Mr&Mrs.Boo

Need interview help...

9 posts in this topic

Ok, so...

On August 4th I'm going to Romania to see my fiance and have an informal wedding. We have Noa1, and are in the process of waiting for Noa2. She was trying to figure out what papers she will need to have from me for the interview so I can just take them with me and after she gets her package she will already have them and won't have to wait for me to mail them to her taking even longer.

So does anybody know what kind of papers she will need from me at her interview? She said somebody told her that I need a letter from my employer, bank, and tax returns from the last 3 years. Is this true? Is it the same for everyone? I thought they would have already known all of this from when they are investigating before they give us Noa2. Should we just wait until she gets the package because it's different for every case?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Dustin

If God is for us, who can be against us." Romans 8:31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

check out embassy info at top of page :thumbs:

Edited by cranehand

Met online Sep 26 2009

Traveled to Ukraine Jan 22 2010

Spent 33 wonderful days together

Returned to US Feb 25 2010

K1 filed March 2010

Sent to VSC 2010-03-06

Received 03-08

Check cashed 03-10

NOA 1 dated 03-11

updated 03-16

Spending a week in Odessa and Kherson together 5-19-10 :)))))

NO RFE's

NOA 2 6-24-10

NVC recieve 6-28-10

NOA 2 Hard copy receive 6-29-10

NVC forward to Kiev 6-29-10 That was easy :)

Embassy receive 7-2-2010

Leave US 8-10 to attend interview

Interview 8-12-2010 :)))))))

VISA APPROVED 8-12-2010

POE Houston Tx. 8-20-2010

MARRIED Sep 25 2010 :))))))

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

For the interview, she must to submit your most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2), employment letter stating position, title, and salary. Also the I-134 form in original and recents pay stubs (at least 3 months).

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

She will need:

I-134 --affidavit of support

supporting papers for the affidavit: 1)letter from your employer, stating the job, the date you were hired, salary etc, 2)the latest pay stubs; 3) tax returns (I heard 2 tax returns would be enough); 4)if you can show some assets (bank accounts, IRA etc) even better...

renewed letter of intent (dated closer to the possible interview...and signed, of course)

a copy of the file you sent to USCIS (all the forms, your birth ceritificate, everything)

make sure you save the boarding passes from when you come to Romania, but I would not recommend that you guys show photos from your informal wedding to the CO at the interview. It will take a hell a lot of time and effort to convince them it was informal.

Mult noroc! :thumbs: Best of luck!

Our Love Story's 1st page: June 15, 2008

K 1: 98 days!
May 11 - August 17, 2010 APPROVED!!!
POE: September 14, 2010 Chicago, IL
Wedding Day: September 22, 2010

AOS from K1: 96 days!
November 19, 2010 - February 24, 2011 APPROVED!!!
November 19, 2010: AOS, EAD & AP applications mailed
December 20, 2010: Biometrics (day 31)
January 18, 2011: case transfered to CSC (day 60)
February 10, 2011: EAD & AP approved! (day 83)
February 24, 2011: GC production ordered! (day 96)

Removing conditions: 5 months and 30 days!
December 6, 2012: package mailed
December 10, 2012: NOA 1 (day 4)

June, 5, 2013: APPROVED!!!

June, 10 2013: 10 yr GC received

event.png

an1cHsW0g410610MjAwMTU1bHwyNTY0MzkxbGF8d

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Ok, so...

On August 4th I'm going to Romania to see my fiance and have an informal wedding. We have Noa1, and are in the process of waiting for Noa2. She was trying to figure out what papers she will need to have from me for the interview so I can just take them with me and after she gets her package she will already have them and won't have to wait for me to mail them to her taking even longer.

So does anybody know what kind of papers she will need from me at her interview? She said somebody told her that I need a letter from my employer, bank, and tax returns from the last 3 years. Is this true? Is it the same for everyone? I thought they would have already known all of this from when they are investigating before they give us Noa2. Should we just wait until she gets the package because it's different for every case?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Dustin

Hi, so you are in the middle of k1 process ( fiancee visa) and you intend to get married before NOA2? Am i misunderstanding something ?

Edited by Raluca805

N-400 sent on 4/28/2014

Check cashed on 5/3/2014

Text msg & email received 5/5/2014

Biometric appointment letter mailed out on 5/15/2014

Biometric appointment letter received on 5/19/2014 for May 30th,2014

Biometrics done (walk-in) on 5/23/2014

Inline for interview 5/28/2014

Received yellow letter indicating to bring to the interview ID/State DL and all passports on 7/5/2014

USCIS website status changed to ''scheduled for interview" on 7/24/2014

Received letter :interview date will be on 9/2/2014

Interview result : approved :joy:

Oath Ceremony appointment date letter mailed out on 9/5/2014

Online status changed and received letter with Oath Ceremony date for 9/12/2014

09/12/2014 - I AM A United States Citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi, so you are in the middle of k1 process ( fiancee visa) and you intend to get married before NOA2? Am i misunderstanding something ?

They have an informal wedding. Just spiritual, religious. That should be ok. Having a civil ceremony before receiving the K-1 and out of the USA, that would be a real problem. But, IMO, just having a religious-only ceremony should be ok.

Don't share your wedding photos with the embassy at the time of the interview though. Try to avoid any misunderstandings. Us, here in Romania, consider the marriage genuine only if a civil ceremony took place. Otherwise, it's like an engagement ceremony. Which should be more than ok. But just to keep things clear, try to keep the informal wedding's photos away from the embassy. If you still want to show them, make sure they understand it's nothing but an engagement ceremony at the church.

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2): :star:

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

Examples: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

:innocent::innocent::innocent:

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.