fescobar

K-3 petition being sent to Consulate... is it a good sign???

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys so I have seen all this talk about the K-3 Visa being closed by the NVC and all but something odd came in the mail this past Sat. I got a Letter from Dept. of State, stating that my petition will be sent to the Consulate this week. They gave me a case number and all.

I was preparing to get denied and go the IR-1/CR-1 path but now not sure if this is a good thing or not. Since they gave me a new case number and all is this a good tihng and does it mean my K-3 Visa will be moving forward????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey guys so I have seen all this talk about the K-3 Visa being closed by the NVC and all but something odd came in the mail this past Sat. I got a Letter from Dept. of State, stating that my petition will be sent to the Consulate this week. They gave me a case number and all.

I was preparing to get denied and go the IR-1/CR-1 path but now not sure if this is a good thing or not. Since they gave me a new case number and all is this a good tihng and does it mean my K-3 Visa will be moving forward????

Interesting. Looks like the K-3 is good still. I would still go the IR-1/CR-1 route if I was you.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It smells like the I-129F petition is moving through, ah ?

What's the current status on the I-130 petition?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure how it will work at the consulate you're dealing with, but I've been advised by my atty that here in Canada, when a K3 app does make it from the NVC to the consulate in Vancouver, they call back to the NVC to see if there was an I130, and have closed down the K3's at the consulate level. I hope this will not be the case for you, but do want you to know so you can be prepared if it happens.

I-130 Received Date per letter Feb 22, 2010

I-130 NOA1 Notice Date per letter Feb 28, 2010

I-130 Touched March 2, 2010

I-130 Touched March 23, 2010 no e-mail despite e-mail alert on, thankful nonetheless!

Kids Register of Birth Abroad & passport appointment March 31st, 2010 approved.

I-129F NOA1 April 8, 2010 (Let's see what happens with this K3 application) ugh!

I-129F Touched June 15, 2010

I-129F RFE (our atty forgot to complete 2 lines)

I-130 Approved June 23, 2010 121 days from NOA1

I-129F RFE details Received by USCIS July 7, 2010

I-130 Case # at NVC obtained July 8, 2010

I-130 NVC sent affidavit of support and visa bills July 8, 2010

I-129F approved by USCIS and sent to NVC

I-129F confirmed received by NVC and per supervisor, it will be administratively closed

I-129F letter recvd of administratively closed K3 app Aug 2, 2010

Timeline

Thanks

I just received a paper to send payment for my Affidavit of Support I paid and it cleared already. I am currently filling out both sets of paperwork just in case it gets rejected. I will have to wait and see what happens. Thank you all.

Not sure how it will work at the consulate you're dealing with, but I've been advised by my atty that here in Canada, when a K3 app does make it from the NVC to the consulate in Vancouver, they call back to the NVC to see if there was an I130, and have closed down the K3's at the consulate level. I hope this will not be the case for you, but do want you to know so you can be prepared if it happens.

that's what i hear! No matter what is approved-consulate has last word on descission...WE ALL HOPE FOR THE BEST!

Timeline

ya- Guangzhou IV does that on occassion as well. Not 100 percent of the time, but 'sometimes'.

Thanks

I just received a paper to send payment for my Affidavit of Support I paid and it cleared already. I am currently filling out both sets of paperwork just in case it gets rejected. I will have to wait and see what happens. Thank you all.

I suggest, if you really want a K-3 for her, to slow down at NVC. Wait a bit, until she gets an interview date for the K-3, then , and only then, if she fails the K-3 interview, is denied for any reason, pick up the I-130 at NVC again.

Comparison on K-3 vs CR-1 - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/204324-wondering-if-i-made-a-mistake-marrying-in-us/page__view__findpost__p__3060767

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

thanks for all the help and suggestions I don't really care if it is a K-3 or a IR-1/CR-1 I want to pursue what ever is quickest really. So far I have been receiving all the stuff for the K-3 so I'm just running with it.

Just a question for you, fescobar.

Were there any K4 children listed on your petition?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

thanks for all the help and suggestions I don't really care if it is a K-3 or a IR-1/CR-1 I want to pursue what ever is quickest really. So far I have been receiving all the stuff for the K-3 so I'm just running with it.

Your I-129F and I-130 will have separate NVC case numbers. "Receiving all the stuff" fits with the I-130. There's nothing to correspond with NVC about regarding an I-129F for spouse.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

fescobar - hey !

give DOS Hotline a call this week (# in my profile), get a Human, inquire for case status using the K-3 case # ?

let us know any status?

At this point, call once a week until you hear 'casefile opened' timetick from a Human at the DOS Hotline...

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Thats exactly how i felt when i applied for my wife. A lot of people on here adviced me not to file K3 on here but in my case i did not care about money or not being able to work immediately. All I cared about was her coming here on the fastest possible method. And I am really glad that I wwent with K3 in my case. Good to know they are processing K3 again atleast in very few of the cases. It really would be nice if USCIS and NVC act in synch instead of confusing people. Hopefully we will know more from your experience on the current status of K3 processing.

9/1/2009: Applied for I-130

9/14/2009: NOA1 for I-130

9/21/2009: NOA1 for I-129F (CSC)

9/25/2009: NOA1 received for I-129F (receipt of mail)

01/08/2010 : Thank you very much Jesus..... NOA 2 129F

01/08/2010 : NOA 2 I-130

01/15/2010 : Embassy gets the approval notice (Awesome..Love K3...so glad we have done K3)

01/20/2010: Embassy schedules interview for K3

02/19/2010: K3 interview over and approved.

[Thank You very much Jesus and our heavenly father.]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello

My husband currently has a valid b1/b2 visa with which he has entered the US twice. He is currently working in India and I am going to apply for his 1 130. Now the thing is we are looking at getting him an EAD at the earliest and was wondering what the best possible way for this is?

1. I initially thought the only way to do it was to apply for his I 130, and he would have to wait till it gets approved and then do the interviews in India and wait for his green card. Is this the case?

2. Today I read about the K3 visa with which he could enter the US in about 6 months (he's looking to come in Dec), and then we could do an adjustment of status(i485) and apply for his EAD. But i also read the K3 visa being abolished or something and wasnt sure what that meant.

3. the reason we want the EAD at the earliest is cos he wants to get into a fellowship which starts in May/June 2011. So, please advice on whether to go the K3 route (if that's even an option) or the IR-1 route.

4. If we went the K3 route, how long does it approximately take to get the EAD?

5. If we went the IR/CR1 route, and he passes the interview, can he enter the US as soon as his passport is mailed to him? or does he have to wait till the GC gets mailed to him?

6. IF he can enter the US rite away without the GC, can he work immediately?

P.S- We are looking for the quickest route for him to be able to work here in the US.

Timeline

My husband currently has a valid b1/b2 visa with which he has entered the US twice. He is currently working in India and I am going to apply for his 1 130. Now the thing is we are looking at getting him an EAD at the earliest and was wondering what the best possible way for this is?

Really good answer here - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/264851-fastest-way-to-get-ead-k3-and-adjust-status-and-apply-for-ead/page__view__findpost__p__4082019 Have a look ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.