^_^

Dry carriage?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

* shopping cart – the United States and Canada

* trolley – the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa

* carriage/shopping carriage – New England region of the United States

* buggy – Southern U.S. and Pittsburgh; the latter case often being considered a word related to Pittsburghese

* bascart/basket – various regions

* wagon Hawaii, New England

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shopping_cart

I've never lived in New England but I have been quite a few times and I've never heard carriage. Nevertheless, interesting find Marylin. Thanks.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i found this intreating :lol:

Use as a Weapon

In Australia, the pole on the shopping cart used to push it around is often removed and used as a weapon, known as a "trolley pole". Used in a similar fashion to a baseball bat, the pole is used to club and hit people, and features prominently in gang fights or gang attacks on people. They can cause substantial damage despite their relatively small size and light weight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shopping_cart

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

In Australia, the pole on the shopping cart used to push it around is often removed and used as a weapon, known as a "trolley pole". Used in a similar fashion to a baseball bat, the pole is used to club and hit people, and features prominently in gang fights or gang attacks on people. They can cause substantial damage despite their relatively small size and light weight.

Wow, that's ghetto. Not very gangsta at all. I thought they had money down there?

Grew up in CT and it was definitely a shopping carriage, but it's now a trolley to me after the dozen years I put in at the British salt mines.

For us in the quiet corner we called it a shopping cart. When I moved to FL I was wigged out when everyone called it a buggy!

For us in the quiet corner we called it a shopping cart. When I moved to FL I was wigged out when everyone called it a buggy!

Us shoreline peeps, keepin' it different.cool.gif

All hail the Connecticut Diaspora! Long may we crave our grinders, birch beer and stuffed breads.luv.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I had the same reaction when moving from the Northeast to Texas. :unsure:

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I have heard carriage from my fellow Amurkins too, yes some Northerners. I have always called it a cart even though I grew up in Florida. I have heard wagon from some people here too, who are originally from up north.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Wow, that's ghetto. Not very gangsta at all. I thought they had money down there?

In a recent international study, Australia was ranked #3 in happiness by being beat with a shopping cart pole. The US didn't even make the list as we are moving toward 3rd world status and our shopping carts don't have poles.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

In a recent international study, Australia was ranked #3 in happiness by being beat with a shopping cart pole. The US didn't even make the list as we are moving toward 3rd world status and our shopping carts don't have poles.

That's true. I had to pull my cart around Whole Foods because the poles were all stolen out of the front. Gathering all my organic cheese and pulling the cart down the aisle was very embarrassing. And this is even right by my neighborhood which is filled with mansions. The ghetto is just everywhere these days.

Timeline

I always seem to get the cart with the one wheel that doesn't work right :P

Yeah...one time recently I had the worst wheel. It made an ear piercing screeching noise every few seconds. But I kept using it because I think that day they were low on carts available at the front haha. I was not only torturing myself, but everyone in the store.

Edited by chri'stina