one...two...tree

from the Constitutional Law Professor Blog

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Haha what I meant was making money through civil lawsuits. The way I see it, even if no one had challenged the law, there will quite a few civil lawsuits given that 287g caused plenty of suits and its very small in scale in comparison to SB1070.

How ironic would it be to see Arizona's coffers drained by immigrants in court.

Their coffers are already being drained by so called immigrants, court or not. So what do they have to lose when they are already losing?

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Yes. These constitutional law professors are in cahoots with the DOJ and are just making this sh!t up. What the hell do they know compared to the armchair legal experts we have here on VJ?

And what are you? King of the copy and paste for sure.

There is no guarantee that the Feds will win on the pre-emption tactic, a catch-all tactic long used by the Feds when they want something done their way.

The Arizona law does not necessarily contradict Federal law. Recent decisions by the Supreme Court have been favorable for State laws to exist with Federal laws.

I would not wager which way the decision will come down despite what your copy and paste says.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Their coffers are already being drained by so called immigrants, court or not. So what do they have to lose when they are already losing?

It is always great to see a fresh debate regarding immigrants destroying America because the good old USA has never had them before!

clawsv.jpg

1881 Beware the Chinese are coming!!!

shadowsh.jpg

Looking Backward

“Looking Backward” A Puck cartoon from 1893 with sentiments 180 degrees opposite from “The Unrestricted Dumping Ground” Judge cartoon from ten years later. This one shows an immigrant stepping off the ship, only to be greeted by the forbidding figures, in their bourgeois splendor, telling him to go back where he came from. The kicker, though, is in the shadows lurking behind those forbidding figures: It’s the representation of their own ragged selves, and their ancestors, at the time of their own arrival! The caption nicely summarizes the point: “They would close to the new-comer the bridge that carried them and their fathers over.” Sound familiar?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

It is always great to see a fresh debate regarding immigrants destroying America because the good old USA has never had them before.

FYI - Just in case you missed it, we are discussing ILLEGAL immigrants, not legal immigrants. The distinction should be obvious, but, maybe not.

FYI - Just in case you missed it, we are discussing ILLEGAL immigrants, not legal immigrants. The distinction should be obvious, but, maybe not.

Actually while illegal immigrants are getting all the press these days, and the fawning over here on VJ by the anti-immigrant crowd, the link between white supremacists and the creation of the Arizona law are well documented. That doesn't probably bother anyone here who just doesn't care for Mexicans though right?

The reality is the pool of illegals has actually shrunken in the past few years, and the larger reality is that the lions share of even those are not necessarily who we should be going after. And finally, immigrants, illegal or otherwise are not at the heart of America's current economic woes.

cartoonkkk.jpg

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Their laws are in direct contradiction to federal laws, yet no suits have been brought against them by the DOJ. How is that? What am I missing?

If a suit was brought, it is probably in the same trash bin that the New Black Panther suit was thrown into.

RoC Timeline

08/20/2012: Sent I-751 to California Service Center

Our Immigration Checklist

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Actually while illegal immigrants are getting all the press these days, and the fawning over here on VJ by the anti-immigrant crowd, the link between white supremacists and the creation of the Arizona law are well documented. That doesn't probably bother anyone here who just doesn't care for Mexicans though right?

A +1 for irrelevance here, unless you're claiming that current Federal law, which the Arizona law mirrors, also has links with white supremacists in its creation?

And exactly what do you mean by "the link between white supremacists and the creation of the Arizona law are well documented"?

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Isn't this essentially the same way of thinking that we have with the national minimum wage law.....Many states also have a minimum wage law which says the state minimum wage is whatever the federal min wage law is.

A +1 for irrelevance here, unless you're claiming that current Federal law, which the Arizona law mirrors, also has links with white supremacists in its creation?

And exactly what do you mean by "the link between white supremacists and the creation of the Arizona law are well documented"?

The furor over illegal immigrants in the larger context of the Arizona law debate is directly relate-able to a long and ignoble history of anti-immigrant feelings to be found voiced by some groups throughout US history. The 'big debate' fueled by a certain media outlet, eaten up and regurgitated here on VJ are absolutely much ado about nothing, except of course the very heart of the matter, that the AZ law has it's heart in "white separatist" groups, which is just a polite face on "white supremacist" groups.

If you think this AZ law, and the entire kerfuffle going on right now has anything to do with illegal immigrants destroying us as a nation then you fit right in with every generational wave of anti-immigrant fervor to be found in our historical past, i.e. hysterical claims that this group or that group will diminish our quality of life and destroy our otherwise would be perfect nation. Couching your feelings with "Ya but they are here illegally" doesn't really change that fact.

As to the well documented link between who wrote the original law, Russel Pearce AZ State Senator and Neo-Nazi's it is pretty much as plain as this picture which is worth a thousand words:

Ready-Pearce_39e1d.JPG

That's a guy named J.T. Ready, who also happens to be one of Arizona's leading neo-Nazis next to Mr. Pearce, getting a hug in fact.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Smells like red herring to me. Whose payroll are you on?

The furor over illegal immigrants in the larger context of the Arizona law debate is directly relate-able to a long and ignoble history of anti-immigrant feelings to be found voiced by some groups throughout US history. The 'big debate' fueled by a certain media outlet, eaten up and regurgitated here on VJ are absolutely much ado about nothing, except of course the very heart of the matter, that the AZ law has it's heart in "white separatist" groups, which is just a polite face on "white supremacist" groups.

If you think this AZ law, and the entire kerfuffle going on right now has anything to do with illegal immigrants destroying us as a nation then you fit right in with every generational wave of anti-immigrant fervor to be found in our historical past, i.e. hysterical claims that this group or that group will diminish our quality of life and destroy our otherwise would be perfect nation. Couching your feelings with "Ya but they are here illegally" doesn't really change that fact.

As to the well documented link between who wrote the original law, Russel Pearce AZ State Senator and Neo-Nazi's it is pretty much as plain as this picture which is worth a thousand words:

Ready-Pearce_39e1d.JPG

That's a guy named J.T. Ready, who also happens to be one of Arizona's leading neo-Nazis next to Mr. Pearce, getting a hug in fact.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Ready-Pearce_39e1d.JPG

Huh ready, should I post his neo-nazi video coverage or his wife beating coverage lol?

Here's a photo of former First Lady Rosalyn Carter with notorious serial killer John Wayne Gacy. That proves she's a serial killer, too :bonk:

johnwaynegacyrosalynncarter.jpg

How many times have you connected Obama to this that or the other thing from a photograph.

Really your hypocrisy is showing.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Prove it.

I don't have to. You've got thousands of posts right on this very enlightened, family based website proving you're nothing more than a hysterical narsicist.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.