un_conventional

DCF Spouse Visa London - Received NOA2 but No Packet 3??

6 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

After applying DCF London for a Spouse Visa for my husband, we received the letter entitled "Approval Notice of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition" in the first week of July, it was dated June 23. From what I understood we are to wait for Packet 3 to arrive, which we send back to show we are ready for the interview. We have not heard anything else. Are we supposed to print forms off the website to send them in? If not, is the only way to sort this out to call their expensive hotline?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

After applying DCF London for a Spouse Visa for my husband, we received the letter entitled "Approval Notice of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition" in the first week of July, it was dated June 23. From what I understood we are to wait for Packet 3 to arrive, which we send back to show we are ready for the interview. We have not heard anything else. Are we supposed to print forms off the website to send them in? If not, is the only way to sort this out to call their expensive hotline?

Thanks!

Well the best thing to do is .... you guessed it... wait, when your petition is approved the case file is sent to a different section of the embassy, it moves from the IV section to the DOS, there is where they are compiling information on the USC and evaluating the potential immigrant, and for all intents and purposes it is when they make the decision if you are approved for a visa or not pending the interview stage.

I know how frustrating it is to wait at this point but patience is a virtue

Good Luck ;)

2007-08-21Met through dating site

2007-10-12Hubby's first visit/met me and picked him up in Davao International Airport

2007-10-17Officially engaged to my one and only love hubby & formally proposed in front of my family

2007-10-22Flew back to the US

2008-02-022nd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Cebu International Airport

2008-02-04Went into the US embassy Cebu to get his certificate of legal capacity

2008-02-05Flew back together into Davao City and drove to Tagum City

2008-02-27Our awaited precious moment the WEDDING DAY!!!!

2008-03-04Hubby Flew back to the US

2009-05-013rd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Hong Kong International Airport

2009-05-02We went to Hong Kong disneyland (pretty amazing)

2009-05-03Flew back together into Manila and got his balikbayan visa to stay here with me for one year

2009-12-24First time we celebrate together the Christmas Eve (very much awesome!)

2009-12-31First time we celebrate together the New Years Eve (very much happy)

2010-01-07We celebrate together on his Birthday!

2010-01-15Celebrate together on his cutie wifey Birthday!

2010-01-25Sent I-130

2010-01-27Manila consulate received

2010-03-31I-130 approved(66 days)

2010-04-15NOA2 received

2010-04-22Packet 3 received(YaY)

2010-04-24DS230I & DS2001 Sent

2010-04-26Manila consulate received

2010-05-06Packet 4 received(Yepeyy)

2010-05-26-MEDICAL 7:00am(Passed)

2010-06-17-INTERVIEW 7:00 AM VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Lord !!!

2010-06-19 Recieved passport with visa via Air21 so fastttttt !!

2010-07-16 POE Detroit

2010-07-26 Recieved SS card

Thanks, although I just read somewhere else on this site that the Packet 3 from DCF London is said to be enclosed in the letter we got (which it did say it was) but really you have to access the documents on the internet and print them out? Can someone confirm this?

Additionally, when we mailed out our response to the request for additional documents, we included my partner's original Kenyan birth certificate with a self-addressed stamped envelope and a request for its return in the covering letter. We have not received this back (!). Can I assume they have it when we go to the interview? It will take another 14 weeks to get a new one from Kenya!

Thanks again!

We received our approval of petition (NOA2) on the 22nd. This was just a simple letter stating that our approval was successful and our details had been passed to the correct US immigration handler.

2 days later we then received a one page letter stating, that they had assigned us a case number, and this was our packet 3. We were advised to get the documents online and print them off.

I would say that if you have a case number, you are ready to print off and send packet 3. If not either wait, or contact them.

Our Story

Met in September 2006 through a mutual friend (S being the UK citizen) P studying over here at an American Uni (she is originally from NY)

Xmas 2006 S went to visit P's family (repeated very year since)

2007 moved in together

3rd January 2010 - S asked P to marry him in NY she said yes

8th May 2010 - married in London at Morden Park House

20th May - sent in I-130

22nd July - I-130 Approved

24th July - Packet 3 received

31st August - Medical

Moving out of our flat in London on 1st September, P returning to set up home in NY.

10th November 2010 - the plan will hopefully be for P to fly back to London and together take a transatlantic cruise together across to NY with visa in hand.

Hi.

We thought the same when our 'packet three' arrived!! That is all you get, 1 tatty piece of paper !! So you have to print everything from the new website. So just fill in your ds230 part one and your ds2001 asap. We were confused about a checklist but it is just the ds2001 that you need. We have just received our packet 4 for an interview in September. So send it all back asap and it will be about 4 weeks for a reply then 3-4 weeks for an interview date. Make sure you book the medical asap and get any required jabs done at your local doctor as it's free.

Best of luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.