Aleksandra 84

Staying in the US after divorce, please help!

18 posts in this topic

I don't doubt anything you've said. In fact, I've seen the same thing happen in a couple of other relationships (not ones that I was involved in).

However, think about this... Everything was going fine, and then one day your husband cracked without warning and got violent. I'm sure there was an awful lot going through your mind over the next few days, and probably a lot of things you needed to work out. Two days after that first incident, would you have been on an internet forum asking how to get a green card? :whistle:

Totally Agree JimVaPhuong!!!!! :idea:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would like to ask if anyone of you knows if there is a chance for me to stay here, in the US, after divorce?

i didnt even say i wanted to stay here.

it was a strange OP question to ask if you don't want to stay here. So in deference to others without accusing you of anything myself please be understanding of them. If it is general advice, then -

You said he had mental issues, depression being one of them - so bipolar is a thing to suspect if "everything was going fine" during the manic phase and then he went into another depression phase. In the manic phase it is high-energy excitement and drive. A whirlwind romance would fit into that. But there is far too little information to go on in terms of the full symptoms. Anyway, bipolar can be treated but it is something you better be committed to. It is also a possibility for annullment depending on your state laws.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

goldfee - did u come to US on B2 visa and got married?

I think this should clear out all your doubts, when you came u must have closed all your things back home and established a life here, new friend, new job etc.

While that does not seem to be the case with thread starter,got married on B2 and then suddenly things go wrong, it can happen am not saying it cannot happen, but at same time she all out to explorer the ways and means to get Green Card too.

So ppl are definately going to think about her motives.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.