visaveteran

Removal of Conditions Problem

54 posts in this topic

Yep, I save a lot of that. And, go get a library card, both of you. Even if you don't plan to use it.

And sign up for a joint bank account, even if you don't use it.

All of this is "normal" evidence that a US couple would normally have; so it's "valid".

We have a couple of credit cards, a car loan, and a flex debit card just for that reason. Well, it builds her credit too.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yep, I save a lot of that. And, go get a library card, both of you. Even if you don't plan to use it.

And sign up for a joint bank account, even if you don't use it.

All of this is "normal" evidence that a US couple would normally have; so it's "valid".

Nothing you say is "wrong" Phil, but read what the USCIS director that handles I-751s told us. You are NOT a normal US citizen couple, they do not have to prove anything to anyone. You have to prove that your marriage is legitimate. Junk mail and library cards don't do that. They are exactly what fraudulent couples WOULD use. Cheap, easy top get, no committment, no trust. Even utilities are not very valuable one way or another. You have an electric bill. So what? If she does a runner you still have to pay for electricity at your house, just like you did before she came.

Mingling finances is better. Giving her access to things that can cost you money shows trust. You do not do that with someone that is a fraud. Opening a bank account in both names and having a balance of $23.58 doesn't do it either.

Both being on a lease or mortgage is good. Being listed as the emergency contact or "responsible party" for your son is better. Having her listed as the beneficiary to your life insurance is great. Both names on car titles, car insurance, etc. Her listed as the beneficiary of investment accounts.

There is no "bad" evidence, taken as a whole, with other evidence, even a subscription to Sports Illustrated is evidence. But if that is all you have, be prepared to be denied.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Nothing you say is "wrong" Phil, but read what the USCIS director that handles I-751s told us. You are NOT a normal US citizen couple, they do not have to prove anything to anyone.

I believe I "understand". As I have always spoken about, and have done for our case, is that all of your evidence "tells your story", when put together as a whole.

I know from our own experience that there was a question about that from her Embassy interview, and that was easily and quickly resolved, when more of our evidence (and a statement that described that evidence and led the interviewer through it) was presented.

Yes library cards are not concrete, but in addition to all the other "hard" evidence you describe, it will help tell the story.

I must admit that I am amazed at those couples who come to this and have nothing more to present. Many of them have been lurking around these forums for a long time and one would expect that they read various threads and have taken away information that they can use for their case. I am just amazed. It seems easy and natural for me and for us. Maybe that's because we are a normal couple in a normal (as best we can) can have. Obviously others are not in the same situation. So for them, all I can suggest is, create evidence, even if it doesn't seem natural for you. And of course the scammer relationships already know this/are doing this.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Just get her a credit card and wait. The junk mail will follow. Then you will be sorry. :rofl:

Capital One has a dedicated junk mail department.

I always send them junk mail back in their prepaid envelopes - and not even their own junk! I'll send them coupons for Dominos or something.

And, go get a library card, both of you.

Go to the library to get her a card and she may be pleasantly surprised by the amount of Russian-language media available. I never, in a million years, would've guessed they'd have books and movies in Russian here in Cincinnati. Well, they do. I guess my taxes are good for something.

a bank account in both names and having a balance of $23.58 doesn't do it either.

But that very well could prove you're "normal!"

I must admit that I am amazed at those couples who come to this and have nothing more to present.

It seems to me if you have an age discrepancy you might as well prepare "extra" evidence.

If either of you've been down the K-1 road before or if you're on your second, third, fourth wife, etc., you better have more evidence.

If she has a kid by some other dude.... you might want to have more evidence.

If you've moved around quite a bit and/or had separate addresses...

If she's been in Russia for a while.....

Look at it from their perspective. You don't have to be Ozzy and Harriet, but you should at least have something showing your joint interests and the less you look like Ozzy and Harriet... the more you should have.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

We all know that a lot of people cruise VJ looking for information. In VisaVeteran's case, he already said he can't get life insurance because of his age, but it's a good idea to list that as a step for evidence of a "True Marriage". I have known couples in this country that never have joint accounts but because they don't have to prove their marriage to anyone, no one says anything.

The idea is to give not just VV ideas but also all those who cruise VJ. As far as having a joint account with $23.58 in it, well if you show $2,000 deposited during the month and lots of checks being written, that could look like a very normal account. As far as I'm concerned, just taking the step to bring someone from another country here to be your spouse shows much more commitment than the so-called normal marriages in America.

Everyone's situation is different. If you have very little other family members around to show your marriage commitment to, then you must resort to other methods. These include signed affidavits, joint accounts, listing spouse as beneficiary on life insurance policy and similar incidences. Placing your new spouse on the deed to your home is not generally a recommendation a lawyer will give someone, especially if they have been divorced, live in a community property state or their marriage is still very new. That is just common sense.

Slim had some great suggestions that I'll have to implement, especially about sending coupons, etc. back to the junk mail people. After all, they have to pay for their postage paid envelopes. I doubt our library has any Russian films, but its worth checking.

I was wondering if anyone asked Charles what diapers he uses. Would he answer, Depends? :rofl: :rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I want to thank everyone for the help and advice. I have to confess I'm nervous about this evidence problem. Just so you know what I sent the first time, I'll list them here. A copy of a shared credit card bill with both our names on it. Two affidavits...one from my son and one from a friend. I also included a copy of her Virginia official ID card with our address on it (I don't know where Gary got the idea I'm from Alaska). I also gave a copy of her military ID card as I am military retired (disability). I also got a letter from the VA showing her name as a dependent for my VA compensation payments. And, of course, a copy of her green card. That's it. All of these things show she is my wife as there's no other way to obtain military benefits and VA payments.

Now I'm digging deeper. The issue seems to prove we actually live together so I'm getting my condo manager to write an official letter stating my wife has lived in my condo for two years. I'm hoping that will really help. I got another affidavit from my ex wife (we're on good terms). I had the military medical insurance office, TriCare, send a letter showing both our names as receiving TriCare medical benefits. I printed out a copy of my Verizon cell phone profile which shows me as the account holder and my wife as an account manager. The print out looks a little mickey mouse but I guess it can't hurt to try.

I plan on opening a joint bank account. Although this may be too late it can't hurt and there's actually a reason to open it now...my wife got a retail job a few months ago so she actually has some income to bank. I also plan on doing medical directives (living wills) for each other. I will also give them a copy of her library card and take some photos around our condo but who knows if that will help.

That's about all I've come up with. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Timeline

What about the tons of photos of you two together? On vacation, at the museum, restaurant...everywhere "normal" people go.

(I don't know where Gary got the idea I'm from Alaska)

It was Brad who was thinking you were from Alaska.

Some junk mail couldn't hurt. A fashion magazine or catalog in her name shipped to your house is a pretty good indicator there's a female presence. Also, stop by Victoria's Secret and get her on the mailing list. She'll get a coupon for free panties once a month and get discounts on bras. Plus, a catalog (or twelve) every month will show up in the mail with the coupon.

USCIS adjudicators like looking at "junk" from VS just as much as we do.

What about the tons of photos of you two together? On vacation, at the museum, restaurant...everywhere "normal" people go.

Yes, you should definitely send photos. Photos of the two of you lounging on the porch or in the backyard would be great. Show the two of you at the house together.

Paint the picture they want to see!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

[it was Brad who was thinking you were from Alaska.]

Yes, your right. Good memory.

I forgot one thing about evidence. I sent in a I-130 to bring her son over here. I already got the NOA1 document. I wonder if that could be seen as evidence? Or should I leave that as a separate issue?

Edited by visaveteran

I forgot one thing about evidence. I sent in a I-130 to bring her son over here. I already got the NOA1 document. I wonder if that could be seen as evidence? Or should I leave that as a separate issue?

Probably wouldn't hurt. You're trying to help her son come here too, that would show you to be some type of a family man.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Probably wouldn't hurt. You're trying to help her son come here too, that would show you to be some type of a family man.

Paint the picture they want to see!

Yes all your evidence, even the seemingly unimportant, when put together, shoud "tell your story". When Alla was given a 221g form at her interview for more evidence, we merely sent in what we had already given them, plus 10 lbs more. But... what I also included and what I think really worked for us (approval immediately) was I wrote a three page letter describing the evidence and how it chronicled (is this a real word?) our relationship. I was impassioned and included all that lovey dovey stuff. Now is not the time to be private; because of the nature of this special dance we all do with immigration, we need to open our lives if needed to allow these complete strangers to make the right decision.

As we say in the dog show business, "Don't make the judge have to think."

If you have a real relationship and if you two really do have a real marriage and really do live together, then just prove it.

Give them everything. Also kill them with kindness.

Again, when everything is put together, it should tell your story. Tell your story.

Timeline

I want to thank everyone for the help and advice. I have to confess I'm nervous about this evidence problem. Just so you know what I sent the first time, I'll list them here. A copy of a shared credit card bill with both our names on it. Two affidavits...one from my son and one from a friend. I also included a copy of her Virginia official ID card with our address on it (I don't know where Gary got the idea I'm from Alaska). I also gave a copy of her military ID card as I am military retired (disability). I also got a letter from the VA showing her name as a dependent for my VA compensation payments. And, of course, a copy of her green card. That's it. All of these things show she is my wife as there's no other way to obtain military benefits and VA payments.

Now I'm digging deeper. The issue seems to prove we actually live together so I'm getting my condo manager to write an official letter stating my wife has lived in my condo for two years. I'm hoping that will really help. I got another affidavit from my ex wife (we're on good terms). I had the military medical insurance office, TriCare, send a letter showing both our names as receiving TriCare medical benefits. I printed out a copy of my Verizon cell phone profile which shows me as the account holder and my wife as an account manager. The print out looks a little mickey mouse but I guess it can't hurt to try.

I plan on opening a joint bank account. Although this may be too late it can't hurt and there's actually a reason to open it now...my wife got a retail job a few months ago so she actually has some income to bank. I also plan on doing medical directives (living wills) for each other. I will also give them a copy of her library card and take some photos around our condo but who knows if that will help.

Did I say Alaska?

To clarify, on a joint banl account, if statements show an active account into which momney is deposited and withdrawn ( a checking account) with both names, it is fine, even if the balance is $23.58 on the day you print the statement. I was sayig that just opening an account for the purpose of having an account together with no activity, no funds, does not prove anything.

Yes, I agree it is important to inform others. There is a pinned topic in the I-751 forum which specifically lists good evidence.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Yes, it is very good evidence. Also the medical insurance papers are excellent. Those will probably do the trick. The letter from the condo assn will help also.

Gary And Alla

...you're only now applying for RoC? I thought you guys had been together since forever.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Timeline

...you're only now applying for RoC? I thought you guys had been together since forever.

So you are wrong. Great contribution to the RUB forum with your drive by BS. Did you get lost trying to get to the Canada forum to contribute your wisdom? Seems to be easy so why not do it again...get lost.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.