Rebecca Jo

Britain's brave, bold and risky experiment

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

No, I want you to explain how suffering is productive. I can't think of a good use for it at all, not one single positive that suffering produces that could not be produced without the individual having to undergo the suffering so please, enlighten.

enlighten?

you misunderstand the essential nature of enlightenment. enlightenment isn't given to you. no one can enlighten you. enlightenment or wisdom must come from within. first., you must be willing. and when willing, that is a voyage you must undertake ALONE. and yes, there will be suffering lol. you will learn to appreciate it, if not love it.

I will take a shot at it. Suffering usually (but not always) follows a bad decision. The suffering teaches us the penalty for those bad decisions and makes us less prone to make that mistake again. If all suffering (if that is possible) is taken out of our exsistence then we will never learn from our mistakes.

what you've done there is take a small match to an iceberg and melted off a small piece. a very small piece.

the iceberg remains.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take a shot at it. Suffering usually (but not always) follows a bad decision. The suffering teaches us the penalty for those bad decisions and makes us less prone to make that mistake again. If all suffering (if that is possible) is taken out of our exsistence then we will never learn from our mistakes.

Bullshit. Suffering is rarely a result of something one deliberately does or does not do. Suffering is not pain or disappointment. Suffering is an extreme condition. What decision did the woman with the disabled daughter make that is going to lead to them both suffering because of the lack of proper facilities to take care of the disabled daughter? What will they 'learn' from this situation?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Great now that you've told the world, I'm going to have some spiky haired punk knocking on my door.

Supernova.jpg

Just give him some Prozac and send him on his way.

FF Dissidia Cloud quotes "I won't sleep well tonight" and "I...don't care any more" :lol:

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

enlighten?

you misunderstand the essential nature of enlightenment. enlightenment isn't given to you. no one can enlighten you. enlightenment or wisdom must come from within. first., you must be willing. and when willing, that is a voyage you must undertake ALONE. and yes, there will be suffering lol. you will learn to appreciate it, if not love it.

what you've done there is take a small match to an iceberg and melted off a small piece. a very small piece.

the iceberg remains.

:rofl: Are you a Yogi?

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

So, if someone's house is destroyed or a loved one lost by a tornado or an earthquake or a tsunami or fire, then they made a bad decision? Do birth defects result from bad decisions? How about being a victim of a robbery or rape or murder or being killed by a drunk driver?

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

at last, you smile.

and so it begins.

It's too early for existentialism.

It is time for lunch though - I fancy Thai!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

Bullshit. Suffering is rarely a result of something one deliberately does or does not do. Suffering is not pain or disappointment. Suffering is an extreme condition. What decision did the woman with the disabled daughter make that is going to lead to them both suffering because of the lack of proper facilities to take care of the disabled daughter? What will they 'learn' from this situation?

Well I tried, if you don't agree then that is fine. Suffering is part of life just as joy and happyness are. You can't have the good without the bad.

How did we get from discussing world economies to discussing suffering?

Oh.

Nevermind.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Well I tried, if you don't agree then that is fine. Suffering is part of life just as joy and happyness are. You can't have the good without the bad.

You did try, but not very hard. Tell me how this works, in order for me to fully appreciate the joy of having a child I have to lose a child?