one...two...tree

Filipinos Against Arizona Immigration Law SB1070

303 posts in this topic

I have no problem with mexicans coming here for a better life. If I were poor and living in mexico I would do the same. I mostly believe immigration rules are far too reaching , each person that applies should be approved and given a chance.

"from a Third World country with relative ease"

I wouldn't say its relative ease, its very expensive, takes a long time and not guaranteed. In fact, its so expensive to apply to come to the usa I don't know how most people are able to do it

although i agree with you about the cost of having to come to America has severely increased over the years...what makes you think was the cause of that? and the reason why open borders wouldn't work is because of, as one member said, NATIONAL SECURITY. and why is it that hard to enter legally? because the federal government want to make sure that the person coming into the United States will not be a burden to the taxpayers. although the law needs to be enforced when it comes to immigration, there will always be that room for abuse as well. i work for a state agency and you know how many illegal immigrants commit fraud by filing false on the job injuries and get worker's comp benefits? once the claim has been filed, it's smooth sailing for the said illigal immigrants. they just have to wait for the money in the mail and not work anymore until the benefits run out for them. and what does this do?...it increases premiums for those who does things by the book. as newton said...for every action...there's an equal reaction.

I-130 for wife and kids

---------------------------------------------

02/11/2010: I-130 as an LPR mailed certified

02/25/2010: Recvd letters-I-130s was recvd

06/17/2010: Oathtaking - Became a US Citizen

06/21/2010: Called USCIS to let them know to update my I-130 from an LPR petition to a USC petition.

06/25/2010: Case for both sons Touched

06/28/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Oldest son)

06/30/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Wife & youngest son)

07/19/2010: G-325A returned. Incomplete.

07/30/2010: Completed G-325A mailed back via certified mail

08/04/2010: Certified mail delivered at Laguna Niguel

08/07/2010: Touched - UCSIC received reply to RFE

08/13/2010: I-130 APPROVED!!! (recvd email update)

NVC JOURNEY

08/20/2010: NVC recvd I-130 and case number assigned

09/01/2010: Recvd AOS fee bill & DS-3032 via email

09/02/2010: Paid AOS fee & DS-3032 sent back via email

09/13/2010: AOS packet mailed via UPS

09/15/2010: AOS signed for by NVC. IV fee for wife & kids ready.

10/07/2010: Per AVR/NVC - Need to correct I864W for kids

10/11/2010: DS-230 packet & corrected I-864W sent to NVC via UPS

10/15/2010: Recvd and signed for by NVC

11/02/2010: NVC online fee payment portal SIF. NVC adviced that final stages of review.

11/03/2010: AVR - APPLICATION COMPLETED!!

11/10/2010: Medical...1st day at St. Luke's

11/12/2010: Pick up results for Medical - PASSED!

11/16/2010: USEM interview scheduled on 12/14/10

12/14/2010: VISAS APPROVED!!!!

12/20/2010: Visas received

02/22/2011: Cali bound

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is certainly a hot and volatile topic for which there are no winners. I feel compelled to add my 2 cents about all this. Here is a fact. Illegal aliens children are entitled to Medicaid. I spoke with a Medicaid Representative and he stated that the parents get medicaid because of their children. The more children they have the more the medical and cash benefits they receive. He told me they are forbidden to contact immigration enforcement when they encounter these illegals.(Primarily all Mexicans) This disturbs me! Since when do we get to pick and choose what laws we will obey! I could see me arguing that to a judge. I just want to think my hard earned tax dollars will go to help those with the dignity, honor and self respect to obey the laws of our country and do things the right way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

refrain from personal attacks. one post returned below with personal attack removed.

---removed--------. NO countries above 3rd worlds sttus have open borders. most 3rd worlders don't have open borders. immigration to china, or the phillipines, or mexico, or anywhere else, is generally more difficult than immigration to USA. even married to a chinese i can never become a chinese citizen. in mexico i cannot buy decent property. same is true in phils, with various reach-arounds that may nto be wise.

you wanna let them all in? fine. the unwashed masses can all live at your house. i'll mail you a sleeping bag or two for them. post your address so we can tell them all exactly where to go.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I'm a supporter of SB1070. It will be a great day in US history when all states enact this. I wish Florida would follow in AZ's footsteps. Illegal is illegal!!! red yellow black white brown. I don't about your skin color.

sha 100% + ako 50% = 75% pinoy anak

I will be happy when the government sues AZ and wins, its discrimination. You cant single out "brown" people and ask for papers. What if you are with your filipina wifes and she doesnt have her ID with her? You will be ok with her being sent to jail until you can provide documents?

Oh well, support this if you want but when it starts to effect you and your wife because she/he is from another country then you won't have any right to complain

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Timeline

This is certainly a hot and volatile topic for which there are no winners. I feel compelled to add my 2 cents about all this. Here is a fact. Illegal aliens children are entitled to Medicaid. I spoke with a Medicaid Representative and he stated that the parents get medicaid because of their children. The more children they have the more the medical and cash benefits they receive. He told me they are forbidden to contact immigration enforcement when they encounter these illegals.(Primarily all Mexicans) This disturbs me! Since when do we get to pick and choose what laws we will obey! I could see me arguing that to a judge. I just want to think my hard earned tax dollars will go to help those with the dignity, honor and self respect to obey the laws of our country and do things the right way.

This has been the case sense Throughout the 70's. My mother worked for the Illinois Migrant Council.

She woulfd drive them to get foodstamps, cash and medical card back then. If needed they were given emrgency assistance (CASH). No questions Asked

She enrolled all that requested into the local schools for the chilfren and adult education classes at the Comm College and all at the cost of the tax payer.

Timeline

I will be happy when the government sues AZ and wins, its discrimination. You cant single out "brown" people and ask for papers. What if you are with your filipina wifes and she doesnt have her ID with her? You will be ok with her being sent to jail until you can provide documents?

Oh well, support this if you want but when it starts to effect you and your wife because she/he is from another country then you won't have any right to complain

I understand your concern but I belive it will nto be a concern you will worry about for long when the law stands and Obama oops (DOJ) is turned out once again.

Look probably no one here knows the laws that are being made that really affect me personally. Not throwing a sympathy card but let me tell you I have worked hard to win back what I lost and now liberties are being taken away by knee jerk laws. This law is in no way a knee jerk law (not that anyone is saying it is) and even though more sever laws are affecting me each day it seems; I still support this law SB1070

Timeline

I am liberal concerning social issues. I am also a strong supporter of the Arizona law and anti-immigration.

How unfair is it that I have to go through all this ####### and a huge expense to have my fiancee legally here, but these illegal aliens think they can be here with no consequences. My fiancee would have no problem showing her greencard to law enforcement officials. Just the same as if I was in the Philippines and had to show my passport with a valid visa to the PNP or immigration officials.

The 14th Amendment needs to be repealed!!! No other country has this law. It was designed to allow African Americans the right to citizenship.

Back in the early 90s, my best friend worked in law enforcement. One day he was on patrol and saw several individuals urinating on a fence in plain sight at a gas station. We he approached the individuals they all wemt bacl inside the van. He asked for their ID but they could not produce any ID. The driver (smuggler/coyote) had a suspended license. He informed dispatch through the radio and they called the border patrol. The border patrol was 90 minutes away, but they requested that my friend wait and detain the individuals until they arrived. The border patrol arrived and took the 12 or so illegal aliens but they let the coyotes go for some reason. My friend wrote the guy a ticket for driving on a suspended license and towed away the van to impound.

That was back in the early 90s. The Arizona law changes nothing.

Timeline

How is it possible for the Federal Gov't to sue AZ when in fact it is just enforcing a Federal law ? Im lost........................

Illegal is not a race .... :wacko:

2007-08-21Met through dating site

2007-10-12Hubby's first visit/met me and picked him up in Davao International Airport

2007-10-17Officially engaged to my one and only love hubby & formally proposed in front of my family

2007-10-22Flew back to the US

2008-02-022nd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Cebu International Airport

2008-02-04Went into the US embassy Cebu to get his certificate of legal capacity

2008-02-05Flew back together into Davao City and drove to Tagum City

2008-02-27Our awaited precious moment the WEDDING DAY!!!!

2008-03-04Hubby Flew back to the US

2009-05-013rd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Hong Kong International Airport

2009-05-02We went to Hong Kong disneyland (pretty amazing)

2009-05-03Flew back together into Manila and got his balikbayan visa to stay here with me for one year

2009-12-24First time we celebrate together the Christmas Eve (very much awesome!)

2009-12-31First time we celebrate together the New Years Eve (very much happy)

2010-01-07We celebrate together on his Birthday!

2010-01-15Celebrate together on his cutie wifey Birthday!

2010-01-25Sent I-130

2010-01-27Manila consulate received

2010-03-31I-130 approved(66 days)

2010-04-15NOA2 received

2010-04-22Packet 3 received(YaY)

2010-04-24DS230I & DS2001 Sent

2010-04-26Manila consulate received

2010-05-06Packet 4 received(Yepeyy)

2010-05-26-MEDICAL 7:00am(Passed)

2010-06-17-INTERVIEW 7:00 AM VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Lord !!!

2010-06-19 Recieved passport with visa via Air21 so fastttttt !!

2010-07-16 POE Detroit

2010-07-26 Recieved SS card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's not a race card if it's true.

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.