Trumplestiltskin

Racism

101 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yuck. Just yuck. I call BS on all of this #######. Veiled racist BS like that above me is okay, but in jest I use a FAIRLY MILD slur AGAINST MYSELF and I am censored. (And believe me, it IS about context; any fule kno I was joking.)

/rant paused

Edit: by above, I mean Paul's post. Not Six's.

Elm I just referenced what you said I didn't call kathryn or report anything.

I knew you were making ahumorous reference to yourself.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had a man come into my workplace only a few days ago and he started off a conversation with the famous words:

"Now, I'm not a racist man but..."

And then proceeded to waffle on about how he thought black people were segregating themselves by calling things "Black Expo".

I explained it was a celebration of the culture. He didn't care. It didn't fit into his blinkered little world.

We can't win. The world is full of ignorant idiots. Most of them white, it would seem, who label themselves as "Not racist but..."

I see many of those "men" here on VJ.

Elm I just referenced what you said I didn't call kathryn or report anything.

I knew you were making ahumorous reference to yourself.

Thank you evli. :) I appreciate that.

(and that was not meant humourously, but an honest to goodness "thank you.")

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mad

sorry for not explaining.

I linked those scenarios together to point out that there is no specific white only college funding organization with out someone deeming it racist or that organization does not help whites; I do agree there are disadvantages that minorities face but that shouldn't stop someone who wishes to help promising causasions from attending school.

If a balck man is killed by a group of white men first respoonse is hate crime; is it probably but not neccesarily and every minority group would be out for vengence on these murderers. But if it were a a group of black men that killed a white man; it could be a hate crime but no oone will suggest it and there wouldn't be anyone groups of peopel besides family crying out for justice.(possibly the the white supremeist groups who will try and feed on the insecurities of the family) Heck there may be even a ploy by the NAACP to free the murderers bcasue of some possible twist.(again probably not but it has happened)

When a minotiy is subject to police brutality it is the same organizations that are pounding for justice where as if it were a white person then where are these organizations?

I think a lot of this stuff comes from your own preconceptions and the media.

The hate crime thing in particular is wrong. There have indeed been several cases where blacks were jailed under the hate crime laws. However, looking at it another way, I might ask you why it is that blacks are over-represented in jail populations and receive harsher sentences than whites for equivalent crimes. Who gets the worse deal?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Additional racist comment has been removed

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

The hate crime thing in particular is wrong. There have indeed been several cases where blacks were jailed under the hate crime laws. However, looking at it another way, I might ask you why it is that blacks are over-represented in jail populations and receive harsher sentences than whites for equivalent crimes. Who gets the worse deal?

The victims of any crime get the worst deal.

Punishment for a crime should fit the crime and not the skin color of a person.

People of any color that commit a crime and are in jail made a choice that choice led them there; there is no racial, ethnic, or cultural factors that prevent the individual from choosing not to commit a crime. I do not buy into I am blackthat iswhy i am in jail.

I am sure there have been minorites jailed due to hate crimes but who are the organizations that cry out for this justice if you are a white victim vs if you were a black victim of the same exact crime.

The point is that this is another area where the qualibrium in the system that is tipped to minorities. You can not voice an opinion or oppose these minoity organizations with out being labeled as racist no matter your reasons.

Timeline

That perception has a lot to with the media presentation of stories related to race relations.

Does the existence of the NAACP mean that whites are being systematically downtrodden by blacks? I highly doubt it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I had a man come into my workplace only a few days ago and he started off a conversation with the famous words:

And then proceeded to waffle on about how he thought black people were segregating themselves by calling things "Black Expo".

I explained it was a celebration of the culture. He didn't care. It didn't fit into his blinkered little world.

We can't win. The world is full of ignorant idiots. Most of them white, it would seem, who label themselves as "Not racist but..."

Of course these 'macho men' don't care. If they did they wouldn't be the way they are.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

To the rest of it, you can look it up easily. Blacks are significantly more likely than whites to end up in jail and also likely to receive harsher sentences for their crimes. There are obviously many reasons for this, but surely it should be enough to know that a clear racial divide exists un US society.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

That might be part of that culture argument.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Timeline

As I said, the pertinent issue for me would be to contrast the experience of a white kid and a black kid - something that can be done at a general, objective level by looking at demographic and economic factors to identify the differences between the two.

You want it to be about a "poor black kid" Vs. a "poor white kid", that isn't something that can be assessed objectively and it certainly wouldn't be an "honest answer".

OK. So what? Why the anger about it?

Why does this state of affairs exist?

:lol: ok boo i mean fishdude, calm down. 'poor' eliminates all the preconcieved racial sterotypes. why will you not allow 'poor' into the equation? why can the life experiences of a 'poor white kid' not be assessed objectively? are you guilty of using preconcieved racial sterotypes right now?

i don't get angry when people bust on white people. if a joke is funny because it plays up sterotypical traits of white people. then its funny period. i feel the same way about jokes with minorities as the butt of the joke. if its funny its funny.

when someone of any race applies racial sterotypes to sway opinion on anything outside of the comedic genre. it pisses me off, no matter who it is.

why does this state of affairs exist? i don't know. but, its undeniable that minorities & caucasions are held to a different standard on the subject.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

is culture colored?

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.