aurora07

Anyone here who didn't meet their Love online?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't understand why people don't travel. Because the fact is, as a man from the first world they fall at your feet in groups of twenty. They can't send you old pictures or staged pictures. They can't lie about where they work, where they live, who their friends and family are...

I try to get very lonely guys I see to just get off their butts and go. It doesn't matter where you go - the store, the park, the bars - anywhere. They call to you from windows. They cross the street to talk to you. Parents will stop you and ask if they can introduce you to their daughter.

It isn't just the Philippines. Anywhere in the third world. But in my view the Filipinas are the most beautiful - not just physically, but beauty is on the inside more than anything else.

It's amazing how much wrath you take from culturally-conditioned and jealous people about it. Most people are fine with it, but there is a very strange minority that foams at the mouth over it. You cheated! You exploited her! Human trafficking! She's just a prostitute!

So you just have to live well with your beautiful young wife and child while the veins in their necks bulge and their eyes pop out. At first we tried to explain to these types that both of us really were happy and that there is nothing at all wrong with the millions of marriages like ours - how much it has improved my life, her life, her family's life, plus this wonderful child.

Then we realized that anyone having a problem with it - that's their problem, not ours. Get as far away from them as you can so that when their head explodes you don't get brain matter on your shirt.

Oh haha aurora07 That was great. What are the directions to the Bi/Gay room again? I need a quarter today to call up the welfare office.

It's amazing how much wrath you take from culturally-conditioned and jealous people about it. Most people are fine with it, but there is a very strange minority that foams at the mouth over it. You cheated! You exploited her! Human trafficking! She's just a prostitute!

Don't forget the other side that says she exploited you! She just wants a green card after all, how could you imagine that she would really want a strong family - with you!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

We met on an island. He was in Boracay to do more diving. I was in Boracay because I've always wanted to live there for a few months.

It felt like fate coz we were both already on the island for 2 months before we met each other. We both hang out at the same place on the island but never saw each other until one evening we were introduced by a common friend. After that we started hanging out and were just inseparable! We both stayed on the island for 10 months! Now 6 months later since we've left the island.. we are back here and enjoying our time with friends and the island life once more before the interview!! :)

IR-5 Petition Parent (this is going to be a long journey)

02.12.2018 - I130 form sent (via USPS) 

02.21.2018 - I130 form delivered (via USPS) mail shipment delayed delivery

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

02.24.2018 - Text Notification received 

03.05.2018 - NOA1 Received

10.05.2018 - NOA2 Received (NOA date 10.02.2018) -- Petition approved.  Petition sent to NVC in Portsmouth, NH  

I love this topic! ok, our story is really long so go get yourself some popcorn and something to drink :lol:

I met my husband in the war zone. I worked in a military base in Baghdad, Iraq. I worked in a beauty shop there and my husband was a regular customer of my co-worker.Let me explain how life was over there. I'm not trying to sound conceited and arrogant but when a female is in a military base, the ratio of man to woman is like 1:150 and especially our job in a beauty/barber shop where we meet a lot of different people, and I can say I met "my share" of ratio. It's like,when you walk outside,every guys act like Jim Carrey in the mask when he saw Cameron Diaz walking and his eyes got big and his jaw dropped and his tongue rolled out. Oh man! guys were crazy! Everybody say they're single, blah blah blah! Most of them just try to hit on you,give you gifts just to get you in bed. So i was like,"Ok, whatever, I am here to work and make money for my family back home. I just listen to their BS and let it out on the other ear as they leave. So 2 years of living like that and met a lot of people, I never expected that I will meet my "then future husband" there. It's just so hard to talk about love in that place because of all the people who lies. There's a lot of ladies who went home pregnant because their soldiers and contractors boyfriend's deployment was over and they were left with the broken promises of marriage and responsibility . I try not to take guy's words seriously because I didn't want to end up like them. I'm not trying to sound too smart cause I also had 1 relationship there were my ex was married back in the US and I didn't know. Glad that the 1st base I worked at was really strict and don't allow guys and girls together outside unless they are both soldiers or work on the same company. When I moved to a different base, it was more free to hang out and be friends with others.

And so enough for the base life, my husband was a regular customer of my co-worker and I think my co-worker have a crush on him too.I do his haircut to from time to time but we never thought we'll become close because we were just barber-customer relationship. Every thursday night is the karaoke night in the MWR ( its the recreation center there) and I love to sing so I go every week. It's my day off too so I go there early cause it's a little long of a walk. One night my co-worker called me and said she invited Mark to karaoke and he have a truck and he'll drives us there. They picked me up and went to the MWR. There, we met some of our friends too and we just hang out in the billiard area(I can play pretty well and we played with everyone), but my co-worker( she's 35 yrs old single lady) don't know how to play and I guess she felt left out, she went to chat with another filipino(her co-kapampangan) that works there. We weren't really thinking, We were just having fun playing pool with others while we were waiting for my turn to sing on the stage. When it was time to go back, she's not talking anymore and I was like, I didnt do anything wrong, I just enjoyed the night, you're the one who suggested it. Same as when we went there, i was sitting in the backseat because I he was "her" friend and regular customer, I'm just here for the "fun". When we got home, he secretly gave me his phone,you know, so I could save my number in there. So I did without thinking of anything. I just thought maybe he wants to talk about her and why she's awfully quiet.

Next days, I see him around often and we became friends and my co-worker still not talking to me or him. Weeks passed and I guess we're already dating because we see each other everyday but we weren't really serious. He just divorced recently and I don't want to start expecting anything cause I dont want to get hurt. I even broke up with him a few times. Our relationship was on and off. After 8 months of on/off dating, he proposed to me. I said "how can I believe you?" , "what if I go home and you don't keep your promise?" , I dont want to go home and lose my job, I still dont have any savings. I dont want to be heart-broken and literally broke at the same time. I still need to help my family. What he did, he bought a non-refundable ticket to the Philippines to prove that he's going to come and see me. He gave me a copy of his divorce decree and he filed for a fiance visa for me. And I accepted his marriage proposal.

I also tried my best to prove him that I'm not after his citizenship, I started controlling my earnings, and I let him keep it for me so I can learn how to budget my money and not send my family everything. I saved about 20K $ before I had to go back home and wait for him to get me and he put it in a bank and its in his name.. My friends tells me I'm crazy about giving him my money but I trust him and our relationship. He went to the Philippines twice, for a vacation and to pick me up so we can come here to the US together.When we got married,we put all our savings together and all in our names. And now,here we are,been together for almost four years and happier than ever :luv: .

P.S.- my co-worker started to talk to me again a week before I go back to the Philippines. She said she's not mad anymore for "stealing" him.. :lol:

I hope my story is not to boring or too long. I just want to share.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.