41 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for giving me this site and i called the number associated with domestic violence.. and they gave me number to contact but the problem is they can only offer me overnight stay.. i need longer than that while im pulling ourselves together..but where im gonna put my daughter now?

[/quote

It is hard to know what to tell you without more info...like where you live,do you have transportation

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I already left my husband last night. I can no longer take him me being abused and keeps on aggravating my 5 yrs old daughter. My problem is she just got back here two months ago and i'm a conditional cardholder. We have no place to go tonight. No money. What should i do? what steps i need to take?

If you are in Dallas,Texas...The Family Place is an excellent women's/child shelter..I used to work there and they have hidden shelters all throughout the city with gated access.

http://www.familyplace.org/Page.aspx?pid=191

there is a 24hr emergency hotline

Service Center :Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Norway

I-129F Sent: June 3, 2010

I-129F NOA1: June 14, 2010

Touched: June 17, 2010

I-129F NOA2: July 7, 2010

129F to NVC: July 13, 2010

NVC to Oslo: July 15 2010

Package 3 received: Aug 4 2010

Consulate interview: Aug 11, 2010-APPROVED !!

Visa received: Aug 18th

Travel to US: Aug 19th

Marriage: Sept 3rd 2010 !!

AOS/AP/EAD: Sent Sept 20th

NOA 1 (for all 3) Sept 30th

Biometrics appt: Oct 27th 2010

AOS interview: Dec 15th 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You can ask a church to help you. I used to work for a social services agency and know that churches can be very active in this respect and very well connected to the resources out in the community. They can help you find a place to live and even work for the time being. It is very good that you have a clear enough head to realize you need to leave. I am so sorry you have to go through this.

bzYip3.png

May 2004- we meet!

09/27/2008- we are married!

03/05/2009- back to Russia for 2-year HRR

02/17/2010- I-130 sent to USCIS

03/01/2010- NOA1

06/02/2010- NOA2

06/09/2010- our case is at NVC!

06/12/2010- receive DS-3032 and I-864 bill

06/19/2010- I-864 bill is paid

06/25/2010- mailed DS-3032 to NVC

07/15/2010- received Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee Bill Invoice

07/20/2010- Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee is paid (check cleared)

09/20/2010- call NVC and find out that we can start work on I864 and DS230 packets

02/12/2011- AOS (I-864) packet is mailed to NVC

02/14/2011- NVC receives AOS (I-864) packet

03/06/2011- YAY! Finally, the 2 year HRR is fulfilled![/font]

03/07/2011- IV packet is mailed to NVC

04/07/2011- receive a letter from NVC requesting detailed information regarding the circumstances of my 1999 J-1 visa

04/09/2011- we mail the requested info to NVC along with proof that 2-year HRR has been fulfilled

04/30/2011- Check with NVC- get message "Your case was completed on April 27th. Please allow 8 weeks for further instructions"

05/17/2011- receive notification from NVC: interview scheduled for June 1st!

Timeline

If you are in Dallas,Texas...The Family Place is an excellent women's/child shelter..I used to work there and they have hidden shelters all throughout the city with gated access.

http://www.familyplace.org/Page.aspx?pid=191

there is a 24hr emergency hotline

Thank u im gonna try my luck to call them now

Timeline

Thank u im gonna try my luck to call them now

no problem!...they should be able to assist you or help you find who can..take care=0)

Timeline

Thanks for giving me this site and i called the number associated with domestic violence.. and they gave me number to contact but the problem is they can only offer me overnight stay.. i need longer than that while im pulling ourselves together..but where im gonna put my daughter now?

They say you can only stay overnight but actually they will help you more than that..go there..I stayed in the shelter house for 3 mos. no money..nothing at all...they let me stay because i have nowhere to go.. and I am positive they will let you to too....I pray for your safety....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicate thread moved from AOS forum and merged with thread already here to keep all of the answers in one location. Duplicate post removed.

Confusedgirl - I am so sorry that things were so bad for you. Good luck to you and your daughter.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I left my husband last night. I can no longer take him me being slave and aggravating my daughter. My problem is my daughter jsut got here two months ago and i'm a conditional cardholder.. me and my 5 yrs old daughter have no place to stay tonight.. What will happen now to us? what steps i need to take?

Where are you in the process? Your timeline says AOS pending, yet you say you have a conditional gc.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

when you are at the police station, ask for social worker, and ask for 'emergency contact' with Catholic Charities Organization. They'll help you out, get you sorted and settled.

If you really are in Dallas - The Family Place is excellent - I was a contractor there for some years, ages past, giving seminars to men.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

People, what is wrong with you? :bonk:

911 is for emergencies. It's for when you have a stab wound, your child stopped breathing or your house is on fire.

It is NOT for when all you need is a taxi ride.

The OP has access to the web, she can look up the address to the nearest consulate and/or nearest shelter. She could also walk over to the nearest police station. She could also call 311, the non-emergency service.

Hello!

Call 911 , It is Free,

Kjmel38

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

People, what is wrong with you? :bonk:

911 is for emergencies. It's for when you have a stab wound, your child stopped breathing or your house is on fire.

It is NOT for when all you need is a taxi ride.

The OP has access to the web, she can look up the address to the nearest consulate and/or nearest shelter. She could also walk over to the nearest police station. She could also call 311, the non-emergency service.

Your Sucks! She's been abused by the Husband and the daughter has been Aggrevated by the Husband , She Left means She Escaped and need emergency Help, and recall the the Topics, i'm not the First one Made Call 911 , but even i'm not our Intention is to Help her, She has no Place To Stay , No Money, Mined is Rattled, Don't know what to do? don't know where to go? then you Ask me? What wrong with me. Abused are so many meaning, The number one is been Bitten, No food to Eat , No Money, Becaused , She Escaped. Think if that is not A Police Case? No Heart!!!!!

Kjmel38

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your Sucks! She's been abused by the Husband and the daughter has been Aggrevated by the Husband , She Left means She Escaped and need emergency Help, and recall the the Topics, i'm not the First one Made Call 911 , but even i'm not our Intention is to Help her, She has no Place To Stay , No Money, Mined is Rattled, Don't know what to do? don't know where to go? then you Ask me? What wrong with me. Abused are so many meaning, The number one is been Hurt, No food to Eat , No Money, Becaused , She Escaped. Think if that is not A Police Case? No Heart!!!!!

Kjmel38

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Your Sucks! She's been abused by the Husband and the daughter has been Aggrevated by the Husband , She Left means She Escaped and need emergency Help, and recall the the Topics, i'm not the First one Made Call 911 , but even i'm not our Intention is to Help her, She has no Place To Stay , No Money, Mined is Rattled, Don't know what to do? don't know where to go? then you Ask me? What wrong with me. Abused are so many meaning, The number one is been Bitten, No food to Eat , No Money, Becaused , She Escaped. Think if that is not A Police Case? No Heart!!!!!

Kjmel38

:thumbs:

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01-18-2012 : Sent I-751 Package

01-22-2012 : Delivered California Service Center

01-24-2012 : Check cashed! Yayyy

01-30-2012 : Received ASC letter... Dated 01-27

02-08-2012 : Got Extension Stamp (Passport) Expires 02-07-2013

02-24-2012 : Biometrics Appt.

06-13-2012 : Got my 10 years greencard. Yeah baby!!!

NATURALIZATION

01-15-2013 : Eligible to file

07-05-2013 : Sent package to Phoenix Lockbox

07-11-2013 : Check cashed

07-15-2013 : NOA

07-30-2013 : Biometrics done

08-09-2013 : Interview letter

09-10-2013 : Interview!! PASSED!

11-22-2013 : Oath Ceremony - I AM A CITIZEN OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

xmzGm6.png6r3Fm6.pngan1cOKikw2B0010MjAwMzNsfDU4MDM4NjQ1amF8U

From whentocall911.com

DO NOT CALL 911 FOR NON-EMERGENCY TRANSPORTATION. Doing so can divert critical resources from situations which are a matter of life and death.

911 is for emergency transport/situations only. I'm sure that the OP would not want to be responsible for the death of someone who was trying to get through because their relative was bleeding out from a car crash. They have seconds of life to live, whereas she is not going to die in the next few seconds.

What if while she was calling, the person with their bleeding relative was also trying to call and couldn't get through?

Having access to the internet as the OP has, she would be far better off googling local shelters. Best of luck OP, to you and your daughter.

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

They say you can only stay overnight but actually they will help you more than that..go there..I stayed in the shelter house for 3 mos. no money..nothing at all...they let me stay because i have nowhere to go.. and I am positive they will let you to too....I pray for your safety....

While working there...I NEVER saw them put anyone out on the street...Im a child psychotherapist and I was seeing those kids for months...they will give you safety, food, shelter, ind/group therapy, offer play therapy to your kiddo..and resources to help you get back on your feet...and if you qualify, they offer community placement as you transition out of shelter living...so GO there...not walk..RUN...

Edited by PaigeOsvald

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.