pinaypride

Does anyone know any online dating sites where you can meet Americans looking for a wife in the Philippines.

95 posts in this topic

My husband Rick and I met through eHarmony.com :-)

Does anyone know any online dating sites where you can meet Americans.

I am Filipino and I'm married to a Filipino-American.

I'm trying to find a boyfriend for my sister and for my best friend.

I moved here in the U.S. last year and I already have my GC (conditional).

Just wonderin' if anyone here knows a good dating site? ;)

Hope I don't sound desperate! haha!

Thank you! ;)

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my two cents...

we found our happiness in life. and it doesn't matter how we found them. who are we to deny somebody else that same happiness? just because it's from a dating site, does not mean that a healthy relationship will not come out of it.

My husband and I did not met on a dating site, But you have best the post here :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you! ;)

It's too bad your friends are only interested in "Americans". I have female workmates (software engineers) based in Makati who are married to Filipinos or have Filipino BFs. They come to work here in California for 1-2 year periods, and don't care to stay. I also have friends in the provinces who want to come here, but their BFs are Filipino-Americans or Filipinos from their place. Neither are interested in dating the archetype "American" that so many Filipinas online seem to search for. So I'm curious to know why some Filipino women only like those type of guys.

Anyway, good luck in your search. I have some friends who are single and would be open to dating Filipinas, but they've told me before that they are turned off by women who want to date them just because they're white. I'm also not interested in dating women with those "preferences". So my tip would be to not advertise that fact if the intent is to "hook" an American citizen for the purpose of immigration.

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

Thank you! ;)

It's too bad your friends are only interested in "Americans". I have female workmates (software engineers) based in Makati who are married to Filipinos or have Filipino BFs. They come to work here in California for 1-2 year periods, and don't care to stay. I also have friends in the provinces who want to come here, but their BFs are Filipino-Americans or Filipinos from their place. Neither are interested in dating the archetype "American" that so many Filipinas online seem to search for. So I'm curious to know why some Filipino women only like those type of guys.

Anyway, good luck in your search. I have some friends who are single and would be open to dating Filipinas, but they've told me before that they are turned off by women who want to date them just because they're white. I'm also not interested in dating women with those "preferences". So my tip would be to not advertise that fact if the intent is to "hook" an American citizen for the purpose of immigration.

Move along folks...it's just another troll attempting to stir up trouble where there is none. Please notice how the troll is the only one who is making an issue of skin color. The troll doesn't care to know that, in this forum, Filipinas are engaged to, or are married to, Americans of different races, ethnicities, and skin colors.

Also, please notice the passive-aggressive manner in which the troll attempts to stereotype Filipinas as scammers by advising them not to advertise that the only reason they want to hook up with an American is for immigration purposes. In the troll's prejudiced troll-world, Filipinas only "seem to" be searching for the "archetype American." It's no surprise that the troll has never even met a Filipina who is guilty of his imaginary crime.

I have a tip too. My tip is for the troll: Filipina-bashing won't find many supporters here on VJ.

Timeline

Move along folks...it's just another troll attempting to stir up trouble where there is none. Please notice how the troll is the only one who is making an issue of skin color. The troll doesn't care to know that, in this forum, Filipinas are engaged to, or are married to, Americans of different races, ethnicities, and skin colors.

Also, please notice the passive-aggressive manner in which the troll attempts to stereotype Filipinas as scammers by advising them not to advertise that the only reason they want to hook up with an American is for immigration purposes. In the troll's prejudiced troll-world, Filipinas only "seem to" be searching for the "archetype American." It's no surprise that the troll has never even met a Filipina who is guilty of his imaginary crime.

I have a tip too. My tip is for the troll: Filipina-bashing won't find many supporters here on VJ.

:thumbs:

I absolutely agree.

Timeline

Troll

How about letting your sister and best friend find their own partners - American or not!

i agree with this guy,we found love online and we did everythng we had to had to, to be with our love one.But trying to get your frieds or family,or tryin to us a american just to get them to the states is dead WRONG.we dont need no filipinas or any other races to use us to come to our beloved country,because of [eople like ya,other couple have hard time gettin together,everyone should find their own couple and we can advise on how to be together,but dont try to use us American Citizens

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

I kind of agree with you on this one. I don't find anything wrong with finding true love online. I have dated a guy whom I met online. It's also fine to date someone of a preferred nationality. I for one, like Puerto Ricans because they're hot. Hehe. But I think it's not right to date someone just so one could be a citizen of another country. Imagine being asked by someone, "Why did you want to marry an American?". Would you be proud to say, "Because I want to be an American citizen."

I know for a fact that a lot of Filipinas go online looking for someone who can bring them to the US or Canada or Europe. I have nothing against May-December affairs but some would go for old guys (whom they're not attracted to) because these guys can give them the life they want and not because they love them. Although, some get lucky and end up falling inlove. This actaully goes on not just in inter-racial marriages but in a lot of people. Some marry another because they want to be rich and powerful.

My point is, I hope you sister and your friend won't look at an American guy as a ticket to the States. This is just wrong. Make them do this test.

Would I still date this guy even if he wasn't American?

Will I still date this guy even if he cannot bring me to the States?

If they said Yes, then go for it! =)

I think I agree with this post the most in this thread, especially the parts highlighted. Take that into consideration.

Why Americans? Ok, you're going to try ur luck finding ur man on a dating site, why not find the one you prefer??! Right? We like Americans coz they're hot! Plus they know how to take care of their women. They won't take you for granted. Not all of them but u can find some of them. If some people were lucky to found them, why can't my sister and my best frnd? Plus these girls had been through a lot of heartaches. THEY JUST WANT TO FIND LOVE! NOT A TICKET TO AMERICA! What's wrong with that? THEY DESERVE TO BE LOVED TOO! THEY DESERVE A HAPPY LOVE LIFE TOO!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

cease the bickering please. one post and two quoting that post removed for personal attacks.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

i agree with this guy,we found love online and we did everythng we had to had to, to be with our love one.But trying to get your frieds or family,or tryin to us a american just to get them to the states is dead WRONG.we dont need no filipinas or any other races to use us to come to our beloved country,because of [eople like ya,other couple have hard time gettin together,everyone should find their own couple and we can advise on how to be together,but dont try to use us American Citizens

umm so you think I'm trying to find Americans for them to use as a ticket here? Well, you're wrong! Some people don't undesrtand the reason why we like Americans. Same thing why Americans like Filipinos. They are beautiful/handsome in their standard. They wanna find a true love. They wanna have a happy family. They wanna be loved. Well, I can't control everyone's mind here. You guys have ur own opinion. But my intentions are pure. I am lucky I found the most awesome husband in the world. I am proud to say that. I just want them to be loved and be appreciated too. I should have said Caucasians instead of Americans, so people with dirty minds won't judge us.

umm so you think I'm trying to find Americans for them to use as a ticket here? Well, you're wrong! Some people don't undesrtand the reason why we like Americans. Same thing why Americans like Filipinos. They are beautiful/handsome in their standard. They wanna find a true love. They wanna have a happy family. They wanna be loved. Well, I can't control everyone's mind here. You guys have ur own opinion. But my intentions are pure. I am lucky I found the most awesome husband in the world. I am proud to say that. I just want them to be loved and be appreciated too. I should have said Caucasians instead of Americans, so people with dirty minds won't judge us.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sometimes people can be so pretentious and self righteous. A person's own hypocrisy is sometimes hard to see!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Where did the original poster say anything about anyone trying to "use us American citizens" "just to get them to the States?" Are you assuming the sister and the friend are not looking for love? Even if the sister and the friend are seeking both love and economic opportunity, is there something wrong with that? Sheesh... :blink:

I think I agree with this post the most in this thread, especially the parts highlighted. Take that into consideration.

You agree because you both think my intension is to use them so we can come to America. You're both wrong! Just read my other replies to those who said negative about this post. I don't wanna explain my side to everyone here. You can think whatever you wanna think but like I said to the person who ACCUSED ME that I'm NOT in-love with my husband and I just used him to get a GC (which got deleted, I dunno who did that), I am happy with my life not because I'm here in America, but because I'm with the person who loves me, takes good care of me, treat like his queen, don't cheat on me, appreciates me and he's not ugly, he's handsome and smart, plus I have 2 jobs, I have an amazing friends and awesome family! My life in the Philippines was ok, I had my own car, a small business and nice job that pays good, but I chose to be with my husband here, not because I like America.....BUT BECAUSE I WANNA BE WITH THE PERSON WHO TRULY LOVES ME!

Filed: Timeline

You agree because you both think my intension is to use them so we can come to America. You're both wrong! Just read my other replies to those who said negative about this post. I don't wanna explain my side to everyone here. You can think whatever you wanna think but like I said to the person who ACCUSED ME that I'm NOT in-love with my husband and I just used him to get a GC (which got deleted, I dunno who did that), I am happy with my life not because I'm here in America, but because I'm with the person who loves me, takes good care of me, treat like his queen, don't cheat on me, appreciates me and he's not ugly, he's handsome and smart, plus I have 2 jobs, I have an amazing friends and awesome family! My life in the Philippines was ok, I had my own car, a small business and nice job that pays good, but I chose to be with my husband here, not because I like America.....BUT BECAUSE I WANNA BE WITH THE PERSON WHO TRULY LOVES ME!

Ya but you are not letting your sister and BF have that chance or maybe happiness for you comess from finding true love IN AMERICA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.