Ban Hammer

Baghdad kills 58,000 stray dogs in 3-month span

26 posts in this topic

I thought they'd be able to kill more dogs in 3 months then only 58K. They need to kill atleast a million to put any significant dent into the stray population.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

during what is now known as the first gulf war - back then it was desert storm - we'd move around the desert miles at a time, stop and set up camp in the middle of nowhere. nothing to see in any direction.

within just a few hours, we'd have at least a dozen dogs hanging around the perimeter. these dogs were not skinny and they'd look at you like you was dinner - they wasn't scared of strangers. i think they got fat eating the kia's.

eta: if you threw rocks at them to run them off, they'd just get up, walk just outta rock throwing range, and lie back down again. i got the feeling they were vultures on 4 legs. :blink:

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well,

may be the people in Baghdad are more progressive than the Chechens I know in Moscow.

It seems weird to me that someone who knows that dogs are considered dirty by their religion would keep a dog. I mean if they were progressive, I can imagine that they would not worry about touching dogs, but keeping a dog? Seems too much of a deviation and too much of a statement that could cause violence from more religious neighbors.

Baghdad is actually a pretty progressive city. What you see on TV about "the rules of Islam" has almost ZERO application in Baghdad.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

within just a few hours, we'd have at least a dozen dogs hanging around

i got the feeling they were vultures on 4 legs. :blink:

Dogs are one of the most successful animals to live off of humans and they go feral very quickly. If there's enough food around, they'll form huge packs and start attacking humans if needed.

Detroit actually has a similar problem. Not on the same scale, of course, but there are feral dog packs roaming the streets there.

may be the people in Baghdad are more progressive than the Chechens I know in Moscow.

Associating those two is like associating the people of Rome with the people of Bolivia because they're both Catholic.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

One thing to keep in mind is that dogs are views as pets in Western or other well off countries. Dogs are considered feral animals in poorer countries. People can't find food and space, let alone keeping a pet. These dogs are unnecessary as they bring to benefit to society. It's best if they're killed off so disease don't spread and people aren't killed/attacked by these dogs.

Thank Allah, there are no feral Canine of Peace. That would be a disaster.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Detroit actually has a similar problem. Not on the same scale, of course, but there are feral dog packs roaming the streets there.

I've never heard of that.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

during what is now known as the first gulf war - back then it was desert storm - we'd move around the desert miles at a time, stop and set up camp in the middle of nowhere. nothing to see in any direction.

within just a few hours, we'd have at least a dozen dogs hanging around the perimeter. these dogs were not skinny and they'd look at you like you was dinner - they wasn't scared of strangers. i think they got fat eating the kia's.

eta: if you threw rocks at them to run them off, they'd just get up, walk just outta rock throwing range, and lie back down again. i got the feeling they were vultures on 4 legs. :blink:

That's an interesting story. Hubby told me one about when he was in the military. He was stationed in Suez for a period and he went to have a rest in one of the barracks. On his way inside he let a stray cat inside to door. He went to lay down on a cot under the window and then he said the cat went "poof" with it's back up in the air making itself twice as big. He said he sat up and looked up at the window above his cot and there were 12 stray dogs looking in the window staring at the cat wondering how to get it. He said he was glad he let the cat inside because otherwise those dogs would just be at his door and he may have gotten hurt by them.

Edited by Cleocatra

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

One thing to keep in mind is that dogs are views as pets in Western or other well off countries. Dogs are considered feral animals in poorer countries. People can't find food and space, let alone keeping a pet. These dogs are unnecessary as they bring to benefit to society. It's best if they're killed off so disease don't spread and people aren't killed/attacked by these dogs.

Thank Allah, there are no feral Canine of Peace. That would be a disaster.

Feral doigs are common in the cities of the FSU. I always wondered why they never did anything about them, they can be dangerous and it was not uncommon to hear about someone being bitten by them. I was told by more than one Ukrainian that they considered them a "sign of prosperity". Really? Why? "had you been here after the 2nd war, you would know why...there were no feral dogs then" :wow:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla