45 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Kruz is not my friend. 3 IDIOTS is a recent funny Hindi film--I assume he was referring to that. Your comment of me and him being idiots is clearly name-calling. While I cannot speak for Kruz since I don't know him, I can assure you that I am not one.

I am unaware of where I was critical or self-righteous. I laughed because your OP made me laugh. I thought it was funny. It's as simple as that. You thought I was rude. Well, that's your opinion.

You referred to me as 'he' before so I clarified. But you instead called me a 'jerk.' Nice going.

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

i am well educated with the whole process and i do know that some people get approved without any touches while others get approved after being touched a few times,it's just i saw someone's comment about some mid april filers getting their case touched twice and guessing that they might have called,or called a senator or something,so i thought since some think of that maybe they know that it actually does have a chance to work that is why i wondered if it would!

Thanks for your reply and good luck with your journey :)

My case was 408 days to approval. During that time we never got one touch. As you say others do. A touch means that someone had some contact with a case file. Why some are registered as a touch & some are not I dont know.

Contacting a politician can only be done by the USC. That can be done at any time by using the form found on the poiticians web site. They will not do anything until they have the form. When they do get the form they will have a staff person contact USCIS. That usually produces the same result as you have now. You will be told to wait another 3 months & then inquire again thru normal channels. The only time a politician has any real affect on a case is when there are serious problems. USCIS has staff to deal with the political staff that calls & each side knows they need to placate the USC. The only value in contacting the politicians is in the fact you will feel that you have done everything that you could do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hello :)

i was just wondering if calling the USCIS would result in speeding up our case by having it be touched or they would check it or so?! it could seem like a silly question but if that actually would work then yeah that would be neat! and also when we call what would we tell them or ask them?..Thank you for your replies in Advance :)

I'm terribly sorry, no - 'talking with the USCIS tele-operators' is an endeavor that will end up with you being mostly frustrated. Many long-term members here at VJ call the USCIS Hotline the 'Mis-Information' Line, as for the most part, the information given in 'general calls' is useless. It's read from a script, the Tele-Operators are listening for common 'buzzwords' - they hear a buzzword, flip to a page, and start reading innocuous stuff back to you... 'Wait 30 days', 'Wait 180 days', 'Call Us again in 45 days'... 'Sorry, we don't expedite unless there is medical emergency, a recently split K3/K4 case, natural disaster, or documented humanitarian need'. Sure, they'll look up yer case info on the computer - but -

all they can see is what the 'back room operations' marks in yer casefile. and what's that?

--Receipt Notice Sent

--Casefile in Initial Review

--Casefile approved

--Request for Evidence Sent out to you

--Request for Evidence received from you

--Casefile sent to NVC

--Service Request Initiated

--Results of Service Request

and that's about it. The sub-humans that you speak to, are SO FAR REMOVED from the actual processing of yer casefile, it's not funny.

Now, will calling about yer casefile cause yer casefile to be yanked out of queue, for a Tele-Operator to do an 'eye-ball review' ? Sorry, no.

Will calling and inquiring about casefile status 'speed things along' ? No.

HOWEVER - even with all of that said - there is still some 'social experiment' that you can attempt - and that is - for the US Citizen to request an expedite via email. If you think you have some valid reason for an expedite, then you'll get some positive results. I've read about ppl here filing an email expedite because of recent pregnancy (not pregnant when I-130 was submitted), and when USCIS ERROR got the casefile processing SO FAR OUT OF THE 'published USCIS timelines'.

USUALLY, though, if one is to request an expedite, it's done in the form of a cover letter that is sent in WITH THE I-130 petition, with the initial petition submittal, as well as marking the outside of the envelope 'EXPEDITE' in big red letters. That gets the casefile into an 'Expedite Review Queue', and after about 3 weeks, a determiniation is made to expedite or no.

Whew !

I'm sad to see the 'back and forth' here, in yer topic, but in all honesty - this type of question, USUALLY emits a riotous response. If I saw something like this, I'd do a spew take, mostly say 'NOPE - not useful', then move on, to clean up the mess I made at the keyboard.

I'm sorry you and your husband took some offense to some of the responses, but it is what it is. If you're having emotional reactions at this stage, I do worry about you - as waiting for stuff, prepping and shoving stuff into NVC, has it's OWN LEVEL OF STRESS - and I hope you two are cognizant of that fact. Over time, though, I predict you two will have some thicker skin about stuff here at VJ. IMO, yer response to laughter was extreme, but I recognize it for what it is, and understand it. No worries, here, on my part, really !!

Sachinky is a good egg, truly. Sure, she was a newbie once, as well, bouncing all over the place. After some time, she settled down, dug her heels in, and 'got on with the program', learning ALL ABOUT THIS HEINOUS IMMIGRATION STUFF from reading, asking questions, studying forms, in a 'total immersion' effort. Knowledge acquisition, especially PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE ACQUISITION, can turn each and every one of you into a powerful force. It's still up to you, though, to acquire the knowledge, and put this power to use for yerself. I personally witnessed this transformation with Sachinky - and would recommend ANYONE and EVERYONE to follow her path for knowledge acquisition. Truly.

Now, if you'd like an opposite example of someone truly 'not getting it' - leave a profile comment on my profile, and I'll send you a PM with the member url. Regardless of any answer given, that person refused to have a POSITIVE KNOWLEDGE ACQUISITION experience here at Visa Journey. And it showed.

Happy Friday !!! Whatcha cooking????

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Kruz is not my friend. 3 IDIOTS is a recent funny Hindi film--I assume he was referring to that. Your comment of me and him being idiots is clearly name-calling. While I cannot speak for Kruz since I don't know him, I can assure you that I am not one.

I am unaware of where I was critical or self-righteous. I laughed because your OP made me laugh. I thought it was funny. It's as simple as that. You thought I was rude. Well, that's your opinion.

You referred to me as 'he' before so I clarified. But you instead called me a 'jerk.' Nice going.

I asked a question and you replied with a laugh.Nice going as well

and i would have not even called a jerk,had you not acted like one,as you would notice,i was not saying anything to either of you,until you not only laughed but crossed the lines with implying things by saying words like "naivete" while my husband was simply and politely telling you both that it was not nice how you acted,yet you had to defend your actions with saying things like it's a free country and so on!...then telling me i needed to learn to take some sarcasm,then you both need to be mature and admit you were wrong!Cause you were,being in a free country doesn't mean you have the right to hurt people's feelings!Whatever though!I'm done with this post anyway!

Edited by lovesherhubby

Timeline

I'm terribly sorry, no - 'talking with the USCIS tele-operators' is an endeavor that will end up with you being mostly frustrated. Many long-term members here at VJ call the USCIS Hotline the 'Mis-Information' Line, as for the most part, the information given in 'general calls' is useless. It's read from a script, the Tele-Operators are listening for common 'buzzwords' - they hear a buzzword, flip to a page, and start reading innocuous stuff back to you... 'Wait 30 days', 'Wait 180 days', 'Call Us again in 45 days'... 'Sorry, we don't expedite unless there is medical emergency, a recently split K3/K4 case, natural disaster, or documented humanitarian need'. Sure, they'll look up yer case info on the computer - but -

all they can see is what the 'back room operations' marks in yer casefile. and what's that?

--Receipt Notice Sent

--Casefile approved

--Casefile sent to NVC

and that's about it. The sub-humans that you speak to, are SO FAR REMOVED from the actual processing of yer casefile, it's not funny.

Now, will calling about yer casefile cause yer casefile to be yanked out of queue, for a Tele-Operator to do an 'eye-ball review' ? Sorry, no.

Will calling and inquiring about casefile status 'speed things along' ? No.

HOWEVER - even with all of that said - there is still some 'social experiment' that you can attempt - and that is - for the US Citizen to request an expedite via email. If you think you have some valid reason for an expedite, then you'll get some positive results. I've read about ppl here filing an email expedite because of recent pregnancy (not pregnant when I-130 was submitted), and when USCIS ERROR got the casefile processing SO FAR OUT OF THE 'published USCIS timelines'.

USUALLY, though, if one is to request an expedite, it's done in the form of a cover letter that is sent in WITH THE I-130 petition, with the initial petition submittal, as well as marking the outside of the envelope 'EXPEDITE' in big red letters. That gets the casefile into an 'Expedite Review Queue', and after about 3 weeks, a determiniation is made to expedite or no.

Whew !

I'm sad to see the 'back and forth' here, in yer topic, but in all honesty - this type of question, USUALLY emits a riotous response. If I saw something like this, I'd do a spew take, mostly say 'NOPE - not useful', then move on, to clean up the mess I made at the keyboard.

I'm sorry you and your husband took some offense to some of the responses, but it is what it is. If you're having emotional reactions at this stage, I do worry about you - as waiting for stuff, prepping and shoving stuff into NVC, has it's OWN LEVEL OF STRESS - and I hope you two are cognizant of that fact. Over time, though, I predict you two will have some thicker skin about stuff here at VJ. IMO, yer response to laughter was extreme, but I recognize it for what it is, and understand it. No worries, here, on my part, really !!

Sachinky is a good egg, truly. Sure, she was a newbie once, as well, bouncing all over the place. After some time, she settled down, dug her heels in, and 'got on with the program', learning ALL ABOUT THIS HEINOUS IMMIGRATION STUFF from reading, asking questions, studying forms, in a 'total immersion' effort. Knowledge acquisition, especially PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE ACQUISITION, can turn each and every one of you into a powerful force. It's still up to you, though, to acquire the knowledge, and put this power to use for yerself. I personally witnessed this transformation with Sachinky - and would recommend ANYONE and EVERYONE to follow her path for knowledge acquisition. Truly.

Now, if you'd like an opposite example of someone truly 'not getting it' - leave a profile comment on my profile, and I'll send you a PM with the member url. Regardless of any answer given, that person refused to have a POSITIVE KNOWLEDGE ACQUISITION experience here at Visa Journey. And it showed.

Happy Friday !!! Whatcha cooking????

Thanks so much for your reply Darnell :) Happy Friday to you too,lol :)and abouttt cooking,not very good at that,lol :whistle:

Edited by lovesherhubby

--Receipt Notice Sent

--Casefile approved

--Casefile sent to NVC

sorry to hijack the thread and for posting out of topic but....THERE'S SOMEBODY LOWER ON THE LIST THAN IRS?!?!?!?!...lol. at least the IRS toll free number people can examine documents. but that's a different forum altogether

ok...but on to the topic at hand. agree with Darnell about those people in that toll free number just being drones. i've called them a few times over the past month regarding my case and got off the phone with them thinking #######?!?! honestly got more info looking and reading through this forum than getting an honest answer from them.

I-130 for wife and kids

---------------------------------------------

02/11/2010: I-130 as an LPR mailed certified

02/25/2010: Recvd letters-I-130s was recvd

06/17/2010: Oathtaking - Became a US Citizen

06/21/2010: Called USCIS to let them know to update my I-130 from an LPR petition to a USC petition.

06/25/2010: Case for both sons Touched

06/28/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Oldest son)

06/30/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Wife & youngest son)

07/19/2010: G-325A returned. Incomplete.

07/30/2010: Completed G-325A mailed back via certified mail

08/04/2010: Certified mail delivered at Laguna Niguel

08/07/2010: Touched - UCSIC received reply to RFE

08/13/2010: I-130 APPROVED!!! (recvd email update)

NVC JOURNEY

08/20/2010: NVC recvd I-130 and case number assigned

09/01/2010: Recvd AOS fee bill & DS-3032 via email

09/02/2010: Paid AOS fee & DS-3032 sent back via email

09/13/2010: AOS packet mailed via UPS

09/15/2010: AOS signed for by NVC. IV fee for wife & kids ready.

10/07/2010: Per AVR/NVC - Need to correct I864W for kids

10/11/2010: DS-230 packet & corrected I-864W sent to NVC via UPS

10/15/2010: Recvd and signed for by NVC

11/02/2010: NVC online fee payment portal SIF. NVC adviced that final stages of review.

11/03/2010: AVR - APPLICATION COMPLETED!!

11/10/2010: Medical...1st day at St. Luke's

11/12/2010: Pick up results for Medical - PASSED!

11/16/2010: USEM interview scheduled on 12/14/10

12/14/2010: VISAS APPROVED!!!!

12/20/2010: Visas received

02/22/2011: Cali bound

Timeline

Gee, Darnell, you flatter me terribly. :luv:

More power to the Green Crayon!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

unfortunately nothing is perfect , Sachinky i don't think indians have your sense of humor but the good sense of humor is when people appreciate it , but nobody wants those answers ,is like ur making fun of people and it's not funny, this forum is made to respect and help each other because the majority of us are living far from their loved ones.we are not teenagers Sachinky if its the case for you , you have to be more mature.

About the question ,through our experience i do think that calling uscis to make the process faster is really useless unfortunately , calling Uscis is made for people that they don't have internet access so that they can check the status by phone ,, no more than that. Good luck for everybody

Filed: Timeline

hello :)

i was just wondering if calling the USCIS would result in speeding up our case by having it be touched or they would check it or so?! it could seem like a silly question but if that actually would work then yeah that would be neat! and also when we call what would we tell them or ask them?..Thank you for your replies in Advance :)

This is about the jist of it.

However, USCIS customer service remains a challenge.

Despite substantial resources devoted to customer service

and dedicated personnel, individuals and employers

frequently report to the Ombudsman that they are unable

to obtain the information sought or resolve case matters

through regular USCIS customer service avenues. Those

contacting the Ombudsman report particular frustration

with the initial layer of service provided through the NCSC,

which is composed of contractors reading scripts in response

to caller questions. In this section, the Ombudsman

makes recommendations to add value to the customer

experience with the NCSC.

163 The Ombudsman does not address INFOPASS in this year’s report,

The whole transcript can be found at;

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=cef92ae07ba89210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=e7801c2c9be44210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Timeline

unfortunately nothing is perfect , Sachinky i don't think indians have your sense of humor but the good sense of humor is when people appreciate it , but nobody wants those answers ,is like ur making fun of people and it's not funny, this forum is made to respect and help each other because the majority of us are living far from their loved ones.we are not teenagers Sachinky if its the case for you , you have to be more mature.

Thank you so much for your insight into my personality, sense of humor and level of maturity. NOT.

And I'm not sure where I said 'all Indians have my sense of humor' so I don't know what to do with that redundant comment of yours.

event.png

Timeline

I asked a question and you replied with a laugh.Nice going as well

and i would have not even called a jerk,had you not acted like one,as you would notice,i was not saying anything to either of you,until you not only laughed but crossed the lines with implying things by saying words like "naivete" while my husband was simply and politely telling you both that it was not nice how you acted,yet you had to defend your actions with saying things like it's a free country and so on!...then telling me i needed to learn to take some sarcasm,then you both need to be mature and admit you were wrong!Cause you were,being in a free country doesn't mean you have the right to hurt people's feelings!Whatever though!I'm done with this post anyway!

Ah, he is your husband, that makes more sense now. I was like, 'what's up with this dude?' -- sure he feels the need to defend you and be chivalrous --- always commendable -- but since I'm over this topic, I cannot summon the will to reply to his private messages. And no, imo, your husband was not 'polite' or 'nice' in his chastisement either.

Frankly, if you think my use of the word 'naivete' was 'crossing the line,' then I've got news. A free public forum is not the place for you. Time to get a thicker skin or your 'feelings' will continue to be hurt.

FYI, for the record, your question WAS extremely naive. That is not an opinion, it is a fact. You may not get that now, but one can only hope you will see the humor in it another six to eight months, once you're through this hellish journey.

Anyway, you asked a question. I found it funny. You did not. Moving on - have a nice weekend.

event.png

Timeline

Ah, he is your husband, that makes more sense now. I was like, 'what's up with this dude?' -- sure he feels the need to defend you and be chivalrous --- always commendable -- but since I'm over this topic, I cannot summon the will to reply to his private messages. And no, imo, your husband was not 'polite' or 'nice' in his chastisement either.

Frankly, if you think my use of the word 'naivete' was 'crossing the line,' then I've got news. A free public forum is not the place for you. Time to get a thicker skin or your 'feelings' will continue to be hurt.

FYI, for the record, your question WAS extremely naive. That is not an opinion, it is a fact. You may not get that now, but one can only hope you will see the humor in it another six to eight months, once you're through this hellish journey.

Anyway, you asked a question. I found it funny. You did not. Moving on - have a nice weekend.

Everybody else moved on almost a week ago. Take your egotism somewhere else. :)

05-??-2007 - met eachother online

07-02-2008 - decided we would be together one day

08-14-2009 - flew out to Egypt to see her

08-20-2009 - we were engaged

02-03-2010 - flew out to Egypt to see my fiance

02-07-2010 - we were married, at last!

08-16-2010 - flew out to Egypt to visit my wife (beach resort!)

--

04-19-2010 - I-130 package sent to Chicago

04-28-2010 - Check cashed

05-01-2010 - NOA1 received (dated for 4/26/2010)

10-19-2010 - I-130 approved!

Timeline

Sorry, it took me almost a week to post. As it is, I happen to have a life outside of VJ which prevents me from always responding on time - not that I was aware there were deadlines in place.

Edited by sachinky

event.png

Timeline

Sorry, it took me almost a week to post. As it is, I happen to have a life outside of VJ which prevents me from always responding on time - not that I was aware there were deadlines in place.

lol

05-??-2007 - met eachother online

07-02-2008 - decided we would be together one day

08-14-2009 - flew out to Egypt to see her

08-20-2009 - we were engaged

02-03-2010 - flew out to Egypt to see my fiance

02-07-2010 - we were married, at last!

08-16-2010 - flew out to Egypt to visit my wife (beach resort!)

--

04-19-2010 - I-130 package sent to Chicago

04-28-2010 - Check cashed

05-01-2010 - NOA1 received (dated for 4/26/2010)

10-19-2010 - I-130 approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.