Trumplestiltskin

A pictoral representation of VJ

115 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It is virtually impossible to analyze or interpret a member’s contextual intention. The average reader would have the same issue. To you it may have made sense, but to others, it appeared to be a personal attack. If it appears to be a TOS violation, we treat it as such.

It's fairly easy to get the context of the thread if you actually read forums on a more regular basis rather than just show up once in a while and hand out drive by bans. Maybe if you read forums more, you'd see what goes on and the banter between people. Besides, how could it be a ToS if it wasn't a direct insult to anyone? It was a comment made in jest, not directed at anyone in particular.

It's fairly easy to get the context of the thread if you actually read forums on a more regular basis rather than just show up once in a while and hand out drive by bans. Maybe if you read forums more, you'd see what goes on and the banter between people. Besides, how could it be a ToS if it wasn't a direct insult to anyone? It was a comment made in jest, not directed at anyone in particular.

Do you get the feeling that statement fell on deaf ears?

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

I read in every day and fully understand what is going on with this site.... And yes, it was a direct attack with the target name in the front. I will not debate this any further.

Timeline

I read in every day and fully understand what is going on with this site.... And yes, it was a direct attack with the target name in the front. I will not debate this any further.

That's blatantly incorrect. Sorry, but Teela was a character on He-Man the cartoon, not a user on this site. Seriously, you didn't know that?

rolleyes.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Just stopping in... I want to note that all the mods try their best and are here to look out for the best interest of the VJ community. Fairness is the #1 rule but making everyone happy all the time is unfortunately impossible. So is being perfect but we do try. I apologize if you feel a mod was unfair and I hope that you can understand that a best effort was and will be made by the team when we evaluate TOS issues.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

That's blatantly incorrect. Sorry, but Teela was a character on He-Man the cartoon, not a user on this site. Seriously, you didn't know that?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

Just stopping in... I want to note that all the mods try their best and are here to look out for the best interest of the VJ community. Fairness is the #1 rule but making everyone happy all the time is unfortunately impossible. So is being perfect but we do try. I apologize if you feel a mod was unfair and I hope that you can understand that a best effort was and will be made by the team when we evaluate TOS issues.

I know they try their best, but I got a 1 day suspension because William33 thought that Teela was a member, and not a character on He-Man the cartoon from the 1980's. He proclaimed that he does read forums regularly and does know whats going on, but clearly, if he banned me without knowing the context of the comment, he doesn't. Maybe it's time to get more active moderators in here.

I would like to appeal the ban, i know i served it already, but i would not like it to count against me the next time something happens.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For clarification, the moderator action was not because of the "Teela" character - it was for personal attacks on a known and named VJ member. I concur that the moderator action was valid for the circumstances

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

For clarification, the moderator action was not because of the "Teela" character - it was for personal attacks on a known and named VJ member. I concur that the moderator action was valid for the circumstances

Well, that is very convoluted because the post he deleted and linked to in the email I was sent was for the Teela comment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Rob, I will send you a copy of that post via PM so you will see that there was more to it than that.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Could I get a link to a screenshot of the actual post?

Methinks ol slim here is trying to suggest that Teela would be FSU chick. Teela was definitely Amurikan, and for you to suggest otherwise is anti-american. You should go join soviet russia slim, you effing commie.

The bolded was the issue....

I know they try their best, but I got a 1 day suspension because William33 thought that Teela was a member, and not a character on He-Man the cartoon from the 1980's. He proclaimed that he does read forums regularly and does know whats going on, but clearly, if he banned me without knowing the context of the comment, he doesn't. Maybe it's time to get more active moderators in here.

I would like to appeal the ban, i know i served it already, but i would not like it to count against me the next time something happens.

Maybe they'll ban you again. :devil:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015