26 posts in this topic

If everything we send so far,from forms,to affadavit to payments,was accepted as correct,everything was approved and sent to embassy and now we are only waiting for interview's(husband)day to come...do we have to be affraid of denial??? I mean,other than medical,my husband doesn't need to bring anything with him to embassy because everything is there(NVC sent it all to be ready for him when he comes to interv.) WHAT POSSIBLY COULD BE A REASON IN ONE MONTH FOR NOW THAT HE IS DENIED FOR VISA???? I am reading about this uncertainty and I am nervosu too but in procentage,how many cases after everything is nice correct and complete,is denied?? And why?

Hi

only double check the consular webpage, to be sure about all papers that you probably will need. you can arrenge additional evidence, like Pictures cronologically arrenged, phone calls logs. if you think about some paper that propably would be useful then he should bring them.

I tell you that, because in the consular interview you have to bring documents that probably werent given before, for example, her birth certificate, it is no needed at the begining but is required in the interview.

but in general terms i dont think you need to be afraid and i wish you a LOT OF LUCK because everything will be fine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

From what I have heard, the interview is where most denials happen. What does that mean? It means... if you are trying to pull a fast one or something is fishy then you should be afraid. If you are sincere and really in love, then no part of this process should you fear other than something being missed and causing a delay.

Just when we thought we winning the rat race... along comes a faster rat (i.e USCIS)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If everything we send so far,from forms,to affadavit to payments,was accepted as correct,everything was approved and sent to embassy and now we are only waiting for interview's(husband)day to come...do we have to be affraid of denial??? I mean,other than medical,my husband doesn't need to bring anything with him to embassy because everything is there(NVC sent it all to be ready for him when he comes to interv.) WHAT POSSIBLY COULD BE A REASON IN ONE MONTH FOR NOW THAT HE IS DENIED FOR VISA???? I am reading about this uncertainty and I am nervosu too but in procentage,how many cases after everything is nice correct and complete,is denied?? And why?

You wont be ddenied unless there is a criminalbackground or there might be a sign of fraud.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*** not interviewing for a K-3 visa - moving to CR-1/IR-1 forum ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Some bad info provided in this topic... there are a great many reasons that the CO can deny a case, real reasons or ones they made up... depending on the consulate I would be affraid that the CO wasnt having a bad day... or that the translator didnt like the applicant...

Best advice is to become familiar with the consulate, its requirements and be as prepard as possible... have everything well organized.... dont let the CO's questions rattle the spouse... dont be surprised if the questions become what many would consider inappropriate...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

please understand, that just because it was 'accepted' at NVC, it doesn't mean the Consular Officer at the Immigration Unit inside of the US Embassy/Consulate will NOT find problems with it, ah ? Also, don't forget that an approved petition means the foreign spouse is ALLOWED to apply for a visa. Never means 'all is well' - IMO - 'all is well' on interview day - when the ConOff says 'yer approved - Welcome to USA'

Many times, I-864 is some issue, things strange on the DS-230 - NVC ONLY CHECKS for completeness and 'dollar amount' - and that's it. A ConOff knows how to sniff out problems - and the casefile always in hand prior to interview day - time is made for 'eyeball review', as well - so if any perceived ISSUES with the 'totality of the casefile' - notes are made in the casefile, prior to interview day.

The Interviewing Officer sees those notes, as well, and 'makes the interview' go a certain way, based on the notes.

Also - is different 'approach' as well, based on which US Embassy/Consulate it is.

Although your question is 'general' in nature, the answer is 'specific' in scope - it depends on where the interview is, as well.

my husband doesn't need to bring anything with him to embassy because everything is there

Many people have the 'bonafide relationship evidence', up-to-date file, on interview day. Please review the I-130 instructions, review the 6 types of evidence, review your Consular Reviews - then LET US KNOW if you feel you should prep a package for your foreign spouse, for this 'bonafide relationship evidence' - or not ?

WHAT POSSIBLY COULD BE A REASON IN ONE MONTH FOR NOW THAT HE IS DENIED FOR VISA??

difficult to say, EXACTLY, as only YOU know the contents of the casefile.

---

Please fill out yer timeline over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=85177 - helps us to help you, and helps others coming up behind you, as well.

----

If I sound a bit harsh, forgive me - I'm old cranky curmudgeon , always write in this tone..

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country:
Timeline

You wont be ddenied unless there is a criminalbackground or there might be a sign of fraud.

Definitely not true. Check out some of the things that have happened in Ecuador...people have been denied just because the petitioner has not shown up to the interview. Well, I suppose you may be right in so far as you won't be denied without some type of evidence of fraud, but I do not think that the petitioner not showing up would constitute a reasonable amount of fraud to the average person. Now, most embassies do not unofficially require the petitioners presence, which makes it so important that the OP actually say where he/she is from and/or look at the reviews of the particular country.

Hi

only double check the consular webpage, to be sure about all papers that you probably will need. you can arrenge additional evidence, like Pictures cronologically arrenged, phone calls logs. if you think about some paper that propably would be useful then he should bring them.

I tell you that, because in the consular interview you have to bring documents that probably werent given before, for example, her birth certificate, it is no needed at the begining but is required in the interview.

but in general terms i dont think you need to be afraid and i wish you a LOT OF LUCK because everything will be fine.

Yes,we were told by NVC that nothing else is needed,I sent everything and everything is in embassy on file.So we're fine as far as documents that are needed for interview.PHotos,medical review is of course needed and stuff like records of phone calls and similar...I guess,the time is getting closer,we are getting crazier being separated and more affraid that something will come up while waiting for this day,so...reading here other people posts just adds a little bit more nervousness...Guess you all can feel the same and relate to it...It's always that question that lingers even when everyghing is ok-What if they say no...And when you're living from day to day and praying for day of reunion to come,then you're affraid of all kinds of things going wrong... Hopefully,everything will go fine.

From what I have heard, the interview is where most denials happen. What does that mean? It means... if you are trying to pull a fast one or something is fishy then you should be afraid. If you are sincere and really in love, then no part of this process should you fear other than something being missed and causing a delay.

THIS IS TRUE but we are just humans and have tendency to get nervous..not nervous because of the interview,but because of possibillity something goes wrong WHEN YOU WANT SO MUCH TO BE WITH SOMEONE YOU LOVE...that includes prolonged waiting too...I see lots of cases like that here and it's sad...very very sad.

Some bad info provided in this topic... there are a great many reasons that the CO can deny a case, real reasons or ones they made up... depending on the consulate I would be affraid that the CO wasnt having a bad day... or that the translator didnt like the applicant...

Best advice is to become familiar with the consulate, its requirements and be as prepard as possible... have everything well organized.... dont let the CO's questions rattle the spouse... dont be surprised if the questions become what many would consider inappropriate...

:))) Heard that one! But that's fine..whatever just send me my husband before I get gray hairs :)))

please understand, that just because it was 'accepted' at NVC, it doesn't mean the Consular Officer at the Immigration Unit inside of the US Embassy/Consulate will NOT find problems with it, ah ? Also, don't forget that an approved petition means the foreign spouse is ALLOWED to apply for a visa. Never means 'all is well' - IMO - 'all is well' on interview day - when the ConOff says 'yer approved - Welcome to USA'

Many times, I-864 is some issue, things strange on the DS-230 - NVC ONLY CHECKS for completeness and 'dollar amount' - and that's it. A ConOff knows how to sniff out problems - and the casefile always in hand prior to interview day - time is made for 'eyeball review', as well - so if any perceived ISSUES with the 'totality of the casefile' - notes are made in the casefile, prior to interview day.

The Interviewing Officer sees those notes, as well, and 'makes the interview' go a certain way, based on the notes.

Also - is different 'approach' as well, based on which US Embassy/Consulate it is.

Although your question is 'general' in nature, the answer is 'specific' in scope - it depends on where the interview is, as well.

my husband doesn't need to bring anything with him to embassy because everything is there

Many people have the 'bonafide relationship evidence', up-to-date file, on interview day. Please review the I-130 instructions, review the 6 types of evidence, review your Consular Reviews - then LET US KNOW if you feel you should prep a package for your foreign spouse, for this 'bonafide relationship evidence' - or not ?

WHAT POSSIBLY COULD BE A REASON IN ONE MONTH FOR NOW THAT HE IS DENIED FOR VISA??

difficult to say, EXACTLY, as only YOU know the contents of the casefile.

---

Please fill out yer timeline over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=85177 - helps us to help you, and helps others coming up behind you, as well.

----

If I sound a bit harsh, forgive me - I'm old cranky curmudgeon , always write in this tone..

Well,besides pics,phone calls.plane tickets and similar,we don't have any bonafida because we don't live on same continent..no common bills,adresses,whatever else...Reviews in his embassy are pretty ok,7-10 minutes questioning time,in fact i know at least three persons who came within 6 mos to their spuses from the same city as he is from in last yr...If you know something else about Macedonian embassy,let me know.I sent mail to ask them exactly what else to bring,they said,they'll see at the time of interview...Check list has everything checked as received.. As i said,I know that he'll bring photos and messenger records,my plane tickets,proof of my stay for few months each time etc but there's nothing else really as we never lived together...But we are hoping we will soon :)

There;s nothing really I could find on that particular embassy on here..or their site...so hopefully it'll work out fine.

Definitely not true. Check out some of the things that have happened in Ecuador...people have been denied just because the petitioner has not shown up to the interview. Well, I suppose you may be right in so far as you won't be denied without some type of evidence of fraud, but I do not think that the petitioner not showing up would constitute a reasonable amount of fraud to the average person. Now, most embassies do not unofficially require the petitioners presence, which makes it so important that the OP actually say where he/she is from and/or look at the reviews of the particular country.

well,in our embassy I CANNOT EVEN GO INSIDE WITH MY HUSBAND ON THE DAY OF INTERVIEW... and i am a petitioner! Just him!!! They also stated to send only his civil documents,nothing of me...Unless they want something on the day of interview..I asked them just recently and that is what they said. I would want to be with him inside at least but,in this embassy only applicant goes...petitioneer stays outside smoking,hahahaha...waiting and nail biting :))) Visa is given second day and sometimes same day in the afternoon...I guess each embassy has it's own protocol...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

check out the serbia, croatia, or bosnia forums theye might have some Macedonians since they all huddle together...good luck

[font="Century Gothic"]Married March 27, 2010
Sent out I-130 December 29, 2010
Recieved NOA 1 January 4, 2011
Touched January 6, 2011
Recieved NOA 2 May 9, 2011
Interview September 27, 2011
Visa in hand Septmeber 30, 2011 (it would of been the same day as the interview but they requested some more info)
POE - JFK, NYC October 12, 2011 [/font]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;23/st/20100327/e/Since+our+wedding/k/ccbb/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.