Obama 2012

Are All Liberal Enviros This Mental?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.noimpactdoc.com/index_m.php

I just watched the entire documentary (if you have Netflix you can watch it instantly on there). His blog is even worse than the documentary ( http://noimpactman.typepad.com/ ) in which is spouts the usual hogwash of liberalism and needing an energy bill that forces people to change. Little commie ####### he is....

This guy is by far one of the biggest whackos I have ever seen as a part of the liberal environmental left. Granted, there's plenty that jump on the "omg teh people's are causing the earf to warms ups" bandwagon out there who are pretty out there themselves.

I give him some credit for some of the ideas though to consume less. Everyone can agree that we consume too much and I feel he would have done a better job portraying the need to focus on consuming less, rather than going into the whole EVIL corporate America mantra. The sweet irony is that he lives in a high rise probably owned by said evil and his wife works for a magazine that praises said evil. HA!

One last little note, is this guy is married? He's a damn fruitcake. Another gay guy who won't come out of the closet for whatever reason and gets married, pops out a kid (possibly 2) and tries to fit into 'normalcy' :rolleyes: - I'm always amused though by the women that fall for this. :lol:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

I recall well the article about him in the NYT before the doc was even in the can. Even I, with my sustainability credentials, found him too precious by far.

Yes, Paul, we agree on something. :)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Doesn't the wedb picture show him wearing an acrylic/nylon vest probably stuffed with afake nylon cotton, timberland style boots in which the heavy petroluem based soles are not green friendly not to mention the more than likely nylon/polyester sweater?

Sorry if they are gonna play and preach the part the best look it as well as live it.

I agree we need to begin to do a better job of maintaining our environment, reducing fossil fuel dependency and harnessing natrual ebergies but it can be done with out going whacko.

Fannie Mae Chief Executive Officer Franklin Raines, two of his top underlings and select individuals in the "green" movement were inventing a patented system to trade residential carbon credits.

Patent No. 6904336 was approved by the U.S. Patent and Trade Office on Nov. 7, 2006 -- the day after Democrats took control of Congress. Former Sen. John Sununu, R-N.H., criticized the award at the time, pointing out that it had "nothing to do with Fannie Mae's charter, nothing to do with making mortgages more affordable."

"It wasn't about mortgages. It was about greenbacks. The patent, which Fannie Mae confirmed it still owns with Cantor Fitzgerald subsidiary CO2e.com, gives the mortgage giant a lock on the fledgling carbon trading market, thus also giving it a major financial stake in the success of cap-and-trade legislation."

Note the owner: I couldnt find a pic of it but what the device does is it fits in our wall outlets and is computer controlled to close or open on the whim of the decisions made by an outside source.

http://www.wikipatents.com/US-Patent-6904336/system-and-method-for-residential-emissions-trading/Page-1

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

This is a bombshell, do a search and look up all the cronies involved in the Chicago Carbon Futures Exhcange...it is a world's whos who. Here is more of the piece:

sides Raines, the other "inventors" are:

* Former Fannie Vice President and Deputy General Counsel G. Scott Lesmes, who provided legal advice on Fannie Mae's debt and equity offerings;

* Former Fannie Vice President Robert Sahadi, who now runs GreenSpace Investment Financial Services out of his 5,002-square-foot Clarksburg home;

* 2008 Barack Obama fundraiser Kenneth Berlin, an environmental law partner at Skadden Arps;

* Michelle Desiderio, director of the National Green Building Certification program, which trains "green" monitors;

* Former Cantor Fitzgerald employee Elizabeth Arner Cavey, wife of Democratic donor Brian Cavey of the Stanton Park Group, which received $200,000 last year to lobby on climate change legislation; and

* Jane Bartels, widow of former CO2e.com CEO Carlton Bartels. Three weeks before Carlton Bartels was killed in the Sept. 11 attacks, he filed for another patent on the software used in 2003 to set up the Chicago Climate Exchange.

The patent, which covers both the "cap" and "trade" parts of Obama's top domestic energy initiation, gives Fannie Mae proprietary control over an automated trading system that pools and sells credits for hard-to-quantify residential carbon reduction efforts (such as solar panels and high-efficiency appliances) to companies and utilities that don't meet emission reduction targets. Depending on where the Environmental Protection Agency sets arbitrary CO2 standards, that could be every company in America.

The patent summary describes how carbon "and other pollutants yet to be determined" would be "combined into a single emissions pool" and traded -- just as Fannie's toxic portfolio of subprime mortgages were.

"Fannie Mae earns no money on this patent," communications director Amy Bonitatibus told the Washington Examiner. "We can't conjecture as to the cap-and-trade legislation."

But passage of the legislation would create an artificial, government-mandated, trillion-dollar carbon trading market that would drive up the price of energy, indirectly making housing more expensive.

If the proprietary emissions trading system functions like other exchanges such as the New York Stock Exchange, which makes most of its revenue on listing and trading fees, its owners could see extremely generous profits, especially with a patent that keeps out competition for two decades.

So Fannie Mae, a quasi-governmental entity whose congressionally mandated mission is to make housing more affordable, has been a behind-the-scenes participant in a carbon trading scheme that would do just the opposite.

In January, Europol announced that up to 90 percent of the volume in the European Union's own carbon-trading market was fraudulent, costing EU members $5 billion during the previous 18 months. That would be just the tip of the iceberg if the Congress were to make a similar mistake.

But if it does, thanks to Raines and his fellow "inventors," Fannie Mae will be laughing all the way to the (bailed-out) bank.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/Fannie-Mae-owns-patent-on-residential-_cap-and-trade_-exchange-91532109.html?source=patrick.net#ixzz0lna31Osx

Founders of the exchange and investors include Soros, Sen Lugar, Maurice Strong, Bill Clinton and Al Gore, among others. The Chicago Exchange is intended to dominate the current London Carbon exchange. Obama does not need a second term in office as he has supranational aspirations, apparently.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

trying to make a buck on the movement = idiot = i'd like to see MC punch him out (yes, MC, for added drama)

Well if his motivation is trying to make a buck, maybe he's not such an idiot after all.

If, on other hand, he really believes this "zero impact" nonsense...

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well if his motivation is trying to make a buck, maybe he's not such an idiot after all.

If, on other hand, he really believes this "zero impact" nonsense...

seems you doubt he believes zero impact so trying to make a buck on something he doesn't believe = idiot is what i was thinking.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.