me. Doesn't matter what side they are coming from.

Hitler was a Catholic vegetarian

moresheep400100.jpg

Heck - so you can't engage one subject so you spread it to many others

How come you lash out at my nationality in a thread about religion ?

Sounds like panic to me

If you want to know my views on compensation, why don't you ask rather than dreaming something up and attributing it to me ?

No, I am trying to determine your rationale regarding the past.

Hitler was a Catholic vegetarian

Hilter was also male.