quantumgirl

how long do I have to send in forms after I receive pack 3

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Our I-129F was received bei VSC on July 6.

I will be visiting my fiance for 2 months from August 20 to Oct 17.

Since Vermont seems to be processing applications rather quickly right now, I think we might receive NOA2 while I am in the USA. So I might not be home in Germany when I receive Pack 3. Will that be a problem? How quickly will I need to reply to pack 3 and send off all the forms to the embassy? Or is there no time limit?

This is kinda scaring me. Will I need to cancel my visit to make sure I'm home when pack 3 gets here? :(

K1 timeline

07/01/2010: mailed I-129F

07/12/2010: NOA1

11/10/2010: NOA2

01/04/2011: Pack 3 sent

01/10/2011: Pack 4 received

01/13/2011: interview

01/22/2011: K1 visa in mail

03/29/2011: POE (Houston)

04/30/2011: wedding

AOS, EAD, AP timeline

05/02/2011: mailed I-485, I-765, I-131

05/09/2011: NOA1

05/30/2011: Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You don't need to be home when packet 3 arrives. The letter in your packet 3 may say how long you have, but this question is definitely better suited for your regional forum as it likely differs from consulate to consulate. Also, don't forget your NOA2 has an expiry date, although the consular officer can extend it if they want.

My suggestion is to ask in your regional forum.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.