hellomms

I just took TD shot, CS says I still need Tdap

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My first post...

I took a TD shot from my physician and then went to the Civil Surgeon to get the medical exam. He looked at the letter from my physician that says I have taken TD on June 2nd, CS says that since March 2009, there is a new regulation that requires people in my age (29) need the Tdap shot and not just the Td shot.

CS is now telling me to wait for one month and then come back to him to take Tdap shot. I am concerned about the double dose and side effects, I read the USCIS instructions and seems like they want people to take TD or TDAP shot, not necessarily TDAP.

any opinion?

thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thought to share my experience in case someone else faces the same situation...

I went to another CS without mentioning the complication I had with the previous CS. He looked at the doctor's letter showing my TD shot and said I am all set for Vaccines and do not need anything else.

• 8 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Thought to share my experience in case someone else faces the same situation...

I went to another CS without mentioning the complication I had with the previous CS. He looked at the doctor's letter showing my TD shot and said I am all set for Vaccines and do not need anything else.

Hi! I am in this exact situation right now. But I had a DT shot today. So, did the second CS authorise everything or did you need Tdap in the end?

Thanks.

Edited by Nigel&Meggie
adu7iqzpc.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Judging by M+M 's timetime - it all went well.

Brandi

K-3 Visa Interview Date : 2009-10-19 Approved POE: 2009-10-28 Emerson ND

See time-line or Profile for more info

EAD

2010-06-07: Date Filed

2010-10-16: EAD in hand!

2010-10-23: SSN Received in normal post!!

AoS- Chicago Lock Box

2010-10-18(Day 1): Mailed again :)

2011-03-17(Day 159): Interview - Review file response

2011-03-18(Day 160): Card production email/text for Green Card!

2011-03-21(Day 163): Welcome to USA letter received

2011-03-22(Day 164): Another text for card production! Start printing GC?

2011-03-23(Day 165): Text/email moving into post decision activity! Mail GC?

2011-03-26(Day 168): GC in hand and done for 3-10 years depending on the citizenship decision...Still unsure!

N400 - Dallas Lock box

2017-02-13(Day 1): Finally made the decision to apply for citizenship. Package went in mail

2017-02-16(Day 4): 1st NOA "went background checks are complete interview will be scheduled" no mention of Biometrics

2017-03-03(Day 15) Biometrics letter arrives scheduled for 2017-03-13 Might try a walk in earlier

My husband only had the TD shot on his vaccine record and the CS did not question it.

The only people who questioned him were the nurses at our insurance provider.

This could probably explain their concern: Obviously TD is different from TDAP, they are both tetanus shot, but the TDAP also comes with the vaccine for the whooping cough, which has been attacking kids more rapidly within the past few years. The tetanus shot is only good for only a certain amount of years. Even as adults we still need to continue taking shots just like when we were kids!

The doctors were just trying to take advantage of that!

Honestly, I would like my husband to get the Tdap since there is small children in our family, but he got the regular TD shot last year in his country, and don't know the consequences of getting the other one so soon!

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status
  • 03-10-11 Day 00 = AOS FedEx overnight
  • 03-11-11 Day 01 = AOS at Chicago Lockbox FedEx Confirmation
  • 04-11-11 Day 32 = AOS Text/eMail Confirmation
  • 04-14-11 Day 35 = NOA (EAD & AOS)
  • 04-15-11 Day 36 = Bio-Metrics NOA
  • 05-10-11 Day 61 = Bio-Metrics Appointment
  • 05-17-11 Day 68 = Submitted Request to Correct Name on 485 & 765
  • 05-23-11 Day 74 = Status online shows I-765 (EAD) Approved
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = EAD arrived in the mail
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = Went to SSA office (name wrong on Master Immigration List)
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = InfoPass to correct name
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = SSA office again Pending name update
  • 06-??-11 Day ?? = Received Social Security Card
  • 08-03-11 Day 146 = AOS Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

My husband only had the TD shot on his vaccine record and the CS did not question it.

The only people who questioned him were the nurses at our insurance provider.

This could probably explain their concern: Obviously TD is different from TDAP, they are both tetanus shot, but the TDAP also comes with the vaccine for the whooping cough, which has been attacking kids more rapidly within the past few years. The tetanus shot is only good for only a certain amount of years. Even as adults we still need to continue taking shots just like when we were kids!

The doctors were just trying to take advantage of that!

Honestly, I would like my husband to get the Tdap since there is small children in our family, but he got the regular TD shot last year in his country, and don't know the consequences of getting the other one so soon!

So, is DT similar/same as TD??

adu7iqzpc.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My first post...

I took a TD shot from my physician and then went to the Civil Surgeon to get the medical exam. He looked at the letter from my physician that says I have taken TD on June 2nd, CS says that since March 2009, there is a new regulation that requires people in my age (29) need the Tdap shot and not just the Td shot.

CS is now telling me to wait for one month and then come back to him to take Tdap shot. I am concerned about the double dose and side effects, I read the USCIS instructions and seems like they want people to take TD or TDAP shot, not necessarily TDAP.

any opinion?

thanks in advance.

You don't need the TDAP if you already got the TD booster. I only had the booster and i was fine, besides which the next dose is every 10 years.

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.