Joint Sponser I864 form

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

============

Background:

============

- My sister (US Citizen) is filling for the greencard for my parents.

- Her individual income is zero.However she files taxes with her husband who make a six figure salary and going above the poverty income requirements is not a problem.

The catch from last 2 years he is working in India.They do have US domicle (meaning they maintain a US resisdence-they have a house which is rented at the moment) and are also on my lease as partime residents at home.

- Since my sisters income is zero,I want to be the joint sponser.I am a green card holder and work and stay in US.

============

My question:

============

(a) On the affidivit of support I-864 my sister makes,she puts her individual income as zero?

(b) Since her husband income is in India ,I dont want him to do a I-864A form but me do a I-864 form showing I am the joint sponser (my income is plenty).Is this OK ?

© When I show my sister individual income is zero,but since she does taxes with him jointly,in the later part of the affidivit where you have to mention the gross income from taxes,there is a big income number.... do you think that looks OK ? and she still having a joint sponser although her huby and she can meet the income requirements ?

(d) Beside the fact her income is in india,she and her huby has not filled for taxes of 2009 and but just made a extension till oct15 2010 because the indian company did not give him his indian equivalnet of w2 form.If she explains this with the extension form,do you think INS will still care and issue a RFE even when we are saying her income is zero and I am being the joint sponser who has all the tax info available for all years ?

What should I do to make sure tht my fianncials are looked upon and not hers.

Vik

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.