Ban Hammer

why the left hates guns

412 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

How would you ban fire? About as easily as you'd ban water I guess :wacko:

I just find it interesting that the US leads the field on these types of mass shooting events by quite some margin. The UK has had 3 in the last 20 years. The US seems to have about 3 a year.

Vermont had ONE in 235 years. And that "mass school shooting" was two people. It was HALF our homocides for that year. There has not been a random killing in Vermont since 2006, not one. And that was a young woman that was strangled by a man's hands after being abducted off the street. Too bad she wasn't carrying a gun like I do. All homocides since then have been the result of negligence (negligent homocide, basically an accident by someone that should know better) or domestic assaults. Not all have been with firearms. The last policeman killed in the line of duty was 1932...car accident. NONE ever killed in the line of duty by firearms. Vermont has NEVER restricted firearms since being made the 14th state.

Please explain why UK has such a high rate of school shootings and homocide compared to Vermont.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Another purpose for which firearms have historically proven to be more efficient than screwdrivers for. But for that I would prefer my M1A or AR15A2. Never use a handgun if you have time to get your hands on a good rifle!

Why'd you bring a gun? Were you expecting trouble?

If I was expecting trouble I would've brought my rifle.

My point was there is no correlation. Feel free to go through every state and show me there is or show me any other data that there is. Or keep feeling free to talk out of your ####

Speaking of talking out of @$$es, I'd love - just once - for one of these "guns are bad" folks to get on here and tell us why Chicago has such a higher rate of gun crime than Vermont.

Someone? Anyone? Feel free to talk out of your @$$.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

My point was there is no correlation. Feel free to go through every state and show me there is or show me any other data that there is. Or keep feeling free to talk out of your ####

Then just say so.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Vermont had ONE in 235 years. And that "mass school shooting" was two people. It was HALF our homocides for that year. There has not been a random killing in Vermont since 2006, not one. And that was a young woman that was strangled by a man's hands after being abducted off the street. Too bad she wasn't carrying a gun like I do. All homocides since then have been the result of negligence (negligent homocide, basically an accident by someone that should know better) or domestic assaults. Not all have been with firearms. The last policeman killed in the line of duty was 1932...car accident. NONE ever killed in the line of duty by firearms. Vermont has NEVER restricted firearms since being made the 14th state.

Please explain why UK has such a high rate of school shootings and homocide compared to Vermont.

Vermont's crime success is due to the fact that it's entire population miniscule, it has a homogenous population, and a large population of hippies.

Cherry picking statistics doesnt get it. Vermont has NO restrictions on firearms and our homocide rate is 0.0000066(that is FOUR homocides in a population of 600,000) That makes us 924 THOUSAND PERCENT more safe than Illinois.

And Vermonts index is 2.7 for the same period. Take some time to learn about indexes.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Timeline

Looks like Vermonters hate the gays too (at least they did four times last year), but not as much as they do in the Land of Lincoln.

So far, making jokes about spelling erros is the best argument for gun control put forward. Way to go, Elm!

PS Oops, I made another one...can you find it and reinforce your argument for gun control?

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You're asking the wrong question. It shouldn'e be how can you ban fire... it should be WHY would you ban fire?

I wouldn't ban fire. It's ridiculous. Why would you?

Are you guys going to ban GPs next? Harold Shipman killed over 100 people. Shouldn't you be working on banning medicine?

Slim - either you're trying (and failing) to crack a joke, or you achieved a truly sublime level of stupidity.

I heard they're trying to replace glass mugs at the pubs with plastic since there are too many heads being bashed in. Just think, someday you may not have electricity or cars because people can use those to harm others with as well.

Some places do have plastic glasses and have done for some time. A lot of US bars have them too. Go figure.

Seems.... or does?

Mass shootings tend to make front page news.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Speaking of talking out of @$$es, I'd love - just once - for one of these "guns are bad" folks to get on here and tell us why Chicago has such a higher rate of gun crime than Vermont.

Someone? Anyone? Feel free to talk out of your @$$.

Seriously Slim? Demographics, population breakdown, poverty, urban dynamics. Take your pick, all are contributing factors

success is due to the fact that it's entire population miniscule, it has a homogenous population,

So we should ban diversity?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Gary - you make a lot of demands but provide nothing of your own. Perhaps you offer some explanations to explain variations in crime rates in different areas.

I'd reevaluate who made themselves look like a fool considering that even a five year would have realized that my post was dripping with sarcasm. Evidently, fuckwits like yourself are so obsessed about attacking people that you miss when someone actually agrees with certain left-wing views.

Thanks for illustrating that you are no better than an uneducated hick though. Then again, that guy at least has a legitimate excuse.

Sarcastic? Perhaps. Who attacked whom? You my good man are a bit of an anger management reject... Typical gun toting dipwad...

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

Vermont's crime success is due to the fact that it's entire population miniscule, it has a homogenous population, and a large population of hippies.

You are arguing that factors OTHER THAN GUN CONTROL are behind crime rates...I agree. Thanks. I suppose you need a cup of tea now and a brief lie down recovery period since we agree on something!

Gary And Alla

Then just say so.

I did Gary in my first paragraph

"If you look at the FBI Uniform Crime Reporting Index you can see that guns really don't appear to change things one way or another in terms of violent crimes. The FBI even mentions as such not indicating firearms as a factor in the volume of crime."

Maybe I wasn't clear. My point was that looking at the UCR you can not find support to claim anti or pro has a clear cut argument in their favor. Maybe there is some data out there to claim such but I don't see it. I chose the states that I did especially in California vs Texas because they are both states with large cities, huge economies, and other similar social factors such as illegal immigration while at the same time being polar opposites in gun laws.

Now because of this assumption I make the argument (maybe I am really reaching) that I be allowed to defend myself as I see fit. If I could carry CCW you bet I would.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

I wouldn't ban fire. It's ridiculous.

So is banning guns.

Slim - either you're trying (and failing) to crack a joke, or you achieved a truly sublime level of stupidity.

Or I've just made an insanely spot-on point that murder rates have everything to do with criminals and nothing to do with the means by which they commit the crime.

Some places do have plastic glasses and have done for some time. A lot of US bars have them too. Go figure.

We can only hope they ban loud music next... to protect our ears.

Mass shootings tend to make front page news.

So does Obama. What's your point?

Seriously Slim? Demographics, population breakdown, poverty, urban dynamics. Take your pick, all are contributing factors

How come guns wasn't listed in there somewhere? Do guns really have nothing to do with it?

Русский форум член.