3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everybody!

I'm currently living in Thailand with my Thai wife of 3 years. I'm retired now, but expecting to return to the US for employment and want my wife to come with me.

I haven't started any paperwork yet and came to this sight to see what nightmares I will encounter. She's visited the US before several times and still has a current visa ( tourist )

Wish me luck.

Choc dii ( in Thai ) ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everybody!

I'm currently living in Thailand with my Thai wife of 3 years. I'm retired now, but expecting to return to the US for employment and want my wife to come with me.

I haven't started any paperwork yet and came to this sight to see what nightmares I will encounter. She's visited the US before several times and still has a current visa ( tourist )

Wish me luck.

Choc dii ( in Thai ) ;)

DCF (Direct Consular Filing) will be the quickest method since you are apparently a resident of Thailand.

moving from "Introducing our members" to "Direct Consular Filing"

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

DCF (Direct Consular Filing) will be the quickest method since you are apparently a resident of Thailand.

moving from "Introducing our members" to "Direct Consular Filing"

:thumbs:

What Is DCF?

Direct Consular Filing (DCF) is the unofficial term for filing an I-130 petition via a Consulate overseas, rather than through the US Service Center. While not everyone will qualify to do so, this process can expedite the speed in which a beneficiary can enter the United States and become a Green Card Holder (US Permanent Resident).

Current DCF procedures state that if a US Citizen lives overseas they may file the I-130 for a foreign spouse, child or parent at the US Consulate / USCIS Field Office governing their place of residence. In most cases permanent residence abroad must be legally established for a period of six months prior to submitting an I-130 petition (reference). In addition, emergency cases, such as life and death of health and safety, and cases determined to be in the national interest can be processed without the residency requirement being met. Examples of family emergencies include minor children who would be unexpectedly left without a caretaker. Examples of national interest include facilitating the travel of United States military and other USG direct hire employees assigned overseas who are pending transfer on orders and need to petition for immigrant classification of their spouse and minor children at posts overseas.

DCF

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.