6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I saw a thread here recently about getting vaccinations at CVS for AOS, and it got me thinking:

It dosent matter where the vaccinations were done, correct? Just that the I-6something form is signed by a CIS approved civil surgeon.

Now, at the interview stage with DOS, i know they gave me a sheet with DOS approved hospitals to get vaccinations done at. Only these locations are acceptable.

Normally this is intended for the CR-1ers. But we have been planning to get my fiancee's shots done here in China, and then go to a CIS surgeon for signature. These US gov't "approved" locations will most certainly be more expensive than a run of the mill Chinese hospital.

So seeing as how we can get the vaccinations done anywhere in the US, and since we're done with the DOS at this point, can we get the vaccinations done at any hospital here so long as we get the proper documentation with it as well?

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

At the medical exam and immunization appointments -

she has a chance, an opportunity,

to purchase an 'International Shot Record'

This is a yellow book, price ranges from 20 to 100 rmb (depending on the clinic)

and each shot that she's given can be transposed into the International Shot Record.

The places for immunizations for immigration, already know how to write in English, supposedly, so the International Shot Record 'entries' will be in English, as well.

There is no extra charge to transpose the shot records , in China, into the International Shot Record.

The International Shot Record is accepted by ALL CIVIL SURGEONS in the USA, when completing the I-693.

It's HER SHOT RECORD, also - hers to keep, forever - she's NEVER to let some one keep it, only to review it, and hand back to her.

errata - I assume

here = in China ,so make sure the entity giving the shots has an 'English Writer' available to make entries into the International Shot Record.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You have the option to get the vaccinations done in China and have the shot record transcribed and bring this with you to the US for the civil surgeon to transcribe to the I-693. OR, you can have the shots done here. I can only speak for our situation with the vaccines required, but Yi had to have the MMR and TdT. They simply asked about chicken pox and wrote "4 years old" on the form. The total cost for the vaccines was $85 plus $50 for the I-693 for a total of $135. Not cheap, but it is finished now. Call around to check prices with the civil surgeons in your area because SOME of them will try to charge a lot more than the typical amount for the transcription.

Oh, be sure to ask for a personal copy of the I-693 because the original will be sealed in an envelope that you can not open.

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Timeline

Thanks guys, but my question is still unanswered (or at least no definite answer was given):

What i meant was, can i go to a doctor in China who's NOT on the list of approved places to get vaccinations done (given by GUZ in P4)?

That is, assuming they can still give me an english international shot record book. I'm just assuming the prices for the 2 shots she needs + the yellow book will be more expensive at an "approved" location, as opposed to any other given hospital. It most certainly is that way for the medical... white books....

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Moonandstar - yes, is ok - with only 1 caveat -

that clinic needs an 'English Writer' there, to write in English, in the yellow book.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Moonandstar - yes, is ok - with only 1 caveat -

that clinic needs an 'English Writer' there, to write in English, in the yellow book.

Ok, thanks!

-Benjamin Franklin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.