^_^

Riots in Oakland

370 posts in this topic

A good chunk of those arrests are anarchists, the same folks that caused trouble in places like Seattle. The footage I have seen shows mostly white kids being arrested, from out of the area. What a bunch of Manson wannabees!

We are not allowed to speak of Social Darwinism! :bonk:

You can talk ###### as much as you like, you'll just get called out for talking ###### - Darwin theories have no use for single events good/bad or indifferent. Change is a product of random genetic mutations that produce an organism that can take better advantage of the local conditions. Individuals that get killed for whatever reason do not figure in the evolutionary process period.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What person purposely shoots someone in the back with something like 50 witnesses.

A cold-blooded murderer who thinks he's above the law (as most cops do)?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

I am not sure if 'most cops' think they are above the law, but there certainly is some kind of disconnect between American cops and the populations they are meant to serve and protect which is not a good thing at all.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

You can talk ###### as much as you like, you'll just get called out for talking ###### - Darwin theories have no use for single events good/bad or indifferent. Change is a product of random genetic mutations that produce an organism that can take better advantage of the local conditions. Individuals that get killed for whatever reason do not figure in the evolutionary process period.

Because humans don't evolve? :unsure:

Filed: Timeline

I am not sure if 'most cops' think they are above the law, but there certainly is some kind of disconnect between American cops and the populations they are meant to serve and protect which is not a good thing at all.

denzel's character in training day summed it up well...

I'm the police, I run ####### here. You just live here!

Because humans don't evolve? :unsure:

Did I say that? If humans produce a genetic mutation that enables them to benefit from the local environmental conditions better than their counterparts then they will evolve. I'm waiting for the mutation that will enable humans to benefit from HFC's in food, that'll give those humans a huge advantage over those who get diabetes, heart disease and all that jazz ;).

The disconnect generally tends to between the cops and the criminals.

The disconnect generally tends to between the cops and the criminals.

You have a very simplistic view of society Simpson. I have experienced living in various parts of the world, not just one, and I have to say that the US has the worst reputation in terms of unnecessarily harsh treatment of suspects of anywhere that I have lived. My personal experiences have not been bad in the US and I do not for one minute believe that all US cops are problematic, but if you average out the number of suspects that are injured or killed during arrest in the US as against any of the other countries I have lived in, and you also include the injuries sustained by the police during arrest, you'll find that the US has the worst record on both sides. That makes me think there is a problem, and not just for criminals, but for society in general.

You have a very simplistic view of society Simpson. I have experienced living in various parts of the world, not just one, and I have to say that the US has the worst reputation in terms of unnecessarily harsh treatment of suspects of anywhere that I have lived. My personal experiences have not been bad in the US and I do not for one minute believe that all US cops are problematic, but if you average out the number of suspects that are injured or killed during arrest in the US as against any of the other countries I have lived in, and you also include the injuries sustained by the police during arrest, you'll find that the US has the worst record on both sides. That makes me think there is a problem, and not just for criminals, but for society in general.

per capita? I hardly believe that but yes we do have a crime problem. Considering the crime level wouldnt it only make sense that there would be more conflicts. Nice how you call a man with a gun in his hand aiming and shooting just a suspect. :wacko:

per capita? I hardly believe that but yes we do have a crime problem. Considering the crime level wouldnt it only make sense that there would be more conflicts. Nice how you call a man with a gun in his hand aiming and shooting just a suspect. :wacko:

Nice? Well of course, because that is what a person is when they are arrested, a suspect. Only after they have gone through the criminal justice system and been found guilty of a crime does someone become a criminal. That's how the law works, innocent until proven guilty, had you forgotten?

All countries have a 'crime problem'. There is not one country which is devoid of criminal activity. I would guess that the % of criminals varies little from country to country unless the laws are weighted in such a way as to render ordinary life 'criminal'.

You try to use the fact that you have lived in other countries as credibility but you mention that you have lived here and no problems but you... do you get where I'm going with this? :bonk:

You try to use the fact that you have lived in other countries as credibility but you mention that you have lived here and no problems but you... do you get where I'm going with this? :bonk:

Put it this way Simpson, America has very little in the way of news from outside of the US, not even political news let alone mundane stories about criminal arrests. Unless you live in various countries, you can't appreciate the local news from those regions. People in the US believe that it is normal for a suspect to be either tazered or shot for resisting arrest. This simply does not happen with any frequency in the other countries I have lived in - I don't know this because I have experienced the arrest process first hand, but because I have experienced local media in a variety of locations. It is significant, as is the attitude of the local populace towards their police force. In other countries the police are seen as a resource to be used in a wide variety of different scenarios and not all of them related to criminal activity. Of course, I don't expect you to know that being as you are an American citizen.

Nice? Well of course, because that is what a person is when they are arrested, a suspect. Only after they have gone through the criminal justice system and been found guilty of a crime does someone become a criminal. That's how the law works, innocent until proven guilty, had you forgotten?

All countries have a 'crime problem'. There is not one country which is devoid of criminal activity. I would guess that the % of criminals varies little from country to country unless the laws are weighted in such a way as to render ordinary life 'criminal'.

In the eyes of the court but what about the eyes of the cop that is being shot at, this man is not a suspect of being dangerous or guilty! Your talking in general terms and not necessarily in the eyes of the court. So quit it with that whole "innocent until proven guilty" argument. You soft played that word(suspect)to make you argument sound better, fail.

You know what I meant by crime problems so please quit it with the semantics.

Do you have per capita statistics?

In the eyes of the court but what about the eyes of the cop that is being shot at, this man is not a suspect of being dangerous or guilty! Your talking in general terms and not necessarily in the eyes of the court. So quit it with that whole "innocent until proven guilty" argument. You soft played that word(suspect)to make you argument sound better, fail.

You know what I meant by crime problems so please quit it with the semantics.

Do you have per capita statistics?

You were worried about the use of the word suspect by me Simpson but that is an acurate term whether or not you like it.

No, I do not have any per capita statistics at my fingertips, but I do know that I never, ever heard of ANYONE being shot while being arrested in the UK, not once - nor in Northern Ireland during the troubles (you know, when they were arresting terrorists) nor in France. It DOES NOT HAPPEN, or if it does it is an extremely rare and exception circumstance because as I said, I can't think of one incidence where this has happened. NOT ONE NEWS STORY. NONE. What more evidence do you need?