^_^

Riots in Oakland

370 posts in this topic

To cap that, in the UK policemen are rarely injured while they carry out arrests, again a rare occurence and UK police do not routinely wear guns, they have a baton, that's it. In Northern Ireland the police do carry guns, but again during the Troubles arrests were made without having to shoot the suspects, routinely, as a matter of course. How do you explain that Simpson? Hmmm?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

maybe you have a bad long term memory... you are quite old aren't you

Older than you, yes. However, I very much doubt my memory is the problem here. I might be using hyperbole to make a point, but it is a fact that in the US suspects are frequently shot at, tazered and generally manhandled during arrest and we read about this nearly every day. I can't remember reading one article in the UK where a suspect was shot during an arrest - which would be pretty difficult seeing as they do not routinely carry guns, just batons.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

yeah you old people never do think your memories are a problem lol

You have lost your sparkle, that wasn't even remotely humerous. Where did you put your rapier?

Put it this way Simpson, America has very little in the way of news from outside of the US, not even political news let alone mundane stories about criminal arrests. Unless you live in various countries, you can't appreciate the local news from those regions. People in the US believe that it is normal for a suspect to be either tazered or shot for resisting arrest. This simply does not happen with any frequency in the other countries I have lived in - I don't know this because I have experienced the arrest process first hand, but because I have experienced local media in a variety of locations. It is significant, as is the attitude of the local populace towards their police force. In other countries the police are seen as a resource to be used in a wide variety of different scenarios and not all of them related to criminal activity. Of course, I don't expect you to know that being as you are an American citizen.

Your biggest problem is your discontent for this great nation.

We have plenty of access to news outlets be it local or national. The amount of people that choose to take advantage of that is another issue.

What we believe to be normal is that criminals be treated like criminals. People like you act like tasing in one step below shooting. :wacko:

I have lived in Germany but to young to remember. That aside I have spent a good amount of time in other countries and my experience has been that cops there are more corrupt.

Once again your anger/discontent is more aimed at the officers than the 'suspect'.

All that aside how do you feel about the verdict?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yeah you old people never do think your memories are a problem lol

and someday, you'll join us.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Did I say that? If humans produce a genetic mutation that enables them to benefit from the local environmental conditions better than their counterparts then they will evolve. I'm waiting for the mutation that will enable humans to benefit from HFC's in food, that'll give those humans a huge advantage over those who get diabetes, heart disease and all that jazz ;).

:secret: There is no difference between Fructose and Sucrose, as far as your body is concerned. Both have to be broken down to glucose pass through the intestinal wall.

:secret: There is no difference between Fructose and Sucrose, as far as your body is concerned. Both have to be broken down to glucose pass through the intestinal wall.

Sadly, the body does react totally differently dependent on the delivery system of various chemicals. It's a scientific fact that nutrition delivered in it's natural packaging (like eating raw fruits and veg, and even some cooked items) gets used by the body differently to nutrition that is delivered in pill form. It is also true that the body processes 'processed' food quite differently than its natural counterparts. You may believe that all food is equal - more power to you. I'll stick with the stuff that looks like it came off a tree or out the ground, not out of a chemical plant, thanks all the same.

Your biggest problem is your discontent for this great nation.

We have plenty of access to news outlets be it local or national. The amount of people that choose to take advantage of that is another issue.

What we believe to be normal is that criminals be treated like criminals. People like you act like tasing in one step below shooting. :wacko:

I have lived in Germany but to young to remember. That aside I have spent a good amount of time in other countries and my experience has been that cops there are more corrupt.

Once again your anger/discontent is more aimed at the officers than the 'suspect'.

All that aside how do you feel about the verdict?

Yes Simpson, that must be it, I am discontent living in your great and noble nation. :rofl:

No Simpson, Americans hear virtually nothing about the outside world beyond their own particular region. You only have to watch news broadcasts from different countries to see just how different the news is in America compared to well, just about any European nation. A typical news cast in the UK starts with National and international news. Local news is only broadcast after the local and national news and is given much less prominance. Here, the local news is virtually the entire broadcast and I have yet to hear of any foreign news on tv apart from the Haitian disaster or something similar. Foreign affairs is simply ignored entirely.

Suspects should be treated like suspects Simpson. You seem to be of the same mindset as the problem police, that because you believe that if you are a suspect you are a criminal and that you/the police have the right to treat criminals like filth. That is not how it is done elsewhere. Suspects are treated as suspects, that is people who are suspected of having committed a crime and the aim is to arrest the suspect and place them in custody as efficiently and safely as possible, both for the police and for the suspect.

You are seeing things that are not there by the way. I am dissatisfied with how the police seem to conduct themselves in American society, but that does not necessarily mean that I am seething with anger or discontent, nor does it mean that because I believe that the police force need to re think their attitudes towards suspects and indeed towards civilians in general that means I wish them to ignore suspects and just let them wander around free - that's silly and a ridiculous conclusion to come to.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Her discontent for this country is about as obvious as your discontent for me. ;)

Then your wrong on both accounts, because I don't dislike you. I really don't dislike anyone in this forum. I think there are a few who say things in this forum for shock effect and don't actually mean it, but your not one of them.

Her discontent for this country is about as obvious as your discontent for me. ;)

You are not very good at reading between the lines Simpson. I suspect you believe that as an immigrant I should be in awe of everything, good bad and indifferent, simply because I am an immigrant. Sorry, that's not how it works. I know there are bad things about all the places I have lived in, and there are good things as well. I am lucky, I have never lived anywhere that was universally horrible - in fact I have liked most things about all the places I have lived. However, if there is something I don't like about somewhere, I don't feel compelled to keep silent about it - I feel quite free to discuss the bad things as well.