The_Dude

Mongolian neo-Nazis: Anti-Chinese sentiment fuels rise of ultra-nationalism

67 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If a reference to locusts isn't surprising, what about all the stuff written after that???? It's not like he simply said they are locusts and left it at that(which also wouldn't be good imo).

mongols are a distinct people, more closely related to europeans than to chinese. even before the khan they were genetically closer to europeans. i would support their efforts to throw off the shackles of han chinese bondage, after having seen what the han people have done since mao.

nationalism is a good thing. rule of law is a good thing. either, without the other, is a sure path to the failure of a nation state.

You really think this 'rest of it' was racist? Really? OK ..

You can attempt to divert attention away from the subject under discussion.

Nah - not often. Just this 'one time', in this 'one topic'.

I've already 'checked in' on this one topic, though, ya?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

mongols are a distinct people, more closely related to europeans than to chinese. even before the khan they were genetically closer to europeans. i would support their efforts to throw off the shackles of han chinese bondage, after having seen what the han people have done since mao.

nationalism is a good thing. rule of law is a good thing. either, without the other, is a sure path to the failure of a nation state.

You really think this 'rest of it' was racist? Really? OK ..

He was insulting Han Chinese and praising Mongols...perhaps because of their supposed genetic closeness to Europeans?

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

There is never a context in which racism is a good thing.

The case for the Mongolian population resenting foreign interference is perfectly sound, using Hitler as a role model for rational nationalism is absurd.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

He was insulting Han Chinese and praising Mongols...perhaps because of their supposed genetic closeness to Europeans?

Ah - some light .

I didn't take it that way, as an insult to HAN people, at all.

HAN-focused efforts on Mongolians in Mongolia and outside of Mongolia are really atrocious over these last 120 years. IMO, 'HAN efforts at assimilation', over the last 200 years, regardless of 'where they tried it', was very analogous to how the BORG operate. I'm sorry if you weren't aware of that. Sure, there's two sides of 'that story', as well, but mostly, the victor (HAN-nationality Chinese) are the ones writing the 'published story'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

How could it be racist when it's been said so many times? :rofl:

You see a black cat cross the road in front of you as you drive. What thought goes through your mind?

# mmmmm... I'm suddenly in the mood for chinese food.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/267004-when-a-black-cat-crosses-the-road/

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Very good! Now report it.

if you're sincere about your outrage, you'll report it ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Ok, I will.

that's the spirit! :thumbs:

and now i'll report myself for making you report it. :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

One has changed his mind about that, has one?

you be sure to run that by the global mods and ewok. since none of them have weighed in, surely they must be suspect too. :rolleyes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Rob - after reading the article again, slowly - I am liking some aspects of what the leaders are doing to ensure Mongolian Nationality and Ethnicity in Mongolia.

Sure, the inclusion of Hitler-esque stuff is troublesome, but at least the leaders denounced his actions, in print.