^_^

Riots in Oakland

370 posts in this topic

I've looked around and it looks like most areas have a max of two years. He's served most of that already.

Here is a paragraph from the SF Chronicle.

The jury also found that Mehserle, 28, had used a gun during the crime. In all, he could be sentenced to five to 14 years in prison. link

So it would be 14 not 16.

Filed: Timeline

Oakland is getting mutual aid from Alameda. Oakland police have lost containment, and small groups are looting and setting fires as they spread out through the area.

http://www.kron.com/News/KRON4NewsShows/WatchKRON4NewsLiveOnline/tabid/354/Default.aspx

Riots; the solution to most of life's problems.

(hey indigo, I'm being sarcastic)

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I dont know, I think its plausible to think he had mistaken his taser for his gun. Lets put this in perspective, hes in a crowded area with hundreds of witness and he pulls out a gun and shoots him in the back.

Too often when a cop kills a black men people see nothing but rage and reason takes a hike. I just have a hard time thinking he intentionally shot the man in the back with all those witnesses.

There was no reason for the cop to have pulled out his gun let alone a taser. One of the sister hospitals of the hospital I work at got in serious trouble for their county police using tasers unnecessary. Now we do debriefings on every taser incident. A taser is the last resort before using a firearm. I just don't see why a guy on his back needed to be tasered. To be honest I don't know what the cop was thinking either. Maybe he just had rage issues?

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I dont know, I think its plausible to think he had mistaken his taser for his gun. Lets put this in perspective, hes in a crowded area with hundreds of witness and he pulls out a gun and shoots him in the back.

Too often when a cop kills a black men people see nothing but rage and reason takes a hike. I just have a hard time thinking he intentionally shot the man in the back with all those witnesses.

I'm sorry, but that is just not possible. The holster's for a gun and a taser are completely different and situated on opposite sides. Even if it is your first day of deployment using one, you've got hours and hours of training just to qualify to carry one.

There was no reason for the cop to have pulled out his gun let alone a taser. One of the sister hospitals of the hospital I work at got in serious trouble for their county police using tasers unnecessary. Now we do debriefings on every taser incident. A taser is the last resort before using a firearm. I just don't see why a guy on his back needed to be tasered. To be honest I don't know what the cop was thinking either. Maybe he just had rage issues?

Well if the argument was that there was no need to use a taser in this situation the charges would still be the same, involuntary manslaughter.

Considering the situation I would of been ok with the cop using the taser. When your resisting arrest and cops have to hold you down, I would say thats a good time to use a taser.

I'm sorry, but that is just not possible. The holster's for a gun and a taser are completely different and situated on opposite sides. Even if it is your first day of deployment using one, you've got hours and hours of training just to qualify to carry one.

In the heat of the moment mistakes are made. What seems more plausible, he reached for the wrong side or he purposely shot him in the back with all these witnesses.

We will never know for sure what his intentions were but I have to say the taser theory makes more sense.

Edited by _Simpson_

I've never understood why people get so angry over an issue and then burn down their neighborhood. Why would you burn your own infrastructure?

I can understand going to that cop's neighborhood and burning down all his $#!t, but all too often we see people who are "upset" so they turn over cars, light fires, break windows, etc. - in their own neighborhood.

Why is that?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I've never understood why people get so angry over an issue and then burn down their neighborhood. Why would you burn your own infrastructure?

darwin at work.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

It may vary by department, but it looked like his utility belt carried both weapons on his right side. Could just be an, "Oh, ######!" moment, but juries do tend to give police the benefit of the doubt. How else can you explain the popularity of Mark Furhman, a proven liar and racist?

I can understand going to that cop's neighborhood and burning down all his $#!t, but all too often we see people who are "upset" so they turn over cars, light fires, break windows, etc. - in their own neighborhood.

Why is that?

A good chunk of those arrests are anarchists, the same folks that caused trouble in places like Seattle. The footage I have seen shows mostly white kids being arrested, from out of the area. What a bunch of Manson wannabees!

darwin at work.

We are not allowed to speak of Social Darwinism! :bonk: