Chris M

Bank and employment documents after NOA2

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I love when people prefer to make their lives difficult for no apparent reason. If that is your decision, go ahead and make copies of every financial statement possible. Go to every bank and ask for letters. Copy every W-2, 1099, and/or other compensation document. You can even include a copy of the deed to your house and the proper financial declaration statement proving how much equity you have in your house. It is YOUR life, so you do as YOU decide. And don't forget the letter from your employer to prove that you are still working there, no matter that the letter is dated two weeks before your last pay statement.

I, on the other hand, prefer the easy route, reason I used ONLY the last two pay statements (they prove that I worked there at least until the date on the statement) printed directly at home from the Internet, and last three IRS transcripts, which required a simple phone call and they arrived to my mailbox at home one week later.

I applied the same simple logic to ALL other evidence, for both the K-1 interview and AOS (you can search for my posts to see how I was insulted by certain people who know it all here). I did not include any emails, chats, letters, or any other garbage like that (I do not like to kill trees unnecessarily). Instead, I went armed with hard evidence: boarding passes, hotel receipts, etc. And for AOS, just the fact that she's now my dependent on the health insurance, as well as another IRS transcript showing that I was married filing jointly (no other commingling of assets whatsoever).

You have the choice. It is your life, so do as you please. My suggestion was just that: a suggestion ... based on ONE successful experience, with no questions asked.

How can you prove that its a legitimate transcript and not a forged one? How do you know the consular officer will believe you because you can only produce 1 document saying what you claim as opposed to multiple from different source, see you have on your hands what we call in the aerospace industry a single fault failure, and that to me is unacceptable.

For you see, you can apply your type of logic to anything, I could say, how can the consular officer know that you werent just vacationing and thats how you have plane tickets and hotel receipts.

You gave some advice now please listen, when you act and speak in a condescending manner no one will care what you have to say and become defensive. Now I dont know if this is how you get your validation through internet forums but if it is feel free to do it in posts that do not belong to me.

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I love when people prefer to make their lives difficult for no apparent reason. If that is your decision, go ahead and make copies of every financial statement possible. Go to every bank and ask for letters. Copy every W-2, 1099, and/or other compensation document. You can even include a copy of the deed to your house and the proper financial declaration statement proving how much equity you have in your house. It is YOUR life, so you do as YOU decide. And don't forget the letter from your employer to prove that you are still working there, no matter that the letter is dated two weeks before your last pay statement.

I, on the other hand, prefer the easy route, reason I used ONLY the last two pay statements (they prove that I worked there at least until the date on the statement) printed directly at home from the Internet, and last three IRS transcripts, which required a simple phone call and they arrived to my mailbox at home one week later.

I applied the same simple logic to ALL other evidence, for both the K-1 interview and AOS (you can search for my posts to see how I was insulted by certain people who know it all here). I did not include any emails, chats, letters, or any other garbage like that (I do not like to kill trees unnecessarily). Instead, I went armed with hard evidence: boarding passes, hotel receipts, etc. And for AOS, just the fact that she's now my dependent on the health insurance, as well as another IRS transcript showing that I was married filing jointly (no other commingling of assets whatsoever).

You have the choice. It is your life, so do as you please. My suggestion was just that: a suggestion ... based on ONE successful experience, with no questions asked.

I love when people have to invent "difficulty".

I file taxes electronically, I printed my tax return and signed it. I have w-2s. Since I file electronically I never really send one in so I have lots of originals and do not even need to make copies. The bank letter (ONE) took about 10 minutes to collect from the bank after a brief phone call. Likewise my employment letter. I have since received others for the AOS of two people, the next visa interview, the next AOS for a third person...my experience is not limited to one person. I called my secretary and had her do it up, I picked it up the next time I was in the office. I was doing a lot of copying in preparation for the interview anyway.

If I wanted an uncomplicated life I would not have married a Ukrainian woman with two children. The visa and AOS and probably the smallest complications in my life. Making copies is not a complication at all.

The FACT of the matter is that CLUELESS made the statement that transcripts are PREFERRED and show something that 1040s DO NOT. THIS IS NOT TRUE as it relates to the immigration process.

As I said, transcripts are perfectly acceptable and if calling the IRS is easier for anyone, go ahead, no problem. It is NOT necessary, it is NOT preferred, the CO does NOT care and neither does USCIS. Decide based on what is easier for YOU.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

How can you prove that its a legitimate transcript and not a forged one? How do you know the consular officer will believe you because you can only produce 1 document saying what you claim as opposed to multiple from different source, see you have on your hands what we call in the aerospace industry a single fault failure, and that to me is unacceptable.

For you see, you can apply your type of logic to anything, I could say, how can the consular officer know that you werent just vacationing and thats how you have plane tickets and hotel receipts.

You gave some advice now please listen, when you act and speak in a condescending manner no one will care what you have to say and become defensive. Now I dont know if this is how you get your validation through internet forums but if it is feel free to do it in posts that do not belong to me.

Understood!

Another cheerleader I must ignore.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Now I dont know if this is how you get your validation through internet forums but if it is feel free to do it in posts that do not belong to me.

I had to run before and I could not finish my thoughts.

You don't own anything here. Therefore, as long as I follow TOS at VJ, I can and WILL say whatever I want wherever I want. So ... DEAL WITH IT!!!

Timeline

I had to run before and I could not finish my thoughts.

You don't own anything here. Therefore, as long as I follow TOS at VJ, I can and WILL say whatever I want wherever I want. So ... DEAL WITH IT!!!

Sorry I hurt your feelings, I will be more careful next time

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

I recommend making a copy of everything you submit in your packet. USCIS has a way of asking for things again that you've already sent them and they already have. If you didn't make a copy, you may be tracking stuff down again like we're getting ready to do later this week.

When I submitted packets, I made TWO copies of the complete packet and every document in it. When my wife submitted a packet, she made ZERO copies and now we have to go get new documents.

Get the picture? (It would also behoove you to do it yourself. Even though your girl/wife may be capable of doing it... nobody does the job like you do yourself.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Just to make it sufficiently clear for Chris M, since this was his topic to begin with

this is directly from the Embassy website:

Financial documents from the petitioner – a US citizen: please note, that Affidavit of Support (form I-134) is not required, but may be requested. Please submit financial documents to show that the applicant will not become a public charge in the United States. Such documents may include, but are not limited to:

* Most recent year tax returns (form 1040) or tax transcripts from IRS

* Copy of bank account

* Earnings and leave statement

* W-2 forms

* Letter from employer

and this is from the Guide here on VJ

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

Examples: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Timeline

Slim..I agree and have always recommended that only ONE person handle forms. The risk of problems increases many fold when responsibilities are divided. Alla and the boys have never done anything with a form except sign where indicated. ALWAYS make at least ONE copy of ANYthing you send to the government. NEVER send anything to the government without delivery confirmation of some sort.

Captain, I am glad to see that at least the Moscow consulate is giving some specific instructions, great! I strongly urge members to review the instructions at the consulate websites. VJ is great but don;t forget that most of us get whatever information we have from the consulates or USCIS, this isn't "secret stuff" it is all out there for public information.

ALL conulates and the USCIS state that either 1040s or transcripts are acceptable.

Gary And Alla

Slim..I agree and have always recommended that only ONE person handle forms. The risk of problems increases many fold when responsibilities are divided.

I fully agree. However, I was unable to do them this time so she stepped up and did a pretty good job. Only thing is.... she didn't make copies!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I have a concern about our(mine and my co-sponsor) affidavit of support. I am from Puerto Rico were we do not file for federal taxes. We do fill our "state" taxes and I have our W-2. Should I show copies of our state taxes forms or just to write a letter explaining that here we do not fill federal taxes here for our interview in Kiev? We have our bank statements, 401k statements, employment letter, bank letter etc. Thanks you all! :star:

Uniting for Ukraine

1-134 submitted - 4/25/2022

I-134 approved - 4/29/2022

Email received by beneficiary - 5/4/2022

Beneficiary submits data to USCBP - 5/4/2022

Received information about travel authorization from USCBP - 5/6/2022 (Approval but no Travel Authorization Document)

Travel Authorization Document- 5/16/2022

Timeline

I have a concern about our(mine and my co-sponsor) affidavit of support. I am from Puerto Rico were we do not file for federal taxes. We do fill our "state" taxes and I have our W-2. Should I show copies of our state taxes forms or just to write a letter explaining that here we do not fill federal taxes here for our interview in Kiev? We have our bank statements, 401k statements, employment letter, bank letter etc. Thanks you all! :star:

Boricua! My coworker that I share an office with, both her and her husband are from Puerto Rico

I would think that if you explain it might be good enough, and of course provide sufficient documentation to prove that you have the financial status that you claim. Honestly I would wait for someone here to answer, OR you could contact the embassy and ask, dont be afraid to shoot them an email, I have contacted them quite a number of times on various questions that we had.

Buena Suerte ojala que todo te salga bien y puedes encontrar la respesta de las formas que necesitas

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Timeline

They do not care about state taxes. I would just write a letter explaining it and attach w-2s. There would be no harm in attaching your PR tax return, but I doubt it is needed.

Gary And Alla

You can't send something you don't have!

However, you still need to establish that you're over. You can do that by sending any of the other things you've listed. (401k is unnecessary as it's not "income.")

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.