Pinocchio Liberal

Anything goes board.

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Marc wants to have a special forum for the purposes of making personal attacks that will not be acted upon by the mods.

Granted the mods can be a bit too overzealous when it comes to alleged TOS violations, but Marc is a guy who has, on not a few occasions, used the personal situations of others for his own amusement.

If VJ is too "tame" for him, there are plenty of other boards out there for those of a salty disposition (including the one that was created under a much more generous TOS).

You asked a Q, but you were missing a key word of what he said. I was merely pointing it out.

Why does Marc want a place specifically to make derogatory comments about family members and racist insults?

There are plenty of other forums out there for that.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what you were doing ;)

Yes, I misread the OP with my initial post. I realised it, hence the second.

Marc is one of the worst people on the board for using peoples family and personal situations for his own amusement.

Yanno, D, there are quite a few people on here whom I actually loathe probably as much as you apparently loathe Marc. What I don't understand is why you spend so much time on him.

You would think they are married, or something. :lol:

Timeline

Yanno, D, there are quite a few people on here whom I actually loathe probably as much as you apparently loathe Marc. What I don't understand is why you spend so much time on him.

I could ask the same question of you about MC and Steve. Surely the question should be why spend any time arguing with people you dislike, not "how much time". I don't generally ration my time on people when I post, why would I?

VJ OT is a form of entertainment. That's it.

I could ask the same question of you about MC and Steve. Surely the question should be why spend any time arguing with people you dislike, not "how much time". I don't generally ration my time on people when I post, why would I?

VJ OT is a form of entertainment. That's it.

True. And for the most part, I try to stay away from certain posters. And I will disagree with things that are said concerning whatever topic might interest me, but I usually (if not always, but let's be safe and say usually) try to refrain from making personal insults about a person's lifestyle (ie calling someone a drunk) because that's kinda beneath me. I would think that you're of like mind, yet I see you calling Marc names quite often, and it actually surprises me.

Edited by Happy Bunny

Timeline

You can present yourself that way if you want, but the truth is that sometimes you do behave that way and sometimes you dont. Only you know why that is, just as I'm the only one who can say why I react to Marc (or whoever) on some days, but not others. I'm not going to justify it or myself to anyone just because they apparently have some expectations about me.

Its simply noones business

You can present yourself that way if you want, but the truth is that sometimes you do behave that way and sometimes you dont. Only you know why that is, just as I'm the only one who can say why I react to Marc (or whoever) on some days, but not others. I'm not going to justify it or myself to anyone just because they apparently have some expectations about me.

Its simply noones business

Hey I'm not casting aspersions on you or asking you to act differently, but since it's all being acted out in a public forum, I thought I'd finally reveal my curiosity about this situation. In all the years I've read your posts, I've never seen someone rile you up so easily. No worries!

As far as going for the being personal jugular; I really don't feel like I behave that way. If you disagree, feel free to point it out. For real.

Timeline

As I said it's really none of your business anymore than it's mine to question why you react to some posters.

As to Marc - sometimes he does "rile me up" sometimes he doesn't. Most of the time I don't take it particularly seriously. However - seeing as you ask. Marc likes to use people's family and personal situations for his own amusement. I have mentioned in the past:

1) having a parent who has mental health issues - cue many posts from him involving strait jackets, youtube music videos featuring songs titles involving insanity etc etc.

2) having one of my cats die suddenly towards the end of last year - guess what. Post after post from him "How's the kitty".

3) having broken up with my wife (not long after the cat situation) and moved back to the UK (you know more about this than most people here) - guess what... same again.

I have indeed called Marc a drunk in the past, because to me - that's how he comes across (and clearly quite a few people are of the same opinion). I have no idea if he does have problems with alcohol, nor do I really care. But if he did, and if I knew it and used it to try to get under his skin, well... there's a difference between making an immature comment, and being a complete A-hole. Marc doesn't understand that.

I believe you had a similar situation with another poster about your own divorce a ways back - so I'm sure you can appreciate where I'm coming from.

Now I've put all this out there - let's see who uses it as ammunition. There are a few people here who roll that way.

As I said it's really none of your business anymore than it's mine to question why you react to some posters.

As to Marc - sometimes he does "rile me up" sometimes he doesn't. Most of the time I don't take it particularly seriously. However - seeing as you ask. Marc likes to use people's family and personal situations for his own amusement. I have mentioned in the past:

1) having a parent who has mental health issues - cue many posts from him involving strait jackets, youtube music videos featuring songs titles involving insanity etc etc.

2) having one of my cats die suddenly towards the end of last year - guess what. Post after post from him "How's the kitty".

3) having broken up with my wife (not long after the cat situation) and moved back to the UK (you know more about this than most people here) - guess what... same again.

I have indeed called Marc a drunk in the past, because to me - that's how he comes across (and clearly quite a few people are of the same opinion). I have no idea if he does have problems with alcohol, nor do I really care. But if he did, and if I knew it and used it to try to get under his skin, well... there's a difference between making an immature comment, and being a complete A-hole. Marc doesn't understand that.

I believe you had a similar situation with another poster about your own divorce a ways back - so I'm sure you can appreciate where I'm coming from.

Now I've put all this out there - let's see who uses it as ammunition. There are a few people here who roll that way.

I will tell you that not seeing any of those things above, it comes across like you just have some issue with him and like to call him names. Which I know is unlike you, hence the confusion. I think if this is all played out in public, anyone has the 'right' to truly comment on it because it's out there. I can totally understand personal issues, and yes, in the past, certain people on here used my break up against me. At the time, I was too emotionally drained to 'fight back' so to speak, and iirc, I wound up just leaving VJ over it.

Having said that, Marc, you and I are friends as well, and I think if what 6 is saying is true, then you should be ashamed of yourself for getting so personal and hurtful and hitting so below the belt. There's a point to where the word 'hateful' is used, and to rub personal tragedy in someone's face without regard to how a human being is suffering (despite personality clashes), is completely wrong.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Now I've put all this out there - let's see who uses it as ammunition.
Sincerely sorry to learn belatedly of the losses of your cat and your marriage, si man. Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).