one...two...tree

If He Could, Bin Laden Would Bomb the Cordoba Initiative

128 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

That's just abusive and against TOS - read em - personal abuse is the last resort of those with no argument to put forward.

She has an opinion on Muslims and other countries and stated it

Go back and read ?

saywhat-It's also abusive and insulting to tell me that I have no thought process, am brainwashed, and a sheep. Oh and you have used other rude terms in past threads as well. Or do those not count as personal towards me? Your argument is often just ranting about Christians. Going back to another post you wrote in this thread, I am not even Catholic, and DO find people and Christian leaders fallible, very very fallible. I know I'm fallible. I don't blindly believe what Christians say or do. I read the bible to know what to believe(I'm sure you'd like write a rant about the bible's contradictions). I don't even currently attend a weekly service or tithe money or care about how much money someone gives to a Church. So far, many of the things I have seen you say about Christians don't even apply to me, yet you think they apply to all Christians. I am not going to defend the Christian world because there are problems. But I defend my own beliefs.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

And you eat puppies. Hey, two can play this "let's make ####### up" game :)

Oh, oh, I have another one. Soccer hooliganism and binge drinking are YOUR fault. You're responsible. Oh and that whole colonialism thing - your fault too. Heck, you were probably around back then :rofl:

Haven't you got something better to do ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Haven't you got something better to do ?

I am posting to you, so clearly not.

saywhat-It's also abusive and insulting to tell me that I have no thought process, am brainwashed, and a sheep. Oh and you have used other rude terms in past threads as well. Or do those not count as personal towards me? Your argument is often just ranting about Christians. Going back to another post you wrote in this thread, I am not even Catholic, and DO find people and Christian leaders fallible, very very fallible. I know I'm fallible. I don't blindly believe what Christians say or do. I read the bible to know what to believe(I'm sure you'd like write a rant about the bible's contradictions). I don't even currently attend a weekly service or tithe money or care about how much money someone gives to a Church. So far, many of the things I have seen you say about Christians don't even apply to me, yet you think they apply to all Christians. I am not going to defend the Christian world because there are problems. But I defend my own beliefs.

He likes to hang out in the kitchen, but he can't take the heat.

Timeline

Just because I am not Christian and I point out why, cannot possibly be construed as personal abuse to all Christians or to you specifically

I know you are trying to win this discussion but resorting to that is a bit desperate

Why insist that contra- arguments are rants ? That's another mis-characterization showing that you have moved to the personal and way from arguments on the subject

Isn't that un-christian ? or is winning everything ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't understand why it's one's responsibility to condemn or support the actions of his coreligionists, especially if those actions are only associated with said religion by ignorant "non-believers".

Timeline

I don't understand why it's one's responsibility to condemn or support the actions of his coreligionists, especially if those actions are only associated with said religion by ignorant "non-believers".

You live in a country (the USA) which is mostly populated by people you call 'ignorant non believers' ie non- Muslims

So you need to get used to that and be tolerant when answering their concerns

I think a Christian who sees another Christian sect engaging in polygamy or 12 years old getting married etc has a responsibility to speak out and say it's wrong in their opinion

and the same principles for Muslims

If they don't speak out, people suspect a tacit agreement or at least toleration of these cruel practices

Do you agree ?

moresheep400100.jpg

I understand it up to a point, but only in so far as it is important for there to be unilateral support for such things as, for example, giving women and children equal human rights - not so much perhaps by individuals but from representatives of that religious group. Of course as I understand it, the Muslim religion is not hierarchical in the same way that say, the Catholic church is, so it is quite difficult to get a reasonable consensus on what is and isn't acceptable practice. That is both good and bad, as can be seen by the inability of moderate muslims to counteract the very real belief by some non muslims that muslims are dangerous in and of themselves to the accepted Western democratic way of life.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

You live in a country (the USA) which is mostly populated by people you call 'ignorant non believers' ie non- Muslims

So you need to get used to that and be tolerant when answering their concerns

I think a Christian who sees another Christian sect engaging in polygamy or 12 years old getting married etc has a responsibility to speak out and say it's wrong in their opinion

and the same principles for Muslims

If they don't speak out, people suspect a tacit agreement or at least toleration of these cruel practices

Do you agree ?

As an ignorant non-believer myself, no I don't agree. Which is why I said I don't understand.

That said, I constantly hear Muslims condemning and rejecting practices that they do not consider Islamic. So where are you getting your information from?

You think Jenn calls them that? :rofl:

Jihadi Jenn! :jest:

I know, right?

Timeline

Off to the range to have fun..

Seems we are at an impasse but I have learned a lot

The Brits and the British Government have always been said to be pro-Arab since the end of the colonial period. Isreal complains about it.

It's obvious that the Arab opinion on here is that any cruelties that exist in Muslim countries , or countries which the world regards as Muslim, are not the concern of other Muslims

I am disappointed to learn that and it will colour my view of Islam which has previously been sympathetic.

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

I am disappointed to learn that and it will colour my view of Islam which has previously been sympathetic.

Oh no! Muslims unite! You must collectively work to bring him back to be a sympathizer!