SimAsh

Electorinic Process

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey, All I need some guidance. My wife received this letter in e-mail yesterday. However, before we have received this e-mail I had called NVC yesterday and ask them what was the process to obtain PCC since it was my next step/requirement to send in the DS230 form and other supporting documents. When I spoke to the NVC representative he told me that she can take her NOA2 to receive the PCC. So, I said ok than I will just tell her that. So, today she went to the local police station in India (Mehesana, Gujarat) with NOA2 and they told her that she needs to have LETTER STATING THAT SHE NEEDS POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE (PCC) and of course NOA2 does not say that. However, the letter that she received today states that "Each visa applicant must now complete and submit an Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (Form

DS-230) with supporting civil documents" and the one of the civil document is PCC but how can I convince them that this is what we need the PCC for (I was going to have my wifey print out the list of required civil documents from http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html).

2) The 3rd paragraph in the email says:

"If electronic processing is required or has been chosen for this case all required form(s) and documents MUST be scanned and submitted by e-mail to NVCElectronic@state.gov."

So, does this mean I can scan and email them I864 and DS230 packages? I have already mailed/FedEX my I864 and other supporting documents but not sure now if I am suppose to scan and e-mail it. If so than I would be glad to do it.

One other thing confusing to me is that what is "Translation of NVC Eligibility Letter" under Electronic Processing? Here is the link to http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4407.html Just not clear since the drop down menu on this link only includes ((AKD, GUZ, MEP, MTL).

Also, one last thing when I got my NVC case number the NVC agent/representatvie asked me if I want to communicate through e-mail and I said yes. So, does this mean that I have chosen ELECTRONIC PROCESSING for this case?

My fellow VJ members can you help me here and tell me what I need should do.

Thanks

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF STATE

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

31 ROCHESTER AVE, SUITE 200

PORTS MOUTH, NH 03801-2915

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AXXXX XXXXHAI PAXXX

PETITIONER

2XX.704.XXXX

XXXXVILLE, AL 3580X

*BMB2XXXXXX08X* P3U AOR I-130 UNIVERSAL

July 30, 2010

NVC Case Number: XXXXXX7020XX

Dear Sir/Madam:

You have been designated as attorney of record in the immigrant visa case of SIMXXX XXXI

XXXN. We have received all necessary Immigrant Visa and Affidavit of Support fees for this case. Each visa

applicant must now complete and submit an Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (Form

DS-230) with supporting civil documents. As attorney of record you are responsible to coordinate the

submission. Please go to www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov, open the Applicant Document Processing link and

follow the instructions displayed.

The petitioner, PAXXX, ASHXXX XXXXAI, also must now complete and submit an Affidavit of

Support with supporting financial evidence. As attorney of record you will also receive a letter requesting that

submission. Please go to www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov, open the Affidavit of Support Processing link and

follow the instructions displayed.

If electronic processing is required or has been chosen for this case all required form(s) and documents MUST

be scanned and submitted by e-mail to NVCElectronic@state.gov. For instructions please go to

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov , open the Electronic Processing page and follow the instructions displayed.

--Enter the applicant’s case number in the subject line of the e-mail AND in the upper right-hand corner of

each page of every document before scanning.

--Do not send documents for any other cases attached to the e-mail.

If electronic processing does not apply to this case a legible copy of the enclosed Case Number Barcode Cover

Sheet must be sent with the completed DS-230 and supporting civil documents by postal mail to:

National Visa Center

ATTN: CMR

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

To avoid processing delays when returning documents to the National Visa Center:

--Write the applicant's name in the upper right-hand corner of ALL documents

--DO NOT attach documents for other cases to the Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet

--DO NOT send information for other cases in the same envelope without attaching the appropriate

barcode cover sheet.

Questions

If you have specific questions about a case, please contact the NVC. E-mail is the NVC's preferred method of

communication.E-mail The NVC's e-mail address is nvcattorney@state.gov.

In order to ensure a prompt response:

* The Subject Line of the e-mail should be the relevant NVC Case Number.

* Provide the applicant's name and date of birth and the petitioner's name and date of birth.

* Provide your full name and the name of the law office requesting the information.

* If the petition is employment-based, include the company/organizational name.

* Reference only one case per e-mail.

Legal Questions The Visa Office of the Bureau of Consular Affairs' e-mail address is legalnet@state.gov.

24-hour An automated recorded message system is available twenty-four hours a day,

Information seven days a week to answer case status inquiries (603 334-0700).

Note: This service requires the use of a touch-tone telephone.

Operator Telephone operators are available to respond to more in-depth inquiries

Assistance Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (EST), at (603-334-0700).

Note: This service requires the use of a touch-tone telephone.

Postal Mail National Visa Center

Attn: WC

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

When contacting the NVC about a case, always include the following information:

Name of Visa Applicant: SIMXXX XXXI XXXN

Name of Petitioner: PXXX, ASHXXXX XXXXXHAI

Case Number: XXXXX1070XXX6

Foreign State Chargeability INDIA

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

If a period of one year passes without contact with the NVC (by e-mail, telephone, or mail), all submitted fees

and documents expire and must be resubmitted to reinstate the immigration process.

National Visa Center

Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet

You must return a legible copy of this cover sheet

attached to the front of your completed Application for

Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (Form DS-230) and

supporting civil documents to:

National Visa Center

Attn.: CMR

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

--Failure to return this page will delay your visa.

--Use this cover sheet for this case only.

--Information for any other case(s) being sent in the

same package or envelope must include the cover

sheet for that case.

*XXXXX1070XXX6*

BMB2XXXXXX6

Edited by SimAsh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

There is no Electronic Processing for India. Its only for China, Canada and some other country. You will have to send everything through regular mail.

united-states-flag.gifFallen in Love zzflag008.gif

USCIS Journey:

January 5/2010 - Petition Sent

January 12 - NOA1 Hard Copy

March 15 - Email I-130 Approved

NVC Journey:

March 20 - Mail NOA2 HardCopy

March 20 - NVC Case Number assigned

March 23 - Got NVC Case Number and gave emails

March 25 - Got AOS Bill / DS-3032

March 27 - Emailed DS-3032

March 27 - Paid AOS Bill

March 31 - AOS Bill shows PAID

March 31 - DS-3032 sent by email accepted

April 07 - Paid IV Bill

April 09 - IV Bill shows PAID

April 09 - Sent AOS package via USPS

April 12 - AOS package Delivered and signed by N. Visa Center

April 13 - Sent DS-230 package via USPS

April 14 - DS-230 package Delivered and signed by N. Visa Center

April 16 - N. Visa Center received all documents

April 23 - LIF!!! Sweeet!!! Thank You Bhagvan / inşallah =)

May 18 - Interview date assigned June 22 @ 8:30 am. Thank you Bhagvan again / inşallah =)

June 04 - Wife went for medical and got it done

June 22 - Wife's interview (Missing Bank statement) =(

June 25 - Sent Bank letter to wife

June 29 - Wife got the bank letter and sent it to embassy

July 07 - Wife got visa in hand!! Thank You Bhagvan / inşallah =)

Aug 02 - Wife's POE!!! (Excited) =)

Aug 02 - Picked up my wife at 8:45 pm (Super happy to be with her again) =)

Aug 02/2010 - Lifting of Conditions

**Thank You VJ Family especially sachinky**

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

uhm - no - no Electronic Processing to India.

But do pay attention to those words, please?

IF / OR

are important here. I hope you can see that you don't qualify, yes?

"If electronic processing is required or has been chosen for this case all required form(s) and documents MUST be scanned and submitted by e-mail to NVCElectronic@state.gov."

Is electronic processing required for India ? NO

Did you choose electronic processing already? No

Are you even eligible for Electronic Processing? No.

It's a general formletter, written to cover EP (as well, in addition to) , as they don't seem capable of sending out the OTHER 'proper' email to EP participants these last 3 months. I view it as the output of 'some process streamlining' which really hasn't been streamlined, from an automation / 'email by case-type' scenario.

Now - as to the PCC and 'that' letter that you need. USUALLY, in the past, it was sufficient for the 'checklist letter response' email to be presented for that second PCC in India. Do you have a checklist letter response email, or no?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

uhm - no - no Electronic Processing to India.

But do pay attention to those words, please?

IF / OR

are important here. I hope you can see that you don't qualify, yes?

Is electronic processing required for India ? NO

Did you choose electronic processing already? No

Are you even eligible for Electronic Processing? No.

It's a general formletter, written to cover EP (as well, in addition to) , as they don't seem capable of sending out the OTHER 'proper' email to EP participants these last 3 months. I view it as the output of 'some process streamlining' which really hasn't been streamlined, from an automation / 'email by case-type' scenario.

Now - as to the PCC and 'that' letter that you need. USUALLY, in the past, it was sufficient for the 'checklist letter response' email to be presented for that second PCC in India. Do you have a checklist letter response email, or no?

Darnell - thanks for your response. Yes, you are right those two letter IF/OR words make all the differences. Yes, but now I am clear. Since you mentioned now yes it seems like general formletter/template that NVC use it. It would be too easy if they sent one EP letter to the people who are eligible for EP and one with normal processing procedures but we not going to discuss that. :-)

OK, so about 'checklist letter response' e-mail. I did not receive the checklist e-mail but this is what I got...

here also second line/paragraph states....

"Please visit the Department of State's website above to download a copy of the DS-230 and/or the instructions.:

so, is the "instructions" is my checklist?

Thanks!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

The attorney of record has been withdrawn in the case. Future correspondence pertinent to this case will be directed to the beneficiary or petitioner.

According to our records, your Immigrant Visa Processing Fee payment was made on-line through the Department of State's website: www.ImmigrantVisas.State.Gov, Fee Collection. You must now download and complete the Immigrant Visa Application (DS-230) form and submit it to the NVC in order to complete your immigrant visa processing.

Please visit the Department of State's website above to download a copy of the DS-230 and/or the instructions.

According to our records, your Affidavit of Support Processing Fee payment was made on-line through the Department of State's website: www.ImmigrantVisas.State.Gov, Fee Collection. You must now download and complete the appropriate Affidavit of Support form and submit it to the NVC in order to complete your immigrant visa processing.

Please visit the Department of State's website above to download a copy of the I-864, I-864EZ, I-864A, or I-864W and/or the instructions.

The NVC is resending a duplicate packet. Please allow at least 10-15 business days for the packet to arrive.

If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact with the NVC (by email, telephone or mail), all submitted fees and documents will expire. In that case, your fees will need to be repaid and documents will need to be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

Sincerely,

Lee

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc.

Support Contractor

NVCInquiry@state.gov

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

oh - yer gonna hate this.

the 'checklist letter response'

is only sent out when something is missing.

You won't get it prior to filing the DS-230,

you get it AFTER, when NVC determines that the casefile is missing something.

for a DS-230, specifically yer wife's DS-230 -

she's going to be missing that 2nd PCC,

and it will be listed in the checklist letter response.

IT SHOULD have her name, her case #, and the tickbox for the 2nd PCC, all in one email.

Once it comes in, can print it out, show it to the PCC goons , and they SHOULD issue the 2nd PCC.

a 'checklist letter response' at NVC is similar to an RFE at USCIS -

but

there's different things , different outcomes.

IF all she is missing with her DS-230, after submittal and review,

is that 2nd PCC - then

the casefile MIGHT just go forth, without waiting on her stuff, with the onus on HER,

that she has to show this 2nd PCC on interview day. NVC might just send the casefile to India without the 2nd PCC.

Whew! India is Tough !!! Just wait, until you have to muck around with VFS, that's an additional step that is really stupid.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

oh - yer gonna hate this.

the 'checklist letter response'

is only sent out when something is missing.

You won't get it prior to filing the DS-230,

you get it AFTER, when NVC determines that the casefile is missing something.

for a DS-230, specifically yer wife's DS-230 -

she's going to be missing that 2nd PCC,

and it will be listed in the checklist letter response.

IT SHOULD have her name, her case #, and the tickbox for the 2nd PCC, all in one email.

Once it comes in, can print it out, show it to the PCC goons , and they SHOULD issue the 2nd PCC.

a 'checklist letter response' at NVC is similar to an RFE at USCIS -

but

there's different things , different outcomes.

IF all she is missing with her DS-230, after submittal and review,

is that 2nd PCC - then

the casefile MIGHT just go forth, without waiting on her stuff, with the onus on HER,

that she has to show this 2nd PCC on interview day. NVC might just send the casefile to India without the 2nd PCC.

Whew! India is Tough !!! Just wait, until you have to muck around with VFS, that's an additional step that is really stupid.

Good Luck !

Yeah, No wonder why people choose to come here illegal. :angry:

So, do you think it's ok to go ahead and submitt DS230 with other supporting documents and then they will send me RFE for PCC?

Why are you saying second PCC? Her passport is not older than six month. She got an other passport because she added my name (her husband's last name) on the passport. She also went there to get the PCC but they told her she need to go to her local Police Commissioner's office before they cant do anything. And when she went there the PCC goons said that she need the letter and so on. Thanks Darnell...I am bout to loose it man..it sucks we were trying to get the Sep Interview date but seems like it's going be impossible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.