Veronik

Interview Next Week

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I know there is probably 50 posts like this one already, but here I am, asking you guys to look over my documents and evidence for my interview next week! I am so excited but very nervous as well! :wacko::dance::wacko:

I also put questions at the end of this, nothing major, but still... Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to reply, you have no idea how reassuring it it! :thumbs:

So here's what's in my filing thingy I'm bringing to the consulate:

- 3 passport pictures (the same used to fill the online form for the P3)

- Every notices received (VSC, NVC, Mtl Consulate)

- Birth certificate, notarized copy, notarized and certified translation

- Police checks, notarized copy for one of them, notarized and certified copy for that same one (the other one, from the

RCMP is in both English and French)

- Letter from Translator with her business card and seal

- Evidence of domicile (copy of passport info, copy of driver's licence, copy of birth certificate, 1 credit card bill)

- Medical enveloppe

- Support form with: Letter from boss, 6 weeks of pay stubs, letters from banks for various accounts, last statement of

these acounts, last 3 years of tax transcripts and W2s

- Letter of intent for each of us

- Copy of P3 and confirmation page

- Co-sponsor documents (will use this only if they say that Chris' income is not sufficient)

- All the originals of the evidence for the support forms

- Copy of I-129F

- Flights info, hotel receipts, car rental receipts, boarding passes for every visit we've made

- Proof of relationship: 6 months worth of phone bills, e-mails, slips for mail sent and/or received and 11 colour photos

- Xpress post enveloppe (the biggest one they had)

Alright, so what do you guys think? Am I missing anything?

And here are some questions:

- In the support form, they ask the petitioner when the visa form was submitted (#10). Should I put down the date we sent the I-129F or the date we received the NOA1?

- When putting down my adress on the X-press post pre-paid enveloppe, do I put down the consulate's adress for sender? If so, do I use the one written on the P4 letter?

Again, thank you so much guys, if VJ didn't exist, I don't know what I'd do!!! :D

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Leave the sender side blank, they with fill it in.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Vero, you had more than one police check done? I received one from teh local police station records check but I was told that I didnt need one through the RCMP as the records check didnt bring up any red flags...??

Timeline

Vero, you had more than one police check done? I received one from teh local police station records check but I was told that I didnt need one through the RCMP as the records check didnt bring up any red flags...??

Haha, you're fine! See, I have a tendency to worry for nothing. So I had a police check done in December 2009, and when I received my interview date, I started freaking out thinking it would be too old, so I got another one done!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

Bonne chance la semaine prochaine! Il faudrait k tu nous disent comment c'était!

C'est sûr!!!

Anyone else can comment/answer on the original post? Thanks again for taking the time to do so!

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I know there is probably 50 posts like this one already, but here I am, asking you guys to look over my documents and evidence for my interview next week! I am so excited but very nervous as well! :wacko::dance::wacko:

I also put questions at the end of this, nothing major, but still... Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to reply, you have no idea how reassuring it it! :thumbs:

So here's what's in my filing thingy I'm bringing to the consulate:

- 3 passport pictures (the same used to fill the online form for the P3)

- Every notices received (VSC, NVC, Mtl Consulate)

- Birth certificate, notarized copy, notarized and certified translation

- Police checks, notarized copy for one of them, notarized and certified copy for that same one (the other one, from the

RCMP is in both English and French)

- Letter from Translator with her business card and seal

- Evidence of domicile (copy of passport info, copy of driver's licence, copy of birth certificate, 1 credit card bill)

- Medical enveloppe

- Support form with: Letter from boss, 6 weeks of pay stubs, letters from banks for various accounts, last statement of

these acounts, last 3 years of tax transcripts and W2s

- Letter of intent for each of us

- Copy of P3 and confirmation page

- Co-sponsor documents (will use this only if they say that Chris' income is not sufficient)

- All the originals of the evidence for the support forms

- Copy of I-129F

- Flights info, hotel receipts, car rental receipts, boarding passes for every visit we've made

- Proof of relationship: 6 months worth of phone bills, e-mails, slips for mail sent and/or received and 11 colour photos

- Xpress post enveloppe (the biggest one they had)

Alright, so what do you guys think? Am I missing anything?

And here are some questions:

- In the support form, they ask the petitioner when the visa form was submitted (#10). Should I put down the date we sent the I-129F or the date we received the NOA1?

- When putting down my adress on the X-press post pre-paid enveloppe, do I put down the consulate's adress for sender? If so, do I use the one written on the P4 letter?

Again, thank you so much guys, if VJ didn't exist, I don't know what I'd do!!! :D

Hey Vero!! Good luck next week, ack can you belive it the time is here!!!

Sounds like you have all that you need all organised! Only difference I see with mine is that I also have utility bills for evidence of domicile. Now this may not even be that important given that typically K1's don't even get asked about domicile proof most times and you already have some proofs. So you will be fine with what you have:)

As for the questions...

-Support form date, I am not sure what date but I would probably place the date it was sent....how long after is your NOA 1 date?

-Leave the sender field on expresspost envelope blank!

Good luck!!!

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Hi Vero,

Looks like you are ready to go. We pretty much have all the similar things that we need. I made copies of everything, but will have the originals with me too.

As for the date at the bottom of the form.. I put the date they received our package. I figured they would know the date they received it rather then the date we sent it???.. We sent our packet out on the 26th of Dec and they received it the 29th..So I put 29th.

Good Question..If anyone else can share what they put, that would be great!!!

But I think i'll just leave it, unless someone else says otherwise.

Best of Luck..I'm sure we will do great...We will See you MONDAY..:D I can just imagine how nervous Rose is right now.. Can't wait to hear her review on Wednesday!!!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

Thanks guys!

So I think I'll leave the date I put in, since I don't feel like printing it all out again... It says date 'submitted', so technically, we submitted it on november 23rd... The NOA1 is dated november 25th... Should be ok, I mean, I don't see that being a big deal...

And, I'll leave the sender's part blank like you said!

Thanks again guys! Can't wait to see how it went for Rose!!!

Timeline

Hi Vero,

You are so prepared!!! You'll do great.

Two 'issues' that came up at my interview today were:

1/ Missing DS-160 printout from my package 3. The only concern with this is the consulate trying to sort through the kinks of their new on-line system. (Me not printing out the pages didn't affect my 7 hour wait!) but I think they like to have the hard copy to review with you. The confirmation page is the most important, but they didn't even ask to see any of my other documents from Package 3.

2/ Proof of petitioner's citizenship. It looks like you have a photocopy of your fiance's passport. Perfect! I panicked a little because I didn't think I had this or needed it, but it turns out my fiance was smart enough to stick a photocopy of his birth certificate into my interview package (:

Despite these concerns, I got approved (:

Also, you only need two passport pictures and they ask for the original of your Criminal check. They don't want photocopies. Only a photocopy of your passport and birth certificate are needed, as well as your originals.

Before my interview, a woman walked through my paperwork with me to clear up any discrepancies and confirm information. It was all very relaxed and she was very understanding about any changes that had been made from the original Package 3 documents (my fiance had his phone number).

They didn't ask for any relationship proof and I felt disappointed afterward because I had spent so much time gathering info! Oh well. At least I can keep all of our photos now!

Also, as soon as I paid my fee at the beginning of the day, I knew I was approved and reminded myself this when the panic set in before my actual interview (7 hours later!!!)

Also,everyone at the consulate is very friendly and welcoming.

You'll do great!

(I guess this is my mini-review). I have more info, for later :bonk:

AOS

POE @ Toronto Pearson - 08/12/10

Civil Ceremony - 08/27/10

Applied for SSN in married name - 09/06/10 (I was told it will take 4 weeks to get the background check cleared and an additional 2 weeks to receive my card)

AOS/EAD/AP sent with FedEx - 09/25/10

E-Notice From Chicago - 10/05/10

I-797C, NOA1 Received - 10/08/10

SSN card received (FINALLY!)- 10/23/10

Biometrics appointment - 10/28/10

EAD Approved - 11/19/10 (USCIS Website Notice)

AP Approved & Received - 11/22/10

EAD Received- 11/23/10

Interview - 02/07/11 APPROVED!

I am now a U.S. Permanent Resident!!

My K1 Journey can be found on the 'About Me' page

Timeline

Thanks Rose416! You've reassured me! I can't wait to read your review!!! Congratulations again, and I'll have a drink for you tonight! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.