visaveteran

Removal of Conditions Problem

54 posts in this topic

I'll vouch for Hannah, Gary. She's cool. And.... she's right.

...you're only now applying for RoC? I thought you guys had been together since forever.

They were living together in Russia for quite a while before they did their VJ process to enter USA. That's why he was posting on here quite a bit about stuff and they're only now at the RoC stage.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always amazed at how many people drop by the RUB. I think it's because we have so much fun here and have interesting stories. I can't imagine our knowledge of the visa process is any better than those in the other regional forums. As for me, I'm just not that interested in the other regional forums.

Let's face it, RUB'ers know how to have fun! :dance::rofl:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

How about any letters/mail addressed to the both of you?

Wedding/Party invitation cards addressed to 'Mr. and Mrs. VisaVeteran?

Plane tickets/hotel receipts in both your names from vacations?

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

I'm always amazed at how many people drop by the RUB. I think it's because we have so much fun here and have interesting stories. I can't imagine our knowledge of the visa process is any better than those in the other regional forums. As for me, I'm just not that interested in the other regional forums.

I've never been to another regional forum. Not even once. I see no need at all to go there and I respect their privacy. If you read the descriptions of what the regional threads are for, it pretty much sums up that you have no business being in another region's thread. If you really want to be nosy or annoying, head to OT.

I've heard several people say they've ended up here because they click on "show recent posts" and we have a post that's interesting enough and they bite. (Often with claims of "I just wanted to help.") Before they know it they're sucked into our trap and sharing all their "nuggets of wisdom."

Others have followed folks back from OT thinking, "If he's such an @$$hole here in OT, I wonder what he's like in the RUB forum."

Either way, nosy and annoying.

We've had a few over there years who are cool and always welcome back (HannahP is one of them.) but far more who've worn out their welcome yet continue to stop by and let us know how great we are. Yet you still don't see us in their threads, do you?

Wedding/Party invitation cards addressed to 'Mr. and Mrs. VisaVeteran?

I never even considered this as evidence, but my wife had two or three of these (Christmas cards, etc., too) as evidence when we went in. I throw that stuff away but she kept it. I guess for good reason becuase our interviewer looked at it. Women love weddings.

Sachinky knows the art of a good drive-by! :thumbs: That's the way to do it!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Actually there is a tremendous amount of knowledge about the visa process right in this forum. More than many others. Yes we have fun and we do not use cartoon characters to portray our wives for the most part. Alla would object to me using a dinosaur for an avatar. :rofl:

In this forum we have some members that have been through just about every level and every situation. It is a great place for answers. Plus we talk about guns, pie, and occasionally politics. But we have solved most of the world's problems right here in this forum long ago.

People who married women that speak English as a primary language come around for the head slapping "V-8 moment" You know "Dang! I shoulda had an FSU woman!"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

VV, obviously at this point you only have what you have. Creating joint accounts with modest amounts and limited activity may actually cause more suspicion than anything else.

Scour the house and find any snail mail that is addressed to her (or better to the both of you). Any FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc packages that may still have the address labels with her name. You already mentioned military ID, cell bills, etc. Letters/receipts from the doctor, dentist, etc. All that stuff Sachinky listed.

Affidavits can be seen in the same sense as a reference letter (job, college, etc.). Would you get one from someone that didn't write a favorable letter? Condo association is a good one. A clergy member, if applicable. Just not solely family and friends.

The adjudicator will take the totality of what's presented and make their judgement. When put in context, all you are able to present makes sense. Worst case scenario is that they schedule you for a interview and the adjudicator will give you two the "eyeball test." When we went for the AOS interview the USCIS officer had us walk ahead of him through the maze of cubicles. My thought is that he wanted to see our interaction as we walked together. It sure wasn't because either of knew where we were going.

Best of luck.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

VV, obviously at this point you only have what you have. Creating joint accounts with modest amounts and limited activity may actually cause more suspicion than anything else.

Scour the house and find any snail mail that is addressed to her (or better to the both of you). Any FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc packages that may still have the address labels with her name. You already mentioned military ID, cell bills, etc. Letters/receipts from the doctor, dentist, etc. All that stuff Sachinky listed.

Affidavits can be seen in the same sense as a reference letter (job, college, etc.). Would you get one from someone that didn't write a favorable letter? Condo association is a good one. A clergy member, if applicable. Just not solely family and friends.

The adjudicator will take the totality of what's presented and make their judgement. When put in context, all you are able to present makes sense. Worst case scenario is that they schedule you for a interview and the adjudicator will give you two the "eyeball test." When we went for the AOS interview the USCIS officer had us walk ahead of him through the maze of cubicles. My thought is that he wanted to see our interaction as we walked together. It sure wasn't because either of knew where we were going.

Best of luck.

Thanks! The guy I know at VSC was a field officer for more than 20 years. He claims "he can tell" immediately when looking at a couple. I don't think VV will have any more trouble with the items he has now

Gary And Alla

we have solved most of the world's problems right here in this forum long ago.

Now if they'd only listen to us and apply what we'd say. Wait a minute... are we talking about our wives or the govt. here?

the adjudicator will give you two the "eyeball test." When we went for the AOS interview the USCIS officer had us walk ahead of him through the maze of cubicles. My thought is that he wanted to see our interaction as we walked together. It sure wasn't because either of knew where we were going.

I think this happens quite a bit. Anh map, just looking at your avatar indicates they're going to scrutinize your case moreso than they would mine. Not being judgemental, thats just the way it is. And obviously, that's the way it happened. Probably what's going on with VV as well.

There have been many, many, many VJ folks who "get a hard time" over the years (Matthies comes to mind recently here in our own forum) when in reality, all they're doing is an "eyeball test." They want to see your reaction - together - to certain situations.

As all these folks can tell you, ultimately, all that matters is you stick with it and present what you have. They'll see that it's real, they're just testing you first.

I don't think VV will have any more trouble with the items he has now

I don't either. I think this just a "blip" on the radar for some reason and they wanted to see a little more to rattle his cage and see what he could come up with. Should be good to go now.

Русский форум член.

I don't think VV will have any more trouble with the items he has now

I agree Gary. I think VV is just trying to make sure he has dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's. In most cases, this is a surprisingly easy process. My feeling is go in "Armed to the teeth" and you will be fine. Go in thinking it is a cake walk and you are in trouble. :bonk:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think this happens quite a bit. Anh map, just looking at your avatar indicates they're going to scrutinize your case moreso than they would mine. Not being judgemental, thats just the way it is. And obviously, that's the way it happened. Probably what's going on with VV as well.

There have been many, many, many VJ folks who "get a hard time" over the years (Matthies comes to mind recently here in our own forum) when in reality, all they're doing is an "eyeball test." They want to see your reaction - together - to certain situations.

As all these folks can tell you, ultimately, all that matters is you stick with it and present what you have. They'll see that it's real, they're just testing you first.

I don't either. I think this just a "blip" on the radar for some reason and they wanted to see a little more to rattle his cage and see what he could come up with. Should be good to go now.

I just make sure that I don't tell them that I know Gary and things go smoothly. :)

AOS interview was a piece of cake. Spent more time waiting than in the interview. As Gary said the adjudicating officer seemed to draw conclusions pretty quickly.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

I just make sure that I don't tell them that I know Gary and things go smoothly. :)

A good policy in the Off Topic Forum as well!

AOS interview was a piece of cake. Spent more time waiting than in the interview. As Gary said the adjudicating officer seemed to draw conclusions pretty quickly.

Yep. It's pretty obvious to see when people are comfortable together and when they're "trying to make something look right."

Русский форум член.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thought I'd check in and post a few things to keep everyone clear on my situation.

I was married to my wife in Russia October 2007, so any evidence from that event means nothing concerning evidence of our life as a married couple in the USA. I filed for CR-1 in November 2007 and she arrived in the US in July 2008. So the evidence needed now should date from July 2008 to the present...the time we've actually lived together. At least that's how I'm looking at it. I mean, there's not much to show during the time we lived apart from each other in separate countries.

As to the Removal of Conditions for her 10 year GC, there was no actual interview. We did have to go and get her fingerprints and photo but no interview. Everything was submitted by mail to the USCIS. So no "eyeballing" was done.

The recent Russian spy round-up might have something to do with the government hassling us, but who knows? I felt my original evidence was sufficient but the USCIS wants more.

I am using many of the suggested ideas from this thread. Thank you all for the advice and supportive posts.

I am optimistic things will go well this time but I remain nervous.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Timeline

:rofl:

Thought I'd check in and post a few things to keep everyone clear on my situation.

I was married to my wife in Russia October 2007, so any evidence from that event means nothing concerning evidence of our life as a married couple in the USA. I filed for CR-1 in November 2007 and she arrived in the US in July 2008. So the evidence needed now should date from July 2008 to the present...the time we've actually lived together. At least that's how I'm looking at it. I mean, there's not much to show during the time we lived apart from each other in separate countries.

As to the Removal of Conditions for her 10 year GC, there was no actual interview. We did have to go and get her fingerprints and photo but no interview. Everything was submitted by mail to the USCIS. So no "eyeballing" was done.

The recent Russian spy round-up might have something to do with the government hassling us, but who knows? I felt my original evidence was sufficient but the USCIS wants more.

I am using many of the suggested ideas from this thread. Thank you all for the advice and supportive posts.

I am optimistic things will go well this time but I remain nervous.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Alla said that under no circumstances would she rat out your wife as a spy. I doubt that is it.

Gary And Alla

Perhaps your wife looks a little like Anna Chapman and they are thinking, "Ah ha, another hot Russian girl posing as a wife to avoid scrutiny." :rofl: :rofl:

Unfortunately, it's probably just the USCIS doing its same old hurry up and wait routine.

When did you get the RFE then?

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.