pinaypride

Does anyone know any online dating sites where you can meet Americans looking for a wife in the Philippines.

95 posts in this topic

I would say this post is quite inappropriate to openly advertise oneself to act as a fixer for a relationship.

This totally voids the very reason of finding a true love.

You can't bring everybody in the United States just because they are a member of your family or a friend especially sending them to a dating site to meet an American.

This is one from countless reasons why we usually get judged by other people or race that we find someone to use as a ticket to the United States.

I'm not trying to bring them here. I'm trying to find someone who will be interested in dating Filipina. Yes, people will judge you and give you wrong impression. Especially people who don't think. Just like you. But yes we have to accept that fact. Some people are haters.

You can think whatever you wanna think but like I said to the person who ACCUSED ME that I'm NOT in-love with my husband and I just used him to get a GC (which got deleted, I dunno who did that), I am happy with my life not because I'm here in America, but because I'm with the person who loves me, takes good care of me, treats like his queen, doesn't cheat on me, appreciates me and he's not ugly, he's handsome and smart, plus I have 2 jobs, I have an amazing friends and awesome family! My life in the Philippines was ok, I had my own car, a small business and a nice job that pays good, but I chose to be with my husband here, not because I like America.....BUT BECAUSE I WANNA BE WITH THE PERSON WHO TRULY LOVES ME! I want them to be happy too that;s why I'm helping them. But I'm not gonna force them if they don't wanna do it. And don't worry, we are not losers. They will marry the one they love, one who will treat them good and will take care of them. And not because they can bring them here, but because they're in-love!

Ya but you are not letting your sister and BF have that chance or maybe happiness for you comess from finding true love IN AMERICA.

Hey, they're not stupid, they have their own minds and will make their own decisions, I'm just asking for a good site.... Cause I know most Filipinos here met their husband online. I am not gonna make an account for them and tell them "hey I found the guy for you, marry him!". Hello..... Yeah, I'll suggest them to go on a dating site. But it's up to them if they wanna do it. Maybe they will be lucky just like other Filipinos. I shouldn't have used the word "TRYING TO FIND FOR THEM" because some people "who don't think" misinterpret it.

Where did the original poster say anything about anyone trying to "use us American citizens" "just to get them to the States?" Are you assuming the sister and the friend are not looking for love? Even if the sister and the friend are seeking both love and economic opportunity, is there something wrong with that? Sheesh... :blink:

I know right? we'll some people are judgmental! We can't avoid them!

Thank you Tahoma! ;)

Ya but you are not letting your sister and BF have that chance or maybe happiness for you comess from finding true love IN AMERICA.

Where did the original poster say that her sister and friend were not looking for love in other places? :blink:

Did it ever occur to you that the OP is simply adding something extra to the menu?

Where did the original poster say anything about anyone trying to "use us American citizens" "just to get them to the States?" Are you assuming the sister and the friend are not looking for love? Even if the sister and the friend are seeking both love and economic opportunity, is there something wrong with that? Sheesh... :blink:

I know right? we'll some people are judgmental! We can't avoid them!

Thank you Tahoma! ;)

Crab mentality has no borders. :bonk:

I wish your sister and friend all the best on their journey to find love and happiness. :star:

Filed: Timeline

Does anyone know any online dating sites where you can meet Americans.

I am Filipino and I'm married to a Filipino-American.

I'm trying to find a boyfriend for my sister and for my best friend.

I moved here in the U.S. last year and I already have my GC (conditional).

Just wonderin' if anyone here knows a good dating site? ;)

Hope I don't sound desperate! haha!

Thank you! ;)

Sounds pretty desperate to me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:bonk: be nice.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

I just do not understand why she has to step in and get them sites to meet Americans. They can do it themselves if they want to. They do have minds of their own, right? The whole 'trying to find them American boyfriends' does sound like 'I will find them love and true happiness' only in AMERICA>

:bonk: be nice.

Come on charles, its just a discussion. Nothing nasty has been said by anyone to anyone.

I just do not understand why she has to step in and get them sites to meet Americans. They can do it themselves if they want to. They do have minds of their own, right? The whole 'trying to find them American boyfriends' does sound like 'I will find them love and true happiness' only in AMERICA>

Come on charles, its just a discussion. Nothing nasty has been said by anyone to anyone.

Ummm ok, you don't understand. I'm not gonna make an account for them and then tell them "hey here's ur American man! Thank me coz I found the man for you!" Hello??? maybe I should have said I'm trying to help them find a dating site instead of trying to find them" Well, sorry my English isn't perfect!! Yes, they can do it themselves if they want to. But I notice most Filipinos here met their husband online. That's why I made that post. Plus they find Americans handsome, sincere and one woman man, ! What's wrong with that? They also deserve to be happy and find happiness. Don't be selfish! And most of all don't be judgmental!

Edited by pinaypride

I think the reason why some people here "misinterpreted" your question is because you specified that you are looking for sites where you can meet AMERICANS. You should have just stated : Looking for online dating sites where you can meet people that might lead up to LOVE. Not look for Americans looking for a wife in the Philippines. Also, another statement you made that made others suspicious is this : " I moved here in the U.S. last year and I already have my GC (conditional)." What is the connection between looking for love for your sister and friend and mentioning that you got here last year and you got a conditional GC?

I'm not hating or and most of all being judgemental ok. :)

Thank you! ;)

1997- met in Highschool (philippines)

2004 - andrea migrated to U.S.

2005 - visited then b.f.

2007 - MARRIED

2008 - visited now husband in philippines

jULY 24, 2009 - andrea got her U.S. Citizenship

july 30,2009- I130 received

august 2009- VISITED hubby

sept 14, 2009- I130 approved

november 12, 2009 -case complete

december 14, 2009- interview -APPROVED!!!!

just because the relative/friend is looking for an american love...does not automatically mean the ulterior motive is to get to America. for the most part yeah...but couldn't we give these people the benefit of the doubt? we don't know...maybe her sister is looking for an american and may ask him to move to the philippines where she is at.

there's a lot of accusing fingers going around...but all i gotta say...the females (even males) that married an american/american citizen...how did you feel when another person said that you just married your spouse to get to America? you know the reason why you married an american (citizen) is because of true love...but it still hurts that other people judged right?

give the OP's sister/friend the benefit of the doubt.

I-130 for wife and kids

---------------------------------------------

02/11/2010: I-130 as an LPR mailed certified

02/25/2010: Recvd letters-I-130s was recvd

06/17/2010: Oathtaking - Became a US Citizen

06/21/2010: Called USCIS to let them know to update my I-130 from an LPR petition to a USC petition.

06/25/2010: Case for both sons Touched

06/28/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Oldest son)

06/30/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Wife & youngest son)

07/19/2010: G-325A returned. Incomplete.

07/30/2010: Completed G-325A mailed back via certified mail

08/04/2010: Certified mail delivered at Laguna Niguel

08/07/2010: Touched - UCSIC received reply to RFE

08/13/2010: I-130 APPROVED!!! (recvd email update)

NVC JOURNEY

08/20/2010: NVC recvd I-130 and case number assigned

09/01/2010: Recvd AOS fee bill & DS-3032 via email

09/02/2010: Paid AOS fee & DS-3032 sent back via email

09/13/2010: AOS packet mailed via UPS

09/15/2010: AOS signed for by NVC. IV fee for wife & kids ready.

10/07/2010: Per AVR/NVC - Need to correct I864W for kids

10/11/2010: DS-230 packet & corrected I-864W sent to NVC via UPS

10/15/2010: Recvd and signed for by NVC

11/02/2010: NVC online fee payment portal SIF. NVC adviced that final stages of review.

11/03/2010: AVR - APPLICATION COMPLETED!!

11/10/2010: Medical...1st day at St. Luke's

11/12/2010: Pick up results for Medical - PASSED!

11/16/2010: USEM interview scheduled on 12/14/10

12/14/2010: VISAS APPROVED!!!!

12/20/2010: Visas received

02/22/2011: Cali bound

Thank you! ;)

Which part of "haha!" sounds desperate to you?

Ummm ok, you don't understand. I'm not gonna make an account for them and then tell them "hey here's ur American man! Thank me coz I found the man for you!" Hello??? maybe I should have said I'm trying to help them find a dating site instead of trying to find them" Well, sorry my English isn't perfect!! Yes, they can do it themselves if they want to. But I notice most Filipinos here met their husband online. That's why I made that post. Plus they find Americans handsome, sincere and one woman man, ! What's wrong with that? They also deserve to be happy and find happiness. Don't be selfish! And most of all don't be judgmental!

just because the relative/friend is looking for an american love...does not automatically mean the ulterior motive is to get to America. for the most part yeah...but couldn't we give these people the benefit of the doubt? we don't know...maybe her sister is looking for an american and may ask him to move to the philippines where she is at.

there's a lot of accusing fingers going around...but all i gotta say...the females (even males) that married an american/american citizen...how did you feel when another person said that you just married your spouse to get to America? you know the reason why you married an american (citizen) is because of true love...but it still hurts that other people judged right?

give the OP's sister/friend the benefit of the doubt.

:thumbs::thumbs: Good points!

Also...

Why wouldn't Filipinas look for an American guy? Anyone with a basic understanding of Filipino culture and history knows about the deep connection between the two countries.

There are Filipinas here on VJ who have taken a step down the economic ladder in order to be together with their husband or fiancé in America.

The divorce rate here in the U.S. is around 50%. I'll bet that Fil-Am couples stay together better than that.

pinaypride, I never accused you of anything. As I said, "I hope you sister and your friend won't look at an American guy as a ticket to the States". That means I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I even mentioned the test and said to go for it. Sheeesh Luis!

Your intial post just really sounded suspicious that's why people started assuming things. I think this wouldn't be a flame bait if you did not state that you just got to the US and got your greencard.

You made it seem like, "Hey, I just got my greencard and I want to my friend and sister to come to the US too. Do you know where they can find Americans online?" Sounds suspicious to me. Still, I did not accuse you of anything. Relaks lang... =)

Met August 8, 2007 through a common friend
Officially a couple October 2, 2007
Married November 2008
------------------------------------------
USCIS
02/09/2010 - Receipt date on NOA1
02/16/2010 - Notice date (NOA1)
02/24/2010 - Received NOA1 in mail
04/20/2010 - Notice date (NOA2) APPROVED PETITION!
04/27/2010 - Received NOA2 in mail

NVC
04/28/2010 - AOS Bill generated
05/06/2010 - Received AOS Bill and DS-3032 in mail (New York)
05/20/2010 - Sent DS-3032 via email
05/21/2010 - Received DS-3032 form in mail (Philippines)
05/21/2010 - Paid AOS fee online
05/25/2010 - AOS fee shows PAID
05/25/2010 - NVC acknowledges DS-3032 email
05/26/2010 - IV fee generated
05/31/2010 - Paid IV fee
06/02/2010 - IV fee shows PAID
08/17/2010 - Sent AOS and DS-230 papers via 3-day air
08/25/2010 - NVC received the documents as per NVC IVR
09/18/2010 - Received checklist for I-864 forms
10/22/2010 - Sent RFE response
11/04/2010 - NVC received checklist response letter
11/14/2010 - SIF!!!! Yaaayyy!!
11/22/2010 - CC as per AVR
11/30/2010 - Received appointment letter
12/07/2010 - Medicals Day 1
12/08/2010 - Medicals Day 2 - PASSED!!!
01/04/2011 - Interview...APPROVED!!!
01/07/2011 - Received VISA
01/19/2011 - CFO Seminar
01/24/2011 - POE JFK =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.