Jump to content



3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden

Hi all..

My fiance has been in the us army but had to let it go after a few years due to sickle cell. He gets disability from the VA (80%). However that is still not enough to meet the 125% we need to file for the 1-134. He also does not have to file tax on that disability. Now, if he was to take up a part time job and have a letter from his work stating that he works there and how much he earns would that put us in a better position?

Larry and Jaana

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria

If your fiance doesn't earn enough to meet the requirements and can't cover it through assets ,he needs to find a co sponsor or find a way to earn more.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...