The_Dude

Mongolian neo-Nazis: Anti-Chinese sentiment fuels rise of ultra-nationalism

67 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

One rather assumes that one cares, or that the opinions of one or the other are of any interest to anyone.

True. You might want to ask Rob how he feels, since it's his topic.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The comment was racist. The guy is racist for expressing similar views over a period of time. So both

I'm sure there are ways of discussing the history without resorting to derogatory, broad brush labels. Likening an entire ethnic group to parasitic insects is only informative of The Shooter's general dislike of that ethnicity.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

as for the little confused fellow running around screaming 'racism':, well he never been to china, so should shut his mouth when being given information that would be useful in shaping his world view. nothing i have posted is 'racism'. it is just information.

Shooter, do you really have that little grasp on the concept of racism? You don't have to have been to China to be able to spot racism, nor do you need to understand the cultural nuances of a population to know that making desparaging remarks about an entire population is racist, period.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

parasitic insects are a good thing in small numbers. they serve a useful purpose in nature. in swarms they are a plague.

Keep going shooter, this is amusing watching you try to justify your racism.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Mongols don't scare me either - they are usually very friendly and they put their head on your shoulder and smile

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mr Shooter - You compared an entire ethnicity of over 1 billion people to a species of parasitic insect.

If you're providing "information" there is no need to use inflammatory, sensationalist or emotionally loaded language. The cultural and ethnic tensions in China are an entirely legitimate avenue of discussion. In contrast, writing off an entire ethnic group with insulting one-liners is not.

Still, I will admit that you have indeed fleshed out your opinion rather better in post #66, rather than resorting to your usual formula of half-azzed psychobabble and arcane philosophy.

Edited by Its a MADHOUSE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Posts violating TOS (racist comments - and yes, the comments discussed were racist) have been removed along with a number of posts quoting them. I will be returning acceptable parts of the posts quoting the removed material to the thread in the next post. The reason for the moderators not 'weighing in' before this is that they haven't been on line to read the report and this thread until now.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

parasitic insects are a good thing in small numbers. they serve a useful purpose in nature. in swarms they are a plague.

Comparing the Han to parasitic insects is still a violation of TOS.

VJ is Captain Ewok's private property. We're all guests here. Why would you agree to TOS (which you do by creating an id here) and then proceed to violate that agreement on a regular basis?

Timeline

Material from removed posts quoting TOS violating posts returned here:

Legacy member posted Today 2:19 pm

How about following the Terms of Service on a message board you choose to post on? Think you could do that?

Post Content intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against a broad demographic or group of people identified by a unifying trait or characteristic (discrimination). For instance, racist or sexist content may be considered hate speech.

Rob and Mel posted Today 1:05 pm

Remember AJ, he didn't use one of the keyword slurs to get a ban. Context and spirit mean nothing to the moderators, unless you are insulting a character from He-Man. :rofl:

Legacy Member posted today 1:07 pm

I think "(removed)" is a pretty open and shut case of a clear TOS violation. But we'll see, maybe the mods will disagree. After all, they know best.

Rob and Mel posted 1:09 pm

Would you really be surprised if they didn't take any action?

Peejay posted Today 1:39 pm

Considering the fate of Tibet and the treatment of peasants that have had their homes seized without compensation being only a couple of examples...I'd say his observation may not be totally without merit. It was an observation...not an attempt to degrade, intimidate, incite violence, or prejudicial action. You are making much adoo about nothing.

Legacy Member posted today 1:57 PM (and with 5 stars next to post)

"(removed)" is not just another "view". Thinking the government shouldn't spend our tax money on repairing potholes is a "view". Thinking marijuana should be decriminalized is a "view". Calling (removed) is at par with calling (removed). It's racist and bigoted as are the people who condone it

Chri'stina posted today 2:06 pm

It's not just that they were called (removed) but also the generalization of an entire ethnicity saying "removed)."

Darnell posted today 2:12 pm

Ya, I hope ppl are not confusing Mongolia with China, or

Mongolians with Chinese.

Ethnic HAN ppl are NOT ethnic Mongolian ppl, at all.

Is vast dichotomy between the two cultures.

Sure, was some attempt of assimilation, HAN trying to take in Mongol lands/area by force.

IMO, Mongols have long history of fighting with the HAN, as well.

The thing that bothers me, of course, is any linkage to Hitler and the Nazis - but hei - I'll just leave it at that.

Darnell posted today 2:20 pm

Wow - I can understand how you might feel about that statement, sure - does it seem derogatory or racist in scope.

But, if you

1. study Chinese history over several thousand years and

2. study current diaspora patterns outside of China and

3. study local 'foot-traffic patterns' at each major train point (in China), during the yearly 'migrant-worker migration back to home'

then you could see that a comparison to (removed) is actually accurate.

Is it racist? Ask an enlightened Chinese Person.

Do you find it to be racist? If that's the case, I'd suggest some further study.

I didn't take it as racist, at all. I would suggest my background and experience is a bit different than most ppl here, though, with respect to 'living in China' and 'dealing with Chinese People' and 'studying Chinese history and diaspora patterns'.

I'm not a racist, by any means/stretch/definition - and I gotta tell ya - a 'reference to (removed)' is accurate.

But back to the Mongol issue, ya? In many ways, can be solid comparisons to the Armenians in Turkey over these last 150 years.

Legacy Member posted today 2:22 pm

Your opinion does not surprise me.

Chris'tina posted today 2:29 pm

If a reference to (removed) isn't surprising, what about all the stuff written after that???? It's not like he simply said they are (removed) and left it at that(which also wouldn't be good imo).

(more returned content in next post)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline

Legacy Member posted today 2:27 pm

Darnell, on 03 August 2010 - 02:24 PM, said:

You coming back to the portal, though - does surprise me.

I like how you always harp back to that :lol:

chri, on 03 August 2010 - 02:25 PM, said:

If a reference to (removed) isn't surprising, what about all the stuff written after that???? It's not like he simply said they are (removed) and left it at that(which also wouldn't be good imo).

No, it's clearly a bigoted statement. What's unsurprising is the collection of individuals who've rushed to its defense.

Darnell posted today 2:29

mongols are a distinct people, more closely related to europeans than to chinese. even before the khan they were genetically closer to europeans. i would support their efforts to throw off the shackles of han chinese bondage, after having seen what the han people have done since mao.

nationalism is a good thing. rule of law is a good thing. either, without the other, is a sure path to the failure of a nation state.

You really think this 'rest of it' was racist? Really? OK ..

Legacy member, on 03 August 2010 - 02:29 PM, said:

You can attempt to divert attention away from the subject under discussion.

Nah - not often. Just this 'one time', in this 'one topic'.

I've already 'checked in' on this one topic, though, ya?

Charles posted today at 3:06 pm

Legacy member, on 03 August 2010 - 03:04 PM, said:

BTW - your implicit defense of "Han Chinese are (removed)" is surprising.

nothing implicit about it - one does not need to state an opinion about everything just so you know where they stand.

i've never heard of han chinese, btw, so i'm staying out of it so i don't look foolish.

Darnell posted today 3:52 pm

chri, on 03 August 2010 - 02:25 PM, said:

If a reference to (removed) isn't surprising, what about all the stuff written after that???? It's not like he simply said they are(removed) and left it at that(which also wouldn't be good imo).

I think (just an opinion) that justashooter has a history of making 'those types of comments' so I can fully understand how someone, aware of his posting history, can make yet another leap to judgement, declare this as a spew, and thrown down the 'racist' label.

I get it, truly. I understand that linkage.

But here's a question, yes? Are his comments racist because of the language used, or because of his prior posting history and subsequent labels from others?

No, I'm not defending him, please don't get confused on that one point. I thought what he said was accurate, but that's based on my 'boots on the ground' time in China. You've not really 'lived' till you've hung out at a train station during the yearly 'migrant worker migration back to home' during each Chinese New Year 2 week break.

Madame Cleo posted today 3:36 pm

The implication of (removed) in this context is that they consume everything in their path, including the Mongols who get in their way, it had nothing to do with migration patterns of migrant workers.

Justashooter posted today 6:40 pm

Madame Cleo, on 03 August 2010 - 02:43 PM, said:

There is never a context in which racism is a good thing.

The case for the Mongolian population resenting foreign interference is perfectly sound, using Hitler as a role model for rational nationalism is absurd.

my point exactly. the only people on this earth more racist than han chinese are koreans and japanese. since neither korea nor japan are expanding nations engaging in massed forced migration and ethnically oriented discrimination and de-culturation on a wide scale, china has picked up the slack, redoubling their efforts.

for the uneducated, han chinese are the people originating power in the han dynasty. their faces are not the faces of guangdongnese, the stature not so small, and the skin not so dark. they are known by the sunflower seed shaped face and paler skin. a warrior people they are, even for chinese. living among them i have literally seen this trait as it remains, barely contained under the surface, erupting at the slightest provocation.

they are central plains chinese and they have already conquered and bred into every other indigenous people in china east of the mountains. unfortunately, there are many ethnic nationalities in the mountains of the western and northern parts of china for them to yet "assimilate".

some of these peoples are distinctly indo-european in ethnicity. you would never think of them as chinese, and they refuse to think of themselves as chinese, even though they are under titular state control. with the han building roads toward them at breakneck speed, and running regular truckloads of han military and developers into the area by those roads which now exist, these people are on the verge of cultural extinction.

let's face it folks, there is a lot of money in mongolia and the western chinese mountains bordering afghanistan in terms of oil reserves, copper, silver, and gold (didn't know that, huh?). (removed)

Edited by Kathryn41

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Google translator will not do 'Herr Flick' in Mongolian...

I wonder if they have Bratwurst fuelled training camps

Ex - nazi jack boots would be no good - they would look like waders on those guys

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Posts violating TOS (racist comments - and yes, the comments discussed were racist) have been removed along with a number of posts quoting them. I will be returning acceptable parts of the posts quoting the removed material to the thread in the next post. The reason for the moderators not 'weighing in' before this is that they haven't been on line to read the report and this thread until now.

as usual, a canadian redefining reality in America to suit the needs of a vocal non-American minority.

removing truth from view does not change it's nature.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg