12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Is there anyone here on AP from the Dhaka embassy? I know we are few in number on this board, but it would be nice to post our AP dates.

Thanks!

08/24/2010: APPROVED! VISA IN HAND! :) (AP lasted exactly 2 months)

08/28/2010: Entry to USA at JFK.

09/17/2010: We're married!!! :)

11/22/2010: AOS filed (I-485, I-765, I-313)

11/30/2010: Received NOA1

12/16/2010: Biometrics Appointment

02/07/2011: EAD Approved

02/15/2011: Received AOS Appointment date

02/16/2011: Received AP document!

02/17/2011: Received EAD!

03/18/2011: AOS appointment (Cleveland Office)

03/23/2011: Received Approval Notice

03/31/2011: Received Green Card! :)

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Is there anyone here on AP from the Dhaka embassy? I know we are few in number on this board, but it would be nice to post our AP dates.

Thanks!

I am also in AP since 4 months, (FB3 category) and from what I believe from exchange of views in this forum, that Bangladesh and Pakistan AP time frame are almost the same. I pray your AP takes short time. be well stay well and god bless u.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Thanks for the info. I hope your AP is over soon too. Best of luck. :)

08/24/2010: APPROVED! VISA IN HAND! :) (AP lasted exactly 2 months)

08/28/2010: Entry to USA at JFK.

09/17/2010: We're married!!! :)

11/22/2010: AOS filed (I-485, I-765, I-313)

11/30/2010: Received NOA1

12/16/2010: Biometrics Appointment

02/07/2011: EAD Approved

02/15/2011: Received AOS Appointment date

02/16/2011: Received AP document!

02/17/2011: Received EAD!

03/18/2011: AOS appointment (Cleveland Office)

03/23/2011: Received Approval Notice

03/31/2011: Received Green Card! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

My Wife had her interview in Islamabad on May 7th. She received a light green paper at the end of the interview stating temporarily refused for administrative processing. Also states that it can take 2-3 months but no maximum time. They kept her passport and gave her token... give me some info since I have been calling DOS and they keep saying under administrative processing...I'm a US Citizen. We got married last year, June 10th 2009.

I wish really appreciate if someone can give their insights.

Thank you so much!!!

Please see below the paper she got after her interview on 5/7...

Dear visa applicant:

Your ease has been temporarily refused for further administrative processing. We cannot give you a definite date when the processing will be completed, but the average time is approximately 2 -3 months. There is no maximum time limit.

When your case is approved and if we already have your passports, we will put the visas into them. If we do not have your passports, we will call you to request your passports., so that we may put the visas into them. When you are requested to return your passports. please send them as soon as possible by any courier or by registered mail to the following address:

Consular Section (Immigrant Visa Unit)

Embassy of the United States of America

Diplomatic Enclave

Ramna5

Islamabad

Once we receive your passports. we will return them with the visas pasted in them to the American Express Courier Services office nearest to your home address. (please refer to the list of offices on the back of this letter.) You will need your Pink token (already given to you at the time ofyour int~rview),this sheet an~ your National ID card in order to pick up your passports, so please hold onto this document. You should expect your passports to arrive at the American Express office approximately between one to two weeks after your p~sportsare received by the consular section.

We regret that we cannot issue your visas today, but we will do everything we can to ensure that your case is handled as quickly as possible. Please keep us informed if your contact information (such as your phone nwnber) changes. You may contact us with any questions about your case at PAKIYlnfo@State.goy. Alternatively, you can eall us between 12:30 and 15:30 at 051 208 2700.

Consular Officer

• 1 year later...

Thanks!

Yes, I am from bangladesh recently had my interview & they gave me 221(g) blue sheet & comments addtional proessing . The CO told me to call my number as soon as finalized my case. Also they return my passport.

Is this permanent refusal or what should I do rather then wait .

I dont konw how long they will need to complete this AP. Me & my wife completely worried about us & how we live together .

My wife live in USA & she filed a I-130 petition for me . If there is any idea on AP then please share with me .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes, I am from bangladesh recently had my interview & they gave me 221(g) blue sheet & comments addtional proessing . The CO told me to call my number as soon as finalized my case. Also they return my passport.

I dont konw how long they will need to complete this AP. Me & my wife completely worried about us & how we live together .

My wife live in USA & she filed a I-130 petition for me . If there is any idea on AP then please share with me .

It's not a permanent refusal or denial its simply saying that something has to be done first before they issue the visa. They may have to do name checks or document verification... idk how long your country takes but pakistan takes between 4-6 months some sooner and a few much more time.... all you can do is continue to call dos and ask about your case and email your embassy to make inquiries.... good luck

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Hi, I'm so glad to see someone else on this form with the same situation as I am. Earlier I had posted a similar post but had no response.

My husband was put on AP after his interview @ Dhaka U.S Embassy on Aug 15th 2011. We are on our 11 week of waiting, at his interview the CO collected his passport and told him we are not missing anything in our paperwork however he has to be placed on AP and assured him not to worry and that they will contact him as soon as our case is complete..it might take days..weeks or months.

The frustrating thing is that they don't give any specific time limit and I haven't been able to connect with enough VJ members who are from Bangladesh and currently under AP to develop an estimate of sorts.

little background on me and our case. I'm a U.S citizen and I petitioned for my husband who is in Bangladesh.

Please continue to add your feed backs and experiences so we can support each other in this very depressing time in our lives :(

Tr3sh4.

Edited by tr3sh4
WTmam5.png

Can you please add a timeline so we can get a more accurate understanding of how long the process take to complete.

WTmam5.png

Hi, I'm so glad to see someone else on this form with the same situation as I am. Earlier I had posted a similar post but had no response.

My husband was put on AP after his interview @ Dhaka U.S Embassy on Aug 15th 2011. We are on our 11 week of waiting, at his interview the CO collected his passport and told him we are not missing anything in our paperwork however he has to be placed on AP and assured him not to worry and that they will contact him as soon as our case is complete..it might take days..weeks or months.

The frustrating thing is that they don't give any specific time limit and I haven't been able to connect with enough VJ members who are from Bangladesh and currently under AP to develop an estimate of sorts.

little background on me and our case. I'm a U.S citizen and I petitioned for my husband who is in Bangladesh.

Please continue to add your feed backs and experiences so we can support each other in this very depressing time in our lives :(

Usually, AP in Bangladesh is not that long. My father went through AP in US embassy Dhaka few years back and it took about a month. My freind had a long AP which took about 4 months. If you have completed 11 weeks in AP already chances are that it is almost over. have you tried contacting the embassy? You can also call the state dept visa office. I personally get more information from the embassy than State dept visa office.

Usually, AP in Bangladesh is not that long. My father went through AP in US embassy Dhaka few years back and it took about a month. My freind had a long AP which took about 4 months. If you have completed 11 weeks in AP already chances are that it is almost over. have you tried contacting the embassy? You can also call the state dept visa office. I personally get more information from the embassy than State dept visa office.

Hopefully what said comes true. I contacted the embassy awhile ago and at the time they told me its still pending. And I call DOS weekly for any updates and it always stays the same still processing! So I guess we just have to wait and see.

Edited by tr3sh4
WTmam5.png

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Tr3sh4.

This just happened to my wife today. I am so upset!!!! How long did it take for your husband to get through AP?

Filed: Timeline

This just happened to my wife today. I am so upset!!!! How long did it take for your husband to get through AP?

Hi,

My husband had his interview on Nov 2012, and he's still in AP at Dhaka Embassy. His medical is going to expire in less then 3 weeks and I dont know if they're going to call or not...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.