MelissaJulian

How long is it currently taking UK people to get their P3?

43 posts in this topic

What, and sit back and just watch the attacks on my fiancee? Hardly. I'll understand if your Scottish fiance doesn't make an appearance when you are inevitably attacked for daring to stand up to the internet police, but here in England we stand up for our women.

Julian, she's defending Melissa, your love. Making a snide remark about her fiance being Scottish isn't helpful. You can't say remarks like that to the consulate officers at the embassy, btw. This is not being mean at all, but they hold all the cards. They can make your case wait longer just because they get pissed off with you telling you that it needs a little more processing. It's not right and it's not fair. But it happens. Some COs have a God complex and while you shouldn't take any abuse, you don't want to invite any trouble.

Melissa, check out the UK wiki for more info about the London specific consulate. Additionally, you can click on reviews at the top of the page on the right-hand side and look at people's past experiences with the interview.

When you call the department of state (number escaping my mind now), press 1, then 0. Once they have confirmed that London has sent off the packet 3, Julian does not need to wait for it to arrive. He only needs to wait for the fact that London has sent it off, i.e., they are ready to receive it.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Give it a rest, Julian, lest some brawny Scottish he-man march over to London to show you just how they stand up for their women up there.

LOL. I wouldn't say he is brawny...but he's kicked some tail for less. Quite frankly, I don't require he stick up for me. I am not scared to hit people with my own STFU stick ;).

But really? This nonsense is getting old. Quick.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

But really? This nonsense is getting old. Quick.

I'm sorry about this, Jill. :(

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

Timeline

Give it a rest, Julian, lest some brawny Scottish he-man march over to London to show you just how they stand up for their women up there.

Oh dearest Maven, no 'brawny Scottish he-man' has 'marched' further South than Newcastle in over 700 years (after which the 'march' back North was more of a sprint), so I rather think London is safe for now. As for how the Scots stand up for their women, I'm told they only stand when fleecing season rolls 'round. Easier to manipulate the sheers I suppose. (that's a joke people, for the humour-impaired.)

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Completely ignoring the rest of this thread to answer Melissa's completely understandable question:

Melissa,

The NVC sent our case to London on July 12th and it arrived there on the 14th. It wasn't logged into the system in London until July 22nd, so they are running around a week behind, it seems. My Fiance got the P3 letter in the post on the 27th of July.

So, things should start moving more quickly now. I think there are a few others who have had similar experiences recently. One person posted that there was a about a 2 week wait on appointments for the medical, so Julian might want to go ahead and call about that once you have your LND number. That might speed things along as well.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So, things should start moving more quickly now. I think there are a few others who have had similar experiences recently. One person posted that there was a about a 2 week wait on appointments for the medical, so Julian might want to go ahead and call about that once you have your LND number. That might speed things along as well.

Ours was a little closer to three weeks, so the quicker you can get that LND number, the better.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

London received our file on June 12. We were told by the NVS that P3 was mailed on June 25, however my fiancé has never received it. Luckily, we were prepared and went ahead and sent the forms in before we even realized P3 was never going to reach us. Once the NVS confirmed the Embassy's receipt of P3, I waited about a week and called back and was given our interview date.

We did, thankfully, receive P4 in the mail a few days ago.

Best of luck! :star:

Edited by Darren + Heather

03-05-10 NOA1

05-26-10 Received RFE dated 05-21-10 (I forgot to answer a question, grr)

05-26-10 Replied to RFE

06-08-10 NOA2

09-08-10 Interview (187 days from NOA1)

10-05-10 Visa Issued

10-19-10 POE Atlanta

10-28-10 Wedding

05-17-11 AOS Interview APPROVED!! "Green Card" is on it's way.

Happily ever after...

Timeline

Oh thank you guys so much! I have the LND number now and Julian is going to call the doctor tomorrow. :star:

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Taking a note from Marlea's post and ignoring the rest of the thread (but laughing along with Jill and her STFU stick!). :rofl:

Melissa,

The NVC sent our case to London on July 13th. It arrived there on July 16th according to DHL, but was not logged in until July 21st, and P3 was sent out on the same day (about a 4 business day lag). He received it in the post one week later on July 28th, and sent it back with delivery confirmation 2 hours later. We have confirmation it was received in London on Thursday the 29th, but it has yet to be logged into their system according to the DOS. (202-663-1225, press 1 then 0)

Ted1234 said he had an interview date 4 days after returning his P3 forms, so I keep calling every morning to see if the DOS has any new information. Hopefully soon!!

Good luck! :thumbs:

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Timeline
Taking a note from Marlea's post and ignoring the rest of the thread (but laughing along with Jill and her STFU stick!).

Melissa,

The NVC sent our case to London on July 13th. It arrived there on July 16th according to DHL, but was not logged in until July 21st, and P3 was sent out on the same day (about a 4 business day lag). He received it in the post one week later on July 28th, and sent it back with delivery confirmation 2 hours later. We have confirmation it was received in London on Thursday the 29th, but it has yet to be logged into their system according to the DOS. (202-663-1225, press 1 then 0)

Ted1234 said he had an interview date 4 days after returning his P3 forms, so I keep calling every morning to see if the DOS has any new information. Hopefully soon!!

Good luck!

Dodi, I think I am going to call it the STFU Stick of d00m! Everything sounds better with "of d00m!!!!!" added to the end!

On a serious note, our paperwork was logged in at the London Embassy on 7-23-10. The DOS didn't have the information until Friday the 30, and we still do not have an interview date as of yet.

Annoying. However, someone else in this thread had theirs turned in the same week and they received an interview dat of 9-8-10 already, so who knows.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-19-11- EAD Received

Timeline

I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone in this thread (especially Jill!) for your advice. Julian booked his medical and it's in a few weeks, and he has printed out all the forms and has them ready to go. Now I'm just waiting for everything to leave America and go to London -- once that is done I feel like all the excitement really begins! :star:

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Timeline
I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone in this thread (especially Jill!) for your advice. Julian booked his medical and it's in a few weeks, and he has printed out all the forms and has them ready to go. Now I'm just waiting for everything to leave America and go to London -- once that is done I feel like all the excitement really begins!

You are very welcome although the credit goes to Sundrop for making the original post!

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

3-19-11- EAD Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.