maximus

Got NOA 2 now whats next?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I finally recieved the approved NOA 2 after approx. 71 days of waiting. Now what do I need to do next? Send my fiance' the duplicate packet 129F that I made according to the visa guide and will I also at this point send her my I134 documents of support, tax returns, pay stubs, updated letter of intent to marry?

Also at what point would I buy her plane ticket to the USA? After the medical I would guess but it maybe much less expensive to purchase the plane ticket several months in advance, the problem with that is if she doesn't for some reason pass the medical or interview then the money spent on the ticket would be lost.

Is there a step by step guide as to what documents to send and at what point in the visa process?

Also she has a 2 year old daughter but never married so will she still need some type of letter from the father to allow the child to come to the USA?

If anyone is from the San Francisco Bayarea and can guide a fellow member and newbie going thru the K1 and also a K2 for the child please email or PM me with any assistance I would be greatly aprreciative.

Thank You to all VJ members and Good Luck and God Bless!

Edited by maximus

I finally recieved the approved NOA 2 after approx. 71 days of waiting. Now what do I need to do next? Send my fiance' the duplicate packet 129F that I made according to the visa guide and will I also at this point send her my I134 documents of support, tax returns, pay stubs, updated letter of intent to marry?

Also at what point would I buy her plane ticket to the USA? After the medical I would guess but it maybe much less expensive to purchase the plane ticket several months in advance, the problem with that is if she doesn't for some reason pass the medical or interview then the money spent on the ticket would be lost.

Is there a step by step guide as to what documents to send and at what point in the visa process?

Also she has a 2 year old daughter but never married so will she still need some type of letter from the father to allow the child to come to the USA?

If anyone is from the San Francisco Bayarea and can guide a fellow member and newbie going thru the K1 and also a K2 for the child please email or PM me with any assistance I would be greatly aprreciative.

Thank You to all VJ members and Good Luck and God Bless!

Im so happy fir you that you recieved your NOA2 been waiting for a months a half for my NOA2 and never heard from them.

Follow this Guide: click here!

Omit sections 4.5 and 5.1. The document verification is no longer done and air 21 is the new currier.

Another useful source is the US Embassy Manila website: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html

Follow the navigation links on the left side of the webpage.

Your next step is waiting a week or two and calling the NVC to find if your petition has been forwarded and to get a Manila case number. Or you can be really patient and what for them to hopefully send you a letter.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Congratulations!! :thumbs: We really got lucky at getting our NOA2 after only 21 days, thank God. But now we are all in the same boat preparing for more paperworks.

My Fiance and I, decided not to mail the entire I-129F duplicate packet as it will cost him another $100 or more if he sends it to me. So what we did is he scanned important things and I will be printing them out here. Like: NOA1 & 2, his passport & stamps as proof of meeting each other, his naturalization paper as it was part of our package sent to USCIS, and we're still waiting for NVC letter. I was the one who compiled the chatlogs, emails, phone logs and money transfers so it's easy for me to print the documents out. Pictures as proofs can just be printed here and will cost your fiance Php5 per picture.

Helpful links are already pinned on this regional forum, so read read read.

For your fiancee's daughter, from what I know, the biological father/one declared on the birth cert needs to sign some paperworks from Department of Social Welfare & Dev (DSWD) advising his consent to let the mom take the kid with her. You might be able to get more infos at http://www.dswd.gov.ph/

Our K1 Journey:

Family friends for a long time

17 May 2009 - Started Chatting

08 Jul 2009 - Became an Official Couple

21 Jan 2010 - J's birthday/Day he proposed

28 May 2010 - I-129F packet sent to VSC

28 Jun 2010 - Notice date on NOA2/Approved in 21 days!

08 Sep 2010 - US Embassy Interview/Approved!

17 Jan 2011 - Point of entry: Detroit, Michigan

21 Feb 2011 - Day we got married

Adjustment of Status | Orlando, Florida:

15 Mar 2011 - AOS packet was mailed

18 Mar 2011 - Packet Delivered

23 Mar 2011 - Check cashed

28 Mar 2011 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485 & I-765

06 Apr 2011 - I-485 Case transferred to CSC

03 May 2011 - Biometrics for I-485 & I-765

11 May 2011 - Green Card & EAD in Production 44 days after NOA1 :)

16 May 2011 - GC & EAD at hand!

Lifting Conditions:

17 Jan 2013 - Receive reminder mail from USCIS to file I-751

09 Feb 2013 - Mailed complete I-751 packet

11 Feb 2013 - Packet Delivered to Vermont

14 Feb 2013 - Check Cashed

18 Feb 2013 - Receive NOA in the mail for I-751 (says conditional status extended for another year, yay!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.